The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PPE Video Ad missing options

Marketing, social media, advertising

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
17991876_1850903408504031_6757718067722621168_n.jpg
Hi all!

I want to run a PPE video ad on facebook. I remember that I used to have the options ''link headline'', ''Display link'' and ''Description'' for video ads on PPE. Now when I try to create the ad in Power Editor or Page Post (dark post), these options are not available.

They are only available for other ad objectives or when choosing ''link'' tab instead of ''video'' tab in Page Post editor (but then I can't use video).

See the picture attached.

Has this changed and is there a way around it that I don't know of?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I noticed it too.

You used to could make video ads with link but now you can only use an image. Wtf?

I don't know why Facebook removed that option but it's really some bullshit.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I noticed it too.

You used to could make video ads with link but now you can only use an image. Wtf?

I don't know why Facebook removed that option but it's really some bullshit.
Yeah right! PPE is good for building social proof for example... seems like nobody understands Facebook Ads thinking :p

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Use power editor.

Create the ad using "Conversions" as objective.

Get the post live. Copy the URL of the live post. In the URL (towards the end) you'll see the POST ID (a bunch of numbers).

Copy that POST ID number.

Now in power editor, create a new campaign this time with "PPE" as the objective.

And set the targeting etc.

And when you are creating the ad, then you'll notice the option to enter the POST ID somewhere. Post it... and you can now run the other ad you originally created as your PPE (with title / call to action button etc.).

2017-05-13_1034.png

2017-05-13_1038.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.