The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION [Progress Thread] Amazon FBA

Readerly

Yes and
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
This is a continuation of a progress thread started on the inside. If you're an Insider and are curious, you can read that thread here.

I launched a second brand on Amazon selling two products in one niche. I sent in 5 units of each product and ran ad campaigns on a set of targeted search terms. This was in Q4, 2018. The metrics were pretty good. The impressions and CPC were decent. The units sold out in a week. There's demand--and relatively little competition.

One of those products has even less competition than the other. So I've decided to scale a bit more. I plan to send in a hundred or so units of the product later this month. I'll report back afterwards about results.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Readerly

Readerly

Yes and
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
An update on my Amazon FBA launch:

I now have a few dozen units of my brand's 2 products at the Amazon warehouses. The brand is in Health & Beauty. For now, I'm making the products in my basement.

I've been running Amazon PPC ads for each product with a budget of $10 a day. The ACOS is not there yet. But for the past couple weeks I've been getting about 1 to 2 sales a day total.

I'm also running Good Ads with affiliate links to the product pages on Amazon. So, even if the person doesn't order my product, I often get a commission on what they do purchase. This effectively subsidizes the Google Ads. Click-through rates are good and CPC is low. I'm definitely finding an audience of folks ready to buy.

The key factor, I think, to improve my conversion rates is to get some reviews. The rest of the products pages are pretty well optimized. I've done a lot of research on the intertubes about how to get Amazon reviews. Most of the advice is either out-of-date or ineffective. I've tried giveaway sites like JumpSend. I've signed up for Amazon's Early Reviewer Program. I don't want to invite friends & family to post reviews, since that violates Amazon's terms of service.

At this point, I believe the best bet is to run giveaways on Facebook Ads to build up a Messenger mailing list. Then I can ask the audience I've attracted to write a review. That's the plan right now.

I just hired my graphic designer to redo the brand logo--make it more professional. Once I get that new logo, I'll start my Facebook Ads giveaway campaigns, probably in early April. I also plan to launch a third product under the brand then.

I really believe the brand has promise. Compared to the competition, one of the products has much higher quality ingredients, yet costs half the price. The other product is really the only decent offering in its niche.

Any suggestions from forumites on how to accelerate getting reviews would be much appreciated!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom