The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[PROGRESS THREAD] - Getting Shit Done

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, this is a progress thread for my lawn mowing business, I will give weekly reports, then monthly reports comparing last month. I just wanted to thank @perchboy for motivating me to get up and start.

Week 1 Goals:
  • Atleast 5 clients
  • Atleast 10 bookings
  • Knock on atleast 100 doors
Today, I knocked on 35 doors, 10 said no. 0 said yes. 25 didn’t answer (not home probably, I left my business card in their mailboxes) I didn’t stay out for long due to air quality. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Good job taking action and knocking doors, not many people will be willing to do that

Have you listened to Johnnys INSIDERS call?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello everyone, this is a progress thread for my lawn mowing business, I will give weekly reports, then monthly reports comparing last month. I just wanted to thank @perchboy for motivating me to get up and start.

Week 1 Goals:
  • Atleast 5 clients
  • Atleast 10 bookings
Today, I knocked on 35 doors, 10 said no. 0 said yes. 25 didn’t answer (not home probably, I left my business card in their mailboxes) I didn’t stay out for long due to air quality. Any advice would be appreciated.
Quick advice,

Knock on at least 200 doors before concluding anything.
Volume negates luck

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Keep going! Another 25 when?? Great job!
Most likely today, I have a busy day as I just finished school, (need to get rid of books). Also exhausted from spending 7 and a half hours in school.
Quick advice,

Knock on at least 200 doors before concluding anything.
Volume negates luck
I’ll try my best. Like I said above, I just finished school, Im also exhausted. I’ll aim for 150.
Good job taking action and knocking doors, not many people will be willing to do that

Have you listened to Johnnys INSIDERS call?
No, I don’t have INSIDERS. Is there a way to listen to it without INSIDERS?

Screw how I’m feeling, I’m going to go door to door now, bye you guys.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
DAILY REPORT #2
Thank you everyone who gave me advice and is following along, Its making me really motivated.
Today was a short but successful run. (Im feeling really tired and not well, Im going to rest after this.)

SUMMARY:
DOORS:10
YES:0
NO:1
INTERESTED IN CARD:8
NOT ANSWERED:1

What I’ve Learnt: Giving a story really helps, I should be expecting maybe 3-4 calls soon because of this.

Questions: How Should I charge? I was discussing with a friend,
I said divide est. time by 60, x 90. a job that takes 15 minutes = 22.5 bucks.
Friends suggestion: Each minute it takes = $1.25, $18.75
Im going to go with my way probably. It’s way more profitable. I want to see what others think. Im probably just going to take down notes of each day, then summarize every Wednesday(I wont be doing it from tomorrow afternoon probably until Monday) I could still get calls though, who knows. (Im celebrating Canada Day and peoples birthdays). And Im on summer break, that means more time to work! Hope everyone has a good evening! Talk to you tomorrow!

-John

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How is your competition doing it currently? Do you know?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
How is your competition doing it currently? Do you know?
No competition, most big ones only care for profit. They charge like 125 minimum. No small ones nearby! Same with snow shovelling. No competition. And I also live near schools. When I grow, I can probably get contracts to go there like every month for like 200 bucks a visit.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Week 1 Goals:
  • Atleast 5 clients
  • Atleast 10 bookings
I used dried peas when I was door-knocking in my RE business. I put my goal number of peas into my left pocket. When I finished at each door, I transferred one of them to my other pocket. I didn't go home until I was out of peas or I was invited into someone's home to talk to them.

What inspired me? I heard a man tell a story about his dad during the Great Depression. He went out and door knocked until he found a good house listing that he knew he could sell. He went every day until he found that special property with the right seller. At lunchtime, during his door-knocking activities, he sat on the curb and ate his lunch. When he got his listing, he sat on it until he got it sold. Then he went and found another listing by door knocking. This story happened way before MLS and brokers cooperated. When I go tired of knocking on doors, I thought about that man sitting on the curb eating his lunch, doing the work, to feed his family in the middle of the Great Depression.

And here's a thought for you. When someone says no, ask if they know of someone else who needs their lawn mowed. Put some small wrapped candies in your pocket. Whether they give you a referral or not, hand them a wrapped candy along with your card, and thank them for their time. Be the nicest person they meet all day long.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Just an observation...

There seems to be a pattern of getting tired easily. Why is a 13yr old getting tired after 10 doors? Is health an issue that needs to get addressed? Or is this more of a mental hurdle because it is hot? (I know I don't want to knock on doors in summer in Phoenix).

Either way, it seems to be holding you back a bit...

