The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems with falling asleep.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Hey Martin Z,

This works for me every time without fail. The volume is really low, but just loud enough to be able to understand the words and ...boom.. asleep.

Experts say a lot of things. They research, get data then draw conclusions based on that data. Maybe they put it in a nice pie chart, present it in a respectable journal and then get kudos from their fellow staff and peers.

I prefer trying sh#t and seeing if it works. And this sh#t works for me. So experts can say what they want. Try it and see if it works for you.

I understand why it works for me. I can't control my mind. It goes nonstop 24/7 about everything and anything. The episode quietens my mind as it needs to process what the guy is saying. The narrator tells the story in such a way, that its interesting, so my mind stops for that period.. and then.. bang.. lights out.
A lot of people fall asleep easier with the tv on. I heard an interview with a sleep scientist last year where he said he knows that it is not a popular opinion, but if that works for you, use it.

If I can't stop thinking and am finding it hard to sleep, I'll put some random episode of something I've seen before on my laptop, close the screen so it's audio only, and am asleep in 5 to 10 minutes. I think this is quite a bit different to falling asleep with the tv on though, as after 20 mins the episode ends and my laptop will hibernate.

Meditation to try help with insomnia actually frustrates me more. May as well use TV for it's real purpose: to turn you into a mindless zombie lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
A lot of people fall asleep easier with the tv on. I heard an interview with a sleep scientist last year where he said he knows that it is not a popular opinion, but if that works for you, use it.

If I can't stop thinking and am finding it hard to sleep, I'll put some random episode of something I've seen before on my laptop, close the screen so it's audio only, and am asleep in 5 to 10 minutes. I think this is quite a bit different to falling asleep with the tv on though, as after 20 mins the episode ends and my laptop will hibernate.

Meditation to try help with insomnia actually frustrates me more. May as well use TV for it's real purpose: to turn you into a mindless zombie lol.
Yeah man, I guess it just depends on the person. Do what works for you you know.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
A bit too late on this topic, but I understand where you're at.

A few tips for what works for me:
1. I do not react very well with too many sugars or a huge dinner before going to sleep. Especially if it contains processed meat etc (for example if I have a burger I might have trouble sleeping)
2. I put a hard stop on work/study related stuff at a specific time. Then I plan the day ahead and then I just watch any comedy show on Netflix. By the time that I put a hard stop, I need at least 1h to sleep.
3. I usually go to bed at 1am (I know it's late - but it's an improvement from going to bed at 3am...), my gym workout ends max at 8pm

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
A bit too late on this topic, but I understand where you're at.

A few tips for what works for me:
1. I do not react very well with too many sugars or a huge dinner before going to sleep. Especially if it contains processed meat etc (for example if I have a burger I might have trouble sleeping)
2. I put a hard stop on work/study related stuff at a specific time. Then I plan the day ahead and then I just watch any comedy show on Netflix. By the time that I put a hard stop, I need at least 1h to sleep.
3. I usually go to bed at 1am (I know it's late - but it's an improvement from going to bed at 3am...), my gym workout ends max at 8pm
Yeah man, it's the same for me. I usually go to bed at 1am-2am(most of my clients are US clients, which means they're 6-9 hours behind my 1+ GMT). I found out it was because I did too much work before going to bed, which means my brain was still in that zone if you know what I mean. Trying to improve my schedule though!

Too much food is a big thing too. You don't wanna eat too much prior to bed time, especially foods high in sugar, fat and protein as they take a long time to digest inside your body.

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 27, 2021
I have very noisy upstairs neighbors all night long so sleeping with tv and white noise machine on...not ideal...

Anyway, I have kind of re-framed the situation as not thinking of it as 'sleep' but as 'rest', rest my body needs. The oils are a good idea. Volant Lavender is supposed to help sleep. I use eucalyptus for breathing and lemon eucalyptus for alertness in the am.

There's deep relaxation too where you relax each part of the body in turn, to a recording.

c23r

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 24, 2022
Earth
If you have tried everything, food, workout, caffeine, light, etc and you still don't feet tired in the evening, then it could be a genetic thing. I've got the same problem.

I feel just more energized in the evening, than in the mornings. Yes I can nudge it a bit, but at the end I cannot change that.
So I moved my schedule around a bit to the evening, so time is not lost.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Go to bed early and wake up early

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
I used to self optimize every little parameter of my life (not saying sleep is a minor factor). It quickly became an obsession:

How many hours of sleep did I get last night?
How many steps have I walked today?
Is my macros ratio good?
Did I spend more than 20 minutes on social media today?

Recently I realized that all that does not matter if you get ONE thing right, the one thing that is your priority. Now I only focus on this and let every other factor fall into place.

Whenever I can’t sleep, I get out of bed and and do something instead.
If I‘m too tired to work, I stop and get rest.
My macros are off? Get a quick protein shake or just accept it.

Last edited:

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Hey guys, anyone who's ever experienced that feeling? Like you're tired but you can't actually sleep? Laying in the bed for 30-90 minutes and you're awake?

I had a similar experience about two years ago(it was due to overtraining in the gym, when that happens your heart has a irregular heartbeat). Or maybe it's because I'm working too much prior to bed time, so my mind is still in the work zone? Or maybe it's my diet. Perhaps it's a combination of many factors. I really don't know. Maybe I should consult a doctor.

Some say this is insomnia but I'm not sure.

Any of you have some tips to fall asleep fast?
An irregular heartbeat is nothing to take lightly. I had 1 heartbeat out of sync in a stress test and all the medical staff freaked out. Get to a cardiologist I would suggest

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Hey guys, anyone who's ever experienced that feeling? Like you're tired but you can't actually sleep? Laying in the bed for 30-90 minutes and you're awake?

I had a similar experience about two years ago(it was due to overtraining in the gym, when that happens your heart has a irregular heartbeat). Or maybe it's because I'm working too much prior to bed time, so my mind is still in the work zone? Or maybe it's my diet. Perhaps it's a combination of many factors. I really don't know. Maybe I should consult a doctor.

Some say this is insomnia but I'm not sure.

Any of you have some tips to fall asleep fast?
1. Have you ever been tested for adrenal fatigue?

2. I would research Dr. Eric Berg on YouTube about sleep to figure out your root cause

3.If you have the money, I would consult with an ND to help you get the right blood test done

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tLnIDDnPT4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3rGIIFdAVA

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.