The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lucas Lee-Tyson

https://growthcave.com
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Aug 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Hello Fast Lane Forum readers,

My name is Lucas. I'm 20 years old and a Junior in college. I've been building and selling things online since I was 15. I first got started when I stumbled on the Internet Marketing forum BlackHatWorld. I have had a handful of successes and lots of failures. I've started affiliate blogs, eCommerce stores, and agencies. So I guess you could say I've been around the block a few times ;)

Most recently, I have been doing freelance PPC work, and now focus on Facebook Ads exclusively. I got started when I was working a marketing internship over the summer and realized, 'If I don't get my own shit working, this is going to be my life.' That was the fire under my a$$ I needed. That was 7 months ago, and it's been going well since then. My 2018 earnings are below:

98dddeba810f0bfa6b1bddfef52ef044.png

It has been going well. But as you can see, tt is very inconsistent. November I had a lot of schoolwork and a lot of personal shit I was going through and my client work suffered as a result. Thus, my goal going forward is to build a much more sustainable business. This includes building an email list, having digital products that don't require my time/attention to sell so I can generate income passively. And ideally through the combination of these 2 I will be able to get higher paying, higher quality clients as well. The combination of freelance work and selling digital products is how I plan to reach $10,000/month.

$10,000 is my long term goal. In the short term my goals are:
- 250 email list subscribers by January 31st, 2019
- 1,000 email list subscribers by March 31st, 2019
- $10,000 in monthly revenue (average) by September 1st, 2019

I'm currently at about ~75 email subscribers. I am planning on doing this with partnerships with people in the paid advertising/Internet Marketing space. IM gurus obviously get a lot of hate here on FLF but I can safely say I'm 1 of few that actually practice what I preach, and hope to work with people that do the same.

I also have lots of ideas of how I will grow. I want to start a YouTube channel where I show knowledge, and do live audits of viewers campaigns. But my main goal now is to partner with people who have audiences and work with them.

Follow my journey and keep me accountable ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014

My name is Lucas. I'm 20 years old and a Junior in college. I've been building and selling things online since I was 15. I first got started when I stumbled on the Internet Marketing forum BlackHatWorld. I have had a handful of successes and lots of failures. I've started affiliate blogs, eCommerce stores, and agencies. So I guess you could say I've been around the block a few times ;)

Most recently, I have been doing freelance PPC work, and now focus on Facebook Ads exclusively. I got started when I was working a marketing internship over the summer and realized, 'If I don't get my own sh*t working, this is going to be my life.' That was the fire under my a$$ I needed. That was 7 months ago, and it's been going well since then. My 2018 earnings are below:

It has been going well. But as you can see, tt is very inconsistent. November I had a lot of schoolwork and a lot of personal sh*t I was going through and my client work suffered as a result. Thus, my goal going forward is to build a much more sustainable business. This includes building an email list, having digital products that don't require my time/attention to sell so I can generate income passively. And ideally through the combination of these 2 I will be able to get higher paying, higher quality clients as well. The combination of freelance work and selling digital products is how I plan to reach $10,000/month.

I'm currently at about ~75 email subscribers. I am planning on doing this with partnerships with people in the paid advertising/Internet Marketing space. IM gurus obviously get a lot of hate here on FLF but I can safely say I'm 1 of few that actually practice what I preach, and hope to work with people that do the same.

I also have lots of ideas of how I will grow. I want to start a YouTube channel where I show knowledge, and do live audits of viewers campaigns. But my main goal now is to partner with people who have audiences and work with them.

Welcome Lucas! Looking forward to following your process. I am confident you will reach your goals! We have kind of similar goals for 2019 - also with offering the same service. I wish I was thinking like you when I was in college. Do not want to put pressure on you, but I have a feeling that you will outperform your own expectations in 2019!

Lucas Lee-Tyson

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Aug 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Welcome Lucas! Looking forward to following your process. I am confident you will reach your goals! We have kind of similar goals for 2019 - also with offering the same service. I wish I was thinking like you when I was in college. Do not want to put pressure on you, but I have a feeling that you will outperform your own expectations in 2019!

Thanks man! I just checked your threads and see we are in very similar niches. Should definitely keep in touch ;)

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I'm watching this thread. Keep it going !

redrenegade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 19, 2018
Hey I'm in a similar boat! Are you a FB 'agency'/'consultant' or are you doing FB to promote your eCommerce/affiliate type stuff?

Lucas Lee-Tyson

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Aug 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Hey I'm in a similar boat! Are you a FB 'agency'/'consultant' or are you doing FB to promote your eCommerce/affiliate type stuff?

FB agency/consultant :) If you are too we should definitely connect!

Liam Jose

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 30, 2018
The best thing about facebook ads is that we can target the market.Best wishes for your success man

Lucas Lee-Tyson

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Aug 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Month of January updates:
Current subscriber count: 201
Subscriber growth:
90c9eb154712867c3209b7afadbab9df.png

January was a decent month I suppose. I fell a bit short of my goal of 250 but I am happy with the progress I have accomplished, considering this is my first month starting the list.

I landed a guest post on an SEO/affiliate blog called RankXL, titled 'How I Used Facebook Ads To Get 2400+ Email Subscribers For Only $1.42/Subscriber'. This post sent a large spike in traffic the day it was published as can be seen below:

418168bc685834278fe7e1d8f43e7e85.png

I was also featured on a small podcast called JustGoGrind. I don't think this sent any traffic but I can use it as a reference should I ever want to be featured on other podcasts hopefully.

Overall site traffic increased as well, mostly due to the media publication noted above and the ads I've been running. What kind of Facebook Ads 'guru' would I be if I didn't use them myself? ;) These have been running fairly well, considering I'm just using Interests, no lookalikes.

56b9b67f5385b23877ed7ee3bc7b2d87.png

My plan going forward is to continue doing outreach to other bloggers/marketers/entrepreneurs and try do some sort of content for their audience. Guest posts and podcasts are the most audience ones but I've been looking into 'partner webinars' as well, where basically I do some sort of free live training. They email their list, their list gets value, I get email subscribers, everyone wins.

Would love to get feedback on my current approach and if anyone has any ideas for people I could reach out to/partner with :)

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK

Most recently, I have been doing freelance PPC work, and now focus on Facebook Ads exclusively. I got started when I was working a marketing internship over the summer and realized, 'If I don't get my own shit working, this is going to be my life.' That was the fire under my a$$ I needed. That was 7 months ago, and it's been going well since then. My 2018 earnings are below:

It has been going well. But as you can see, tt is very inconsistent. November I had a lot of schoolwork and a lot of personal shit I was going through and my client work suffered as a result. Thus, my goal going forward is to build a much more sustainable business. This includes building an email list, having digital products that don't require my time/attention to sell so I can generate income passively. And ideally through the combination of these 2 I will be able to get higher paying, higher quality clients as well. The combination of freelance work and selling digital products is how I plan to reach $10,000/month.

Hi Lucas,

Just found your thread. Congrats on your success so far, at such a young age, you're on the right path!

As I just wrote in another thread, the best way I found to quickstart a service business is via email marketing.

I built and sold few B2B online businesses, from SEO to design and consulting, and I'm happy to take a look at your project if you wish.

Best of luck

Oliver

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!