The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Potential product feedback

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Need a little help please.

I have two small kids, illness is a big concern especially with one in preschool. We use Lysol spray all the time to disinfect door handles, bathrooms etc at home.

I was thinking one day, why is there no disenfect fogger to clean/disenfect a whole room like there are bug foggers? Use them after learning a kid in a classroom is sick to clean the room. Turns out the product exists, but only from a couple of companies. Around $5.00/can.

Does this seem like something that schools around the country would be interested in? Is the price just too high? Am I just crazy?

Any feedback would be appreciated so I can either pursue through some contacts or erase it from my brain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
My initial reaction is that it sounds like a products liability suit waiting to happen. I doubt fogging a room would kill viruses on surfaces, but I could be wrong. That is simply a matter of research. I do think schools might not want to touch it for fear of hurting kids with asthma or allergies.

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
There are chemicals that can almost completely sterilize a whole room after you vaporize them. However they are toxic and require a lot of airing before the room is habitable again.
Keep in mind that disinfection has various levels and it's a matter of relativity. You may be able to design a product that kills all the bacteria and some viruses without being (too) toxic to humans. But to kill every microbe in a room IN AN AFFORDABLE WAY without short- or long-term consequences sounds incredibly unlikely to me.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Thanks for the feedback thus far. Think of it like Lysol but in fogger form, I believe it is laboratory tested to kill 99.99% of virus and safe even on food contact surfaces after 15 minutes.

I guess the bigger question is, is there a reason Lysol doesn’t have a fogger form vs. aim and spray? Affordability is likely the largest hurdle here as mentioned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Need a little help please.

I have two small kids, illness is a big concern especially with one in preschool. We use Lysol spray all the time to disinfect door handles, bathrooms etc at home.

I was thinking one day, why is there no disenfect fogger to clean/disenfect a whole room like there are bug foggers? Use them after learning a kid in a classroom is sick to clean the room. Turns out the product exists, but only from a couple of companies. Around $5.00/can.

Does this seem like something that schools around the country would be interested in? Is the price just too high? Am I just crazy?

Any feedback would be appreciated so I can either pursue through some contacts or erase it from my brain.

Doesn't sound like a real problem people have, but why not make a sales page and run ads against it to see?

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY

Actually there are companies doing it. Inital, for example calls it "Clean Air Sanitiser" and they offer this service to companies (I believe schools as well, if they are willing to pay). They charge customers a monthly rental, which includes maintaining the units and changing the refills. They're not cheap though, so most of the times companies opt for their air fresheners instead.

Untitled.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.