The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post Your Stock Picks: Massive Growth, Dividend, or Other!

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This forum has been around for 10 years and I can't believe I never started a "stock" thread.

Guess now is as good as a time as ever.

For those of you who dabble in the stock market for medium to long-term holds, what stock has piqued your interest?

What stock do you foresee will be the next NVIDIA? The next Apple? What company do you want to own and be a part of?

Or, what dividend/income stocks are you owning for regular income?

I'll start...

I have several brokerage accounts and most of them are set up for options for income, but I do employ the Paycheck Pot strategy as outlined in Unscripted .

Here are some of the stocks I own (have owned, or will own) -- keep in mind I do cycle in and out of many of these because of the rules outlined in Unscripted .

I've set up my TDAmeritrade account to send me a monthly dividend check. Typically they just deposit the dividends in the account but I expressly requested to be sent a check, kinda like a paycheck. I love that every month I get a physical check. I know, old school.

Additionally, I write a lot of covered calls on these positions, if available. (Many dividend/MLP stocks do NOT have options.)

Here's what I hold, have held, or will hold....

AMTD - Ameritrade (Paycheck Pot)
MZA - Tax Free Arizona Municipal (Paycheck Pot, Tax Free Income)
SO - Southern Company (Paycheck Pot)
F - Ford Motor Co (Paycheck Pot)
FAX - Asian Debt (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: been out of this one for YEARS but I believe it has bottomed]
PMT - Penny Mac Mortgage (Paycheck Pot)
CGBD - TCG Biz Dev (Paycheck Pot)
HEP - Holly Energy (Paycheck Pot)
STAG - Stag Industrial (Paycheck Pot)
LTC - LTC Properties (Paycheck Pot)
OIH - Omega Healthcare (Paycheck Pot)
EPD - Enterprise Prod. Part (Paycheck Pot)
VTR - Ventas (Paycheck Pot)
CVX - Chevron (Paycheck Pot)
VZ - Verizon (Paycheck Pot)
MPLX - (Paycheck Pot)
AGD - Global Dividend (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: Typically a bad investment, looking to see a NAV appreciation gain, steep discount)

On the Closed End Funds, I tend to make buy/sell decisions based on NAV/Price fluctuations, looking at premium/discount averages, highs, and lows.

Due to the tenuous market, I'm short a lot of calls on this stuff, including long market puts to insure a downside. And yet, the paycheck keeps coming.

As for speculative stuff...

Just ...

ACB - Aurora Cannabis, Speculative (FU Pot)
MJ - Short a ton of puts, pot ETF
EEM - Emerging Markets (looking at a short term swing, assuming no recession)

Overall, I'm not heavy into the market currently because of my late summer prediction of a coming recession. That still looks to be highly probable.

Any stock you want to mention? Post away!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I’m currently long in:
Blackrock Dividend Fund
Blackrock US Largecap
Pyramis Small/Mid Cap
Templeton Intl Equity
EPR - EPR Properties
VLO - Valero
AAPL - Apple

Soecualtive buys that I bought and exited in the last two years:
NFLX (profit but exited too early...sigh)
SoftBank (break even)
IQ (Exited at the perfect time)
Stitch Fix (Loser, got greedy)

Looking forward it will be defensive stocks. Healthcare, Energy. EM is an interesting sector given the beat down its had this year.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't have a lot of money, however, I have one golden goose stock:

RMTI - Rockwell Medical Inc. (Very Cheap atm... me personally, I don't plan on investing until the economy looks better)

As with any stock, timing is key. First stock every bought, sold in 1 weeks time, profited 30%.

Good friends grandfather suggested the stock to me. He has gone on 3 vacations due to this stock.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I'm not investing in the stock market at the moment, but my long term pick is definitely NVDA. It's been on a 44% drop in the last months, because of a monumental GPU lineup fail and the fact they're not delivered on RayTracing at all.

Look at their past though - 100% growth minimum per year (2015 - first half 2018 = 1200%).
Look at their future: AI, Machine Learning. They're world leaders.

It's time to invest, now, or in a couple weeks maybe (I think the drop's not done, will stabilize before next quarterly report).

Buy AMD and hold for a year. You're welcome.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
I'm of course building up what you call your "paycheck pot".

Some of the stocks/mutual funds are:
DIS
KO
MCD
MMM
MMP
MO
NGG
NOBL
PG
VOD
VZ
XOM
NYF

I too have a huge cash position since I just sold my business.

I've been tiptoeing into the market when we'ved had some dips and some I've owned already for years and may have recently increased my position.

I too am concerned about another recession.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Whether they pay a dividend or not, I like companies that mint money. Most importantly though they have to sell for a multiple well below the S&P.

ARCH
ARLP
BAK
FF
GNE
NHTC
NRP
REGI
RFP
SNE
VRS

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
NVIDIA
AMD
(got in at a very good time with these. Even though they've taken HUGE hits, im still up BIG TIME)
ELIO (Elio Motors)
CNTTF (CannTrust Holding)

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
I'm not investing in the stock market at the moment, but my long term pick is definitely NVDA. It's been on a 44% drop in the last months, because of a monumental GPU lineup fail and the fact they're not delivered on RayTracing at all.

