Hey guys, I already asked this in biophase's thread but I know he is a busy guy and I do not want to waste time so I am asking everyone and I hope that someone can help me:
So I have a product I want to sell on amazon and there are some competitors who sell different types of this product already. On alibaba I can exactly see which seller buys which item, they do not change it at all. So I want to make some improvements and put my personal label on it but I want to buy from a supplier who already sells to my potential competitors. Isn't it risky to ask him if he can make those improvements? He could just decline and tell my competitors what I want? There are probably some other suppliers but the quality of their product is probably not so good which means that I have to change even more parts of the product (which makes it more expensive I guess). What should I do?
Second question: I heard that you should not put your label on the product by your supplier because he could just start competing with you when he takes a look at how much sales you make (at amazon for instance). Is this true?
Thanks!
So I have a product I want to sell on amazon and there are some competitors who sell different types of this product already. On alibaba I can exactly see which seller buys which item, they do not change it at all. So I want to make some improvements and put my personal label on it but I want to buy from a supplier who already sells to my potential competitors. Isn't it risky to ask him if he can make those improvements? He could just decline and tell my competitors what I want? There are probably some other suppliers but the quality of their product is probably not so good which means that I have to change even more parts of the product (which makes it more expensive I guess). What should I do?
Second question: I heard that you should not put your label on the product by your supplier because he could just start competing with you when he takes a look at how much sales you make (at amazon for instance). Is this true?
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