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I used dried peas when I was door-knocking in my RE business. I put my goal number of peas into my left pocket. When I finished at each door, I transferred one of them to my other pocket. I didn't go home until I was out of peas or I was invited into someone's home to talk to them.

What inspired me? I heard a man tell a story about his dad during the Great Depression. He went out and door knocked until he found a good house listing that he knew he could sell. He went every day until he found that special property with the right seller. At lunchtime, during his door-knocking activities, he sat on the curb and ate his lunch. When he got his listing, he sat on it until he got it sold. Then he went and found another listing by door knocking. This story happened way before MLS and brokers cooperated. When I go tired of knocking on doors, I thought about that man sitting on the curb eating his lunch, doing the work, to feed his family in the middle of the Great Depression.

And here's a thought for you. When someone says no, ask if they know of someone else who needs their lawn mowed. Put some small wrapped candies in your pocket. Whether they give you a referral or not, hand them a wrapped candy along with your card, and thank them for their time. Be the nicest person they meet all day long.
I will do that! It would be a great idea! People have a lot of children nearby! Thank you!
Just an observation...

There seems to be a pattern of getting tired easily. Why is a 13yr old getting tired after 10 doors? Is health an issue that needs to get addressed? Or is this more of a mental hurdle because it is hot? (I know I don't want to knock on doors in summer in Phoenix).

Either way, it seems to be holding you back a bit...
I just wasn’t dressed properly. Stupid reason I know.

I haven’t been posting progress since no progress has been made, (celebrating Canada Day.) And Im going to add my fitness goals to this progress thread. Starting next week, I’ll be working out 3 days a week, posting progress. That’s the main reason for this “mid week” update. Any advice would be nice, thank you.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, week 1 was just finished, yes it was seven days, Im counting both the first and last day (Wednesday-Tuesday). The results are pretty disappointing, I wasn’t making progress 4/7 of the days though, (It wont happen again.)

WEEK 1 GOALS
  • 1 Client
  • 10 Emails or Phone calls
  • 100 doors
WEEK 1 RESULTS
  • 0 Clients
  • 0 Emails Or Phone Calls
  • 70 Doors
STUFF IVE LEARNT

Being the nicest and non-robotic like really helps, I was making people smile and giggle, I was also giving out candy with my card, a lot of people smiled when I did that (thanks @WJK for that tip.).

QUESTIONS

Do some people just not have mailboxes or anything? I knocked on some doors and they didn’t answer, so I looked for somewhere to put my card but couldn’t find one?

Anyways, as most of you know I said I’d also put my fitness progress here, as I’m going to the gym starting tomorrow (first time) As I’m rotating from calisthenics, any tips or goals would be nice, and I have no shitting clue on what goals to aim for.

WEEK 2 BUSINESS GOALS:

• 1 Client
  • 10 emails or phone calls
  • 125 doors
WEEK 1 FITNESS GOALS:
  • Get good form
  • Get used to the machines
  • Go 3 days in a week
  • Spend atleast an hour every time in the gym,
  • Run for 30 minutes a day
  • Stretch before working out
  • Be active for atleast 2 hours a day
CODING GOAL:
  • Code for 30 minutes a day
Anymore goals or tips would be appreciated, Thank you everyone who gave advice or following along. And should I add another goal section for coding and reading? Thank you everyone!:blush:

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hello everyone, week 1 was just finished, yes it was seven days, Im counting both the first and last day (Wednesday-Tuesday). The results are pretty disappointing, I wasn’t making progress 4/7 of the days though, (It wont happen again.)

WEEK 1 GOALS
  • 1 Client
  • 10 Emails or Phone calls
  • 100 doors
WEEK 1 RESULTS
  • 0 Clients
  • 0 Emails Or Phone Calls
  • 70 Doors
STUFF IVE LEARNT

Being the nicest and non-robotic like really helps, I was making people smile and giggle, I was also giving out candy with my card, a lot of people smiled when I did that (thanks @WJK for that tip.).

QUESTIONS

Do some people just not have mailboxes or anything? I knocked on some doors and they didn’t answer, so I looked for somewhere to put my card but couldn’t find one?

Anyways, as most of you know I said I’d also put my fitness progress here, as I’m going to the gym starting tomorrow (first time) As I’m rotating from calisthenics, any tips or goals would be nice, and I have no shitting clue on what goals to aim for.