Look at their past though - 100% growth minimum per year (2015 - first half 2018 = 1200%).
Look at their future: AI, Machine Learning. They're world leaders.

It's time to invest, now, or in a couple weeks maybe (I think the drop's not done, will stabilize before next quarterly report).

Buy AMD and hold for a year. You're welcome.
My man!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
If I had money at the mo, I'd put it into GW Pharma (Cannabis), probably gonna get bought out in the not too distant.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm of course building up what you call your "paycheck pot".

Not sure if this is important to you, but having a check sent to you every month really brings the concept to life. It didn't really hit me how potent (and fun) it is until I started doing that. Having the cash vs a number on a screen are two different things. And it really makes me a better manager of the pot.

On sale again!

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
Not sure if this is important to you, but having a check sent to you every month really brings the concept to life. It didn't really hit me how potent (and fun) it is until I started doing that. Having the cash vs a number on a screen are two different things. And it really makes me a better manager of the pot.

Yea it's not a bad idea, but also I'm right now of the mind of NOT spending it. Including the interest.

We could in theory just live off of my wife's salary. But wanting to do a bunch of other things to ramp up my new business ideas. I. Can't. Make. It. Stop.

But either way, wanting to ramp up so it generates an income and still toying around with maximizing the income from my portfolio. Also looking at investment properties as well. Also trying to find time to pursue options and just not having enough time to do it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Allow me to vent...

I made a long call bet on NFLX for my INSIDERS thread...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-buy-a-90k-truck-for-half-or-more.86339/

While I sold for a tiny profit, I left thousands on the table: two days later they raised prices and the stock rocketed.

My MJ stocks are doing well!

If it makes you feel any better I bought NFLX back at 88 and sold at 125 :arghh:

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Allow me to vent...

I made a long call bet on NFLX for my INSIDERS thread...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-buy-a-90k-truck-for-half-or-more.86339/

While I sold for a tiny profit, I left thousands on the table: two days later they raised prices and the stock rocketed.

My MJ stocks are doing well!

For MJ stocks, I am long $ACB, $PYX, $TCNNF. Bought that last dip a few weeks ago. Definitely like Organi and Hexo...

That $APHA short release was wicked lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For MJ stocks, I am long $ACB,

Plummeting in the after-hours due to a convertible note offering. Be prepared for pain tomorrow, a buying opportunity if one is looking for more.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
Plummeting in the after-hours due to a convertible note offering. Be prepared for pain tomorrow, a buying opportunity if one is looking for more.

I seen that, 250M in convertible debt...down to 6.70s...Fortunately, I sold some today at 7.18...Cost avg 5.50s. I didn’t like that nosedive yesterday at 7.49 - a lot of emotion trading there. I still hold a sizable position but the dilution is killing me.

Will definitely be adding back on...I feel like it needs some sideways action.

Attachments

• ED8B089D-90DC-4DC2-A853-9DA3B1468C85.jpeg
    ED8B089D-90DC-4DC2-A853-9DA3B1468C85.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
In my opinion, a clever move would be to buy straddles and strangles. These futures are the best to buy when there is a lot of uncertainty and chaos. There are many good resources on the internet that could teach you how to trade these futures.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Trst, acb and hexo.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Last edited:

AlasdairM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 20, 2012
BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY
CORNING INCORPORATED
GLOBAL X LITHIUM ETF
NOKIA CORPORATION
PFIZER INC. COMMON
PUREFUNDS ISE CYBER
TESLA MOTORS INC.
TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERI
VANECK VECTORS BRAZIL
XILINX INC. - COMMON

Notes:
- I don't have huge positions in any of these (max $3K in any one position).
- I don't really know what I'm doing - I subscribe to a couple of investment newsletters and go with what sounds like a decent investment hypothesis. So far, very good, but probably nothing more than dumb luck.
- I partially cash out when a stock goes on what appears to me to be an unwarranted tear. Case in point, Xilinx rose 20% overnight on a good earnings report,, so I sold a chunk of my position. I basically want to cover any downside risk as much as possible. I still have a number of stocks and it continues to rocket upwards.
- Travelcenters pays an 8.25% dividend but turns out to be a junk bond. Didn't know that before buying. Haha. I've had two payouts so far, but who knows, the company could go tits up anytime.
- I've got way too many positions (some of them highly diversified in their own right, such as Global X) and intend to cull some in the coming year.

Last edited:

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
For MJ stocks, I am long $ACB, $PYX, $TCNNF. Bought that last dip a few weeks ago. Definitely like Organi and Hexo...

That $APHA short release was wicked lol

What a move on PYX today. It looks like it could be squeezing a little bit or setting up for a big move. No news today, up 26%? Lol IL take it!

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Should slow laners build up paycheck pot before they dive into fast lane?

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Long term stocks I have
WBA
WPC
A few different REITs

Short term I have
MO
KHC
I’m currently writing synthetic covered calls (also know as poor man’s covered calls or diagonals) on both of those.

Over the next couple of weeks I’m looking to get into
CAG
HAL
Both of these will be selling covered calls against the leaps