The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Experiencing Major Problems With Facebook Advertising: Anyone Else?

Marketing, social media, advertising

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
I'm starting a business that offers advertising solutions for businesses in the agriculture industry. Our website also has a free-to-use search tool where farmers can find services from the businesses who work with me.

I wanted to use social media to attract interest in my business. The most popular social media platforms used by my demographic are, most importantly, Facebook and also Instagram. I wanted to grow organically on Facebook while also running Facebook Ads. Here's where I run into problems.

When creating my campaign through Facebook Ad Manager, my website was marked as violating their community standards. I read their community standards over and over and couldn't find any violations. I knew something was incorrect. I tried finding a way to contact Facebook support, but that wasn't easily. After a few weeks of trying to get support, I was able to contact them. They said they'd review my site and make a final decision about the violation in 3-5 days. Almost a month passes and I finally receive a response... Yay! It was unblocked and all was well. Now I can finally get back to growing my social media and finally getting some decent interest in what I'm offering.

So I make a few posts and begin running a campaign to help increase my page likes. It was going great and I was seeing interest. I already got a message from an interested business and it hasn't even been 24 hours (impressive because I'm on a low budget). Although, I wanted to create a campaign to drive traffic to my site, since the other campaign was primarily getting me page likes. So I start the process and create a new campaign. I create my ad set and starting writing for my ad.

Facebook lets you ad multiple headlines, images, and descriptions for you ads and it will cycle through them. I started writing my ad content under the Ads Manager and for some reason, it seemed like Facebook was instantly posting all this information directly to my page, even partially typed ad copy... So I was then hit with 25+ emails and support notifications saying my posts were blocked for spam. Keep in mind, I haven't even submitted or saved my ad yet! I'm in the process of writing it.

I contacted chat support and was working with them for almost an hour. They couldn't figure out what happened, but it appeared that the decision to mark these posts as spam was reversed. They also said that it didn't make sense, because I was creating an ad, not Facebook posts. We decided that I would return to support if this happened again, since it seemed to resolve itself.

Less than 5 minutes go by after ending the chat, and I receive a notification that my ad account was suspended. I have to go into Facebook chat support again and they are unable to give me any details on what's going on. Instead, I am put in the same email support system which took over a month to get back to me.

I can't understand if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm experiencing technical glitches, or what the hell is going on. Has anyone else experienced these issues or other issues with Facebook advertising? What can I do looking forward?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This might help, otherwise you’re gonna hafta have somebody walk you through everything you did step by step.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
This might help, otherwise you’re gonna hafta have somebody walk you through everything you did step by step.

There's useful information there, but nothing too related to the problems I'm experiencing, unless I missed something. I've been reading a lot about Facebook Ads and watching videos to help me set it up. I also have some experience advertising on other websites like Pinterest and Google. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on Facebook...

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There's useful information there, but nothing too related to the problems I'm experiencing, unless I missed something. I've been reading a lot about Facebook Ads and watching videos to help me set it up. I also have some experience advertising on other websites like Pinterest and Google. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on Facebook...

Ok I wish it had helped. When the leak starts ruining the ceiling it’s time to call in an expert... good luck!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Did you create a business manager? Or did you just run the ads from your personal account?

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Here's a quick update:

My Ad Account was reactivate for about an hour then was just deactivated again. I haven't made any changes during this time.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So it seems you found a bug.

Maybe don't communicate with Sales Team but with Security Team if such exists.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Ah okay i was going to say running on the personal account is why most people instantly get blocked.

Are you able to create another ad account in your business manager?
I've tried creating another ad account but it won't let me since my account is in bad standing.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Welcome to Facebook support hell. Please check your soul in at the front desk.

Sorry I got nothing for ya other than wishing you goodluck.

Facebook is great for advertising...until it isn't. I think they mess with their algorithm way too much. I've seen it happen so many times where ads just stop producing results for many many people for a day or several even, and then just start working again. Really weird.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Welcome to Facebook support hell. Please check your soul in at the front desk.

Sorry I got nothing for ya other than wishing you goodluck.

Facebook is great for advertising...until it isn't. I think they mess with their algorithm way too much. I've seen it happen so many times where ads just stop producing results for many many people for a day or several even, and then just start working again. Really weird.
That's too bad. I'm worried because I'm struggling to come up with another way to grow my business without these social medias. I think it's hard to reach my demographic, but Facebook is the perfect place. It's also tough because my budget is low. I'm a college student.

G

Guest12120

That's too bad. I'm worried because I'm struggling to come up with another way to grow my business without these social medias. I think it's hard to reach my demographic, but Facebook is the perfect place. It's also tough because my budget is low. I'm a college student.
Get a new BM and create new ad account(s) and start running ads again. If you wait for FB to get their shit together and fix everything, you might wait forever.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Get a new BM and create new ad account(s) and start running ads again. If you wait for FB to get their shit together and fix everything, you might wait forever.

Would it be a good idea to just stick to the "Ads Center" for now since that works? I don't need anything too advanced at the moment. Then I'll do that if I decide I need it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
My ad accounts keep getting shut down for violating their terms...
had enough of trying to get the account back - sometimes they do, other times they do... just depends on the person that deals with your ticket.

I decided to delete my account.... and I created a new fb account and now I'm warming it up for a day or two before running ads again. Fingers crossed.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
My ad accounts keep getting shut down for violating their terms...
had enough of trying to get the account back - sometimes they do, other times they do... just depends on the person that deals with your ticket.

I decided to delete my account.... and I created a new fb account and now I'm warming it up for a day or two before running ads again. Fingers crossed.
Good luck and let me know how that goes. I guess mines been "warming up" since July because I had issues with them from the beginning and couldn't run ads.

G

Guest12120

Would it be a good idea to just stick to the "Ads Center" for now since that works? I don't need anything too advanced at the moment.
It's not too advanced. If you want to get back to running ads that's the best way to do it. Don't waste your time.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
It's not too advanced. If you want to get back to running ads that's the best way to do it. Don't waste your time.
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I think you've greatly relieved my stress

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

If you go into your customer's shoes, you will find more places that their attention flows. Advertise in those places too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.