WEEK 2 BUSINESS GOALS:

• 1 Client
  • 125 doors
WEEK 1 FITNESS GOALS:
  • Get good form
  • Go 3 days in a week
Anymore goals or tips would be appreciated, Thank you everyone who gave advice or following along. And should I add another goal section for coding and reading? Thank you everyone!:blush:
Ask for referrals. Every time.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, I just had a few questions, 1. Would you like it more if I updated daily, weekly, and monthly or weekly and monthly.
2. How much weight should I use for the gym work outs, remember I’m just starting off (asking because I’m going in a few hours)
3. Should I add my coding and reading goals?
Thank you, any advice would be nice.
Ask for referrals. Every time.
Agh forgot to do that, I’ll make sure to do it today (maybe).

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hello everyone, I just had a few questions, 1. Would you like it more if I updated daily, weekly, and monthly or weekly and monthly.
2. How much weight should I use for the gym work outs, remember I’m just starting off (asking because I’m going in a few hours)
Thank you, any advice would be nice.

Agh forgot to do that, I’ll make sure to do it today (maybe).
Referrals are most of your business returns for your time and effort. You're shooting yourself in the foot by not asking.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Excellent thread; I love action-taking. I can confirm that flyers are particularly effective, I handed out 250 of them yesterday and got two callbacks just today.

1. Would you like it more if I updated daily, weekly, and monthly or weekly and monthly?
I'll flip it back on you. Could you let me know what you're comfortable updating with? How often?

• PUSH
    • barbell bench press
    • dumbbell shoulder press
  • PULL
    • horizontal pull at some cables or machine
    • pullups
  • LEGS
    • light squats - master the technique
    • light deadlifts - master the technique
Start with weights. Try to do 8-12 reps, three times over. Make sure to eat plenty of protein sources.

Here is a beginner routine, I've quoted it from the world-famous @heavy_industry. He has been voted the #1 personal trainer globally and has top-notch fitness advice.

Do you need to code to push the business forward? Would you like to read? Audiobooks are great for doing other tasks (like flyer handouts?).

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Excellent thread; I love action-taking.
Thank you man, it means a lot to me. I’ll be sure not to disappoint you.
I can confirm that flyers are particularly effective, I handed out 250 of them yesterday and got two callbacks just today.
I don’t know when I’ll switch to flyers Id rather stick to cards for now.
I'll flip it back on you. Could you let me know what you're comfortable updating with? How often?
I’ll do it daily for now, when things get busy I’ll change my mind then.
Start with weights. Try to do 8-12 reps, three times over. Make sure to eat plenty of protein sources.

Here is a beginner routine, I've quoted it from the world-famous @heavy_industry. He has been voted the #1 personal trainer globally and has top-notch fitness advice.
Alright thank you man, I couldn’t go today because they don’t allow check ins past 3
Do you need to code to push the business forward? Would you like to read? Audiobooks are great for doing other tasks (like flyer handouts?).
No not really.

Anyways,

WEEK 2, DAY 1

FITNESS PROGRESS

Really good, crushed my goals

• 60 MINS/20 MINS Running a Day
  • 180 MINS/120 MINS Being Active
  • GOT USED TO THE MACHINES

Nothing done in Business, I was really busy today, I had tennis from 9-12, got home around 12:30, had lunch at 1:00, Had to go shopping, Got to the gym at 3:42:humph:, Got my membership, went shopping again, Just got home and gotta eat dinner and go to bed PLUS my legs are getting that stretchy, tight sensation.

Don’t worry, tomorrow after tennis, I’ll go door to door before lunch, after lunch and also, I dont think I’ll be able to hit the gym 3 days this week, I got to visit my grandma for like 5 days. My cousin said I can go with him though. I got to do like 50 doors tomorrow, No excuses. I’ll be adding coding goals, due by next Wednesday aswell

CODING GOAL:

• Code for 30 minutes everyday

Thank you everyone, and especially @Spenny, @piano, and @WJK for giving me a lot of tips and following along. Once again, any tips would be appreciated. Have a good night.

-John

Last edited:

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Thank you man, it means a lot to me. I’ll be sure not to disappoint you.

I don’t know when I’ll switch to flyers Id rather stick to cards for now.

I’ll do it daily for now, when things get busy I’ll change my mind then.

Alright thank you man, I couldn’t go today because they don’t allow check ins past 3

Yes, My mom and I have come up with an idea and we’re planning on launching it by end of summer break, I want to make our website so we save money that can go towards patent.

Anyways,

WEEK 2, DAY 1

FITNESS PROGRESS

Really good, crushed my goals

• 60 MINS/20 MINS Running a Day
  • 180 MINS/120 MINS Being Active
  • GOT USED TO THE MACHINES

Nothing done in Business, I was really busy today, I had tennis from 9-12, got home around 12:30, had lunch at 1:00, Had to go shopping, Got to the gym at 3:42:humph:, Got my membership, went shopping again, Just got home and gotta eat dinner and go to bed PLUS my legs are getting that stretchy, tight sensation.

