The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Praise in public. Criticise in private.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hum no, what I meant is if the job is particularly well done, I'll tell him directly that HE did a great job (praise specifically), but if he made a mistake, rather than telling him directly that HE made a mistake, I'll try to tell him more indirectly what wasn't right, in this example stating that maybe I hadn't been clear enough about how things should be done and here is what he should be careful about next time (criticize generally)...

That's how I understood the quote anyways, maybe it only makes sense in my head :happy:
Ah, I got you now.

Praise the person specifically, criticise work generally without singling the person out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Anyone have any other favourite leadership, management, or parenting quotes or tips?
"There are no bad teams, only bad leaders." - Jocko Willink

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Anyone have any other favourite leadership, management, or parenting quotes or tips?
“I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again” - Dale Carnegie

I remind myself all the time that the bar is low, all I have to do is offer a free compliment or a smile whenever I can.

The person receiving my free gifts may have a brighter day.

If it’s someone that has low self esteem, that smile or compliment may be what they need to move toward a better direction

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
“Praise in public. Criticise in private.”

One of my favourite lines, picked up from some management or leadership book.

It goes hand-in-hand with another favourite of mine:

“Catch them when they’re good.”

(That’s a very good one for parents too.)

Not really leadership specific but two quotes that deeply resonate with me:

- "Never fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feyman

- "Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life." Jerzey Gregorek

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.