The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Haelios

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 9, 2019
Virginia
I was sifting through the news when I saw this article that just made my blood boil.

The TL;DR of this, is that this small wedding videographer company, Copper Stallion Media, is refusing to offer a refund of $1800 to the bridegroom after his spouse sadly passed away. Bear in mind, no services were performed and the spouse passed away a month before the actual wedding.. It's one thing to stick to policy but it's another thing to go out of your way to kick a man when he's down.

Seriously, who in their right mind thinks it's wise to say shit like "After what Justin pulled with the media stunt to try and shake us down for a refund, we hope you sob and cry all day for what would have been your wedding day." Honestly, WTF?

Obviously, you folks are smarter than this guy, but he's just casting a bad image on actual entrepreneurs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This was a big mistake. Just be kind, remind the customer it’s a non refundable deposit, then partially refund a small part of it as a kind gesture, then politely move on. Getting emotional, combative, and “fighting back” is not the right move.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Def. not all all is good press.

This is going to KILL his business - who would do business with a dick-head like him?

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Def. not all all is good press.

This is going to KILL his business - who would do business with a dick-head like him?
What the F*ck. This guy is absolutely awful. Apparently, it’s not the first time he has run a shitty business either.

This article details how his ex-wife had to get a restraining order, he smashed the headlights of his mom’s car because he was mad about a news article, and he pushed a TV cameraman down to the ground. All this happened in 2013, and now here he is in 2020 harassing the fiancé of a dead woman. Where is Anonymous/4chan when you need them? Lol.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I was sifting through the news when I saw this article that just made my blood boil.

The TL;DR of this, is that this small wedding videographer company, Copper Stallion Media, is refusing to offer a refund of $1800 to the bridegroom after his spouse sadly passed away. Bear in mind, no services were performed and the spouse passed away a month before the actual wedding.. It's one thing to stick to policy but it's another thing to go out of your way to kick a man when he's down.

Seriously, who in their right mind thinks it's wise to say shit like "After what Justin pulled with the media stunt to try and shake us down for a refund, we hope you sob and cry all day for what would have been your wedding day." Honestly, WTF?

Obviously, you folks are smarter than this guy, but he's just casting a bad image on actual entrepreneurs.
Mean and egoistic character.

I blame it on bad parental upbringing.

You cannot build a network by being nasty.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Even if you are totally amoral and think only in terms of profits and losses, you should be able to see that the public will side with the dude whose fiance died eleven times out of ten.

Copper Stallion Media said it was using Montney's deposit to pay for the website it took out using his name

This is sociopathic behavior

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
This is what happens when you mix ego and business.

But let's make it useful by making an important observation:

If you are outraged about this, you're making the same mistake.

Don't get emotionally involved in other people's business.

Because if you do that, you won't be able to think clearly when it's your business.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Seth Godin would probably say give it all back, and then offer a free shoot to that guy if some time in the future he gets married to someone else.

THAT's how you win clients. Give the man a refund and treat it as a loss leader to show some generosity, which will pay dividends in the future.

When you do something remarkable, word gets out. Over time, you become remarkable.

Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
What a scamming sack of shit who needs a nice ten year stint in prison.
He's not going to jail. Maybe he will get arrested for something else at some point, especially considering he has physically assaulted other people and damaged property in the past, but he can't get charged for not giving a refund, no matter how shitty the reason.

However, he is playing with fire. Look how he has pissed us off and we are a forum of business owners. We're not vigilantes, but I'd bet this article is being shared in hacker spaces too. Some might side with the guy, but as he garners more attention and pisses off more people, there will be enough people in vigilante mode with the right skills and one of them will find his vulnerabilities. His antics will get him burned eventually.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
He's not going to jail. Maybe he will get arrested for something else at some point, especially considering he has physically assaulted other people and damaged property in the past, but he can't get charged for not giving a refund, no matter how shitty the reason.

However, he is playing with fire. Look how he has pissed us off and we are a forum of business owners. We're not vigilantes, but I'd bet this article is being shared in hacker spaces too. Some might side with the guy, but as he garners more attention and pisses off more people, there will be enough people in vigilante mode with the right skills and one of them will find his vulnerabilities. His antics will get him burned eventually.

Well for scamming over 90 people in that other article he should of caught time. Clearly a menace to society.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I read the comment. Then I read the fine print. :rofl:

Most on this forum aren't vigilantes, but we do have at least the one...

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
He ripped off 90 couples previously? Wow, do people not research/read reviews before paying that much? It seems so I suppose.

I actually heard this story from a bank teller in Australia today when I was opening a new business bank account and mentioned I previously did marketing for the destination wedding industry. So the story must be doing the rounds. Would love to say "that guy is boned" but seems like people will not do thorough research so he will continue with ripping people off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.