Don’t worry, tomorrow after tennis, I’ll go door to door before lunch, after lunch and also, I dont think I’ll be able to hit the gym 3 days this week, I got to visit my grandma for like 5 days. My cousin said I can go with him though. I got to do like 50 doors tomorrow, No excuses. I’ll be adding coding goals, due by next Wednesday aswell

CODING GOAL:

• Code for 30 minutes everyday

Thank you everyone, and especially @Spenny, @piano, and @WJK for giving me a lot of tips and following along. Once again, any tips would be appreciated. Have a good night.

-John
This is great! Keep going!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
WEEK 2 DAY 2:
Holy Crap,
Today was a great day. I’ll cut right to the chase. I couldn’t get to too many doors cuz it’s a storm is coming and I had to practice more tennis for a tournament tomorrow.

FITNESS GOALS
  • 70/20 MINS Running a Day
  • 220 MINS/120 MINS Being Active
BUSINESS GOALS
  • 10/50 Doors
  • 1 Call
CODING GOAL

30/30 MINUTES CODING

QUESTIONS:
Does anyone have a website where they get “template” websites so I can play around?
How should I ask for referrals?
How can I get the big number of doors like 100, 200?
How do I pressure people to call me/accept the deal?

Tomorrow I can probably do some doors, just it takes a while to do doors, even though I only did 10, I spent like 30 minutes outside. Anything would be nice.

Im also getting door hangers as that would make more sense. Im going to design them so I checkbox what the person could get, and I’d give them an estimate, put it on their door with my phone number.

Anyways why I’m so happy today is, I know, I only got 1 call today. But that’s huge for me. She said she’ll call me back after she thinks about it. I legit starting jumping with excitement. Any tips would be nice, thank you everyone and have a good afternoon :)

Last edited:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
It depends on what you want, but WordPress is incredible with Elementor. But first, find people to help; you'll learn far more than just doing it in a vacuum, plus you won't be free falling & learning for no reason.

How do you ask for referrals:

"do you know anyone else that needs help with.... (task you just did)"

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
DAILY REPORT #2
Thank you everyone who gave me advice and is following along, Its making me really motivated.
Today was a short but successful run. (Im feeling really tired and not well, Im going to rest after this.)

SUMMARY:
DOORS:10
YES:0
NO:1
INTERESTED IN CARD:8
NOT ANSWERED:1

What I’ve Learnt: Giving a story really helps, I should be expecting maybe 3-4 calls soon because of this.

Questions: How Should I charge? I was discussing with a friend,
I said divide est. time by 60, x 90. a job that takes 15 minutes = 22.5 bucks.
Friends suggestion: Each minute it takes = $1.25, $18.75
Im going to go with my way probably. It’s way more profitable. I want to see what others think. Im probably just going to take down notes of each day, then summarize every Wednesday(I wont be doing it from tomorrow afternoon probably until Monday) I could still get calls though, who knows. (Im celebrating Canada Day and peoples birthdays). And Im on summer break, that means more time to work! Hope everyone has a good evening! Talk to you tomorrow!

-John

You should have a minimumprice.
39$ +-

You are competing with bigger companies they al have overhead and need to charge for it.
If you want to grow you also are going to need the money.
And lets just be honest. Nobody is going to take you serious at 18 bucks.

It is better to start off with your pricing correctly because when you grow you are going to neglect the early customers with a low price.

Ive been there.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
It depends on what you want, but WordPress is incredible with Elementor. But first, find people to help; you'll learn far more than just doing it in a vacuum, plus you won't be free falling & learning for no reason.
Thank you man. You’ve helped me a lot. I will implement this. Thank you again spenny.
You should have a minimumprice.
39$ +-

You are competing with bigger companies they al have overhead and need to charge for it.
If you want to grow you also are going to need the money.
And lets just be honest. Nobody is going to take you serious at 18 bucks.

It is better to start off with your pricing correctly because when you grow you are going to neglect the early customers with a low price.

Ive been there.
22.5 is base, im offering additional services like fertilizer, bush trimming, weed removal. But I get where your coming from, maybe a base price of like $30?

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
WEEK 2 DAY 3
Kind of late update. Didn’t really do a lot today, wasn’t really supposed to though

BUSINESS:
No doors none of that really, just followed up with the call from yesterday, am starting digital ads. Working on door hangers etc. sure it side stuff, just decided to get it over and done with

FITNESS:

200/120 MINS ACTIVE
45/20 MINS RUNNING

CODING GOAL:

0/30 MINS CODING

Honestly, I don’t think coding is for me. I cant sit there and type. I think playing videos games 9 and a half hours every day for a 3 year period straight damaged my eyes (it hurts to stare at a screen for longer than 15 minutes) I think im going to get my door hangers and really grind with my business.

