Hello.
I found a product, got a test sample, talked to manufacturer from overseas about pricing and leadtime to manufacture. I know its in demand, but i am not sure how much and how much people willing to pay for it. So i want to test pre-order before i buy more of it. Here is the scoop.
The product info:
1) cost to manufacture 150$ to $200 depends on the quantity.
2) Leadtime is about 2 months+shipping time(maybe few days)
3) Selling price needs to be tested but probably $400 to $500.
The problem:
I want to do a few weeks marketing/pre-order test, by creating a simple brand website. That would have picture, video, description, price of the product. With the button to pre-order. I was thinking to use volusion Shopping Cart Software, to create a simple site. I would market the site for two weeks with email marketing, Youtube video, Facebook, and maybe twitter and little adwords.
My goal is to generate interested customers/orders who would pre-order and wait 2 months+ ( will try to work it out for less) so that i can then order from manufacturer, until i get some cash flow and tested price and order more and probably stock it.
Questions:
1)_Has anyone done something similar ? Please advice if am missing something ?
2)_How do i go about building good pre-order process to keep customers informed and happy?
3)_Is there a way to pre-charge a credit debit card, that i will hold money but will not charge them until we actually ship them? With what system (Google Checkout, PayPal, 2checkout ,etc ??)
4)_ Any better shopping carts or modules for creating a site?
5) Has anyone used viral marketing companies or techniques when rolling our a product? if so can you recommend a company or strategy ?
6)_Or maybe someone used news release distirbution services? if so can you tell me the results and maybe few good providers?
I know its a lot. I would appreciate any tips and help. Thank you very much in advance.
I found a product, got a test sample, talked to manufacturer from overseas about pricing and leadtime to manufacture. I know its in demand, but i am not sure how much and how much people willing to pay for it. So i want to test pre-order before i buy more of it. Here is the scoop.
The product info:
1) cost to manufacture 150$ to $200 depends on the quantity.
2) Leadtime is about 2 months+shipping time(maybe few days)
3) Selling price needs to be tested but probably $400 to $500.
The problem:
I want to do a few weeks marketing/pre-order test, by creating a simple brand website. That would have picture, video, description, price of the product. With the button to pre-order. I was thinking to use volusion Shopping Cart Software, to create a simple site. I would market the site for two weeks with email marketing, Youtube video, Facebook, and maybe twitter and little adwords.
My goal is to generate interested customers/orders who would pre-order and wait 2 months+ ( will try to work it out for less) so that i can then order from manufacturer, until i get some cash flow and tested price and order more and probably stock it.
Questions:
1)_Has anyone done something similar ? Please advice if am missing something ?
2)_How do i go about building good pre-order process to keep customers informed and happy?
3)_Is there a way to pre-charge a credit debit card, that i will hold money but will not charge them until we actually ship them? With what system (Google Checkout, PayPal, 2checkout ,etc ??)
4)_ Any better shopping carts or modules for creating a site?
5) Has anyone used viral marketing companies or techniques when rolling our a product? if so can you recommend a company or strategy ?
6)_Or maybe someone used news release distirbution services? if so can you tell me the results and maybe few good providers?
I know its a lot. I would appreciate any tips and help. Thank you very much in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