QUESTIONS

1. Kind of off topic but how can I restore this “eye damage” that I have? It really hurts.

Anyways, sort of bad day today, I won’t be posting tomorrow-Monday, Tuesday ish (won’t be at home) any advice would be nice thank you!

John

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
WEEK 2 DAY 3
Kind of late update. Didn’t really do a lot today, wasn’t really supposed to though

BUSINESS:
No doors none of that really, just followed up with the call from yesterday, am starting digital ads. Working on door hangers etc. sure it side stuff, just decided to get it over and done with

FITNESS:

200/120 MINS ACTIVE
45/20 MINS RUNNING

CODING GOAL:

0/30 MINS CODING

Honestly, I don’t think coding is for me. I cant sit there and type. I think playing videos games 9 and a half hours every day for a 3 year period straight damaged my eyes (it hurts to stare at a screen for longer than 15 minutes) I think im going to get my door hangers and really grind with my business.

QUESTIONS

1. My cousin who’s in high school wants to help me go d2d for free (volunteering hours) and Im going to “hire” him, if he does really good I can offer him a job, what do you think?
2. Kind of off topic but how can I restore this “eye damage” that I have? It really hurts.

Anyways, sort of bad day today, I won’t be posting tomorrow-Monday, Tuesday ish (hanging out with grandma) any advice would be nice thank you!

John
So don't code. Do what is good for you and your body.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
WEEK 2 DAY 6

Today was fricking awesome, went to the gym for the first time.

FITNESS GOALS
1/3 Work Outs, just wanted to share, first time in there, did proper form, benched 55 with the bar (not much but still good). Im going to go again tomorrow aswell
20/20 MINS RUNNING
150/20 MINS ACTIVE

I think I’m going to add a calorie goal and a healthy eating goal. Im trying to keep writing but my arms are so sore from the work out. And im going out again to the gym tomorrow, to get closer to my goal. As usual, any tips or or any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Week #2 Progress
This week had some really good progress, I will be adding some new categories such as: Healthy Eating and Bulking 2200 calories.
Anyways, here’s the weekly update

Business

WEEK 2 BUSINESS GOALS:
  • 1 Client
  • 125 doors
Week 2 Business Progress
  • 0 Clients
  • 2 phone calls
  • 20 doors
I know I didn’t do well for business, I just can’t seem to find the time to go d2d, I will go with my sister again as I did most doors in one day with her. I might lower the goal down again, it’s also because I’m at my grandmas, Im here again tomorrow and maybe till Thursday, who knows.

Fitness

WEEK 2 FITNESS GOALS:
  • Get good form
  • Go 3 days in a week
  • Be active for atleast 2 hours a day
Week 2 Fitness Progress
  • Meh form
  • Got used to machines
  • Went 2/3 days this week
  • Went for atleast 2 hours each session
  • Didn’t really stretch properly
  • Active for atleast 2 h 30m a day
Im really proud of myself this week, I will try my very best for business, ive just been enjoying life with family etc, hope everyone understands.

Business Goals for Week 3:
  • Knock on 75 doors
  • Get 1 client
  • 3 phone calls or emails
  • Get my door hangers
Fitness Goals for Week 3:
  • Go to the gym 3x a week
  • Get good form
  • Running for 30 minutes everyday
  • Stretch before lifting
  • Bench 65 lb
  • Active for atleast 2 hours each day
Healthy Eating/Drinking Goals
  • Have absolutely no sweets
  • Get my 110 g of protein
  • Drink 2 litres of water
  • Eating my 2200 Kcal a day
Sleeping Goal
  • Sleep 8-9 h each night
In my opinion, week 2 was decent, but week 3 needs to be better. Any tips would be nice, got to keep this brief as my arms are still sore, thank you.

Last edited:
G

GuestR401x3

Keep up the good work! As far as pricing goes you are underpricing yourself, your minimum should be at least $50 unless you have super small lawns and a bunch close together.

I know you're not quite hitting your goals but don't give up on the door knocking, you'll find some customers soon. Another free thing you should do is put an ad on Craigslist and some local Facebook groups.

Once you get some profit and learn how to make a website create your own website and consider running Google Local Service ads. This will rank you at the top on Google when people look for a landscaper nearby and will give you a verified badge that will increase trust.
You can also try voicemail drops and send voicemails to a ton of your neighbors in one click advertising your services.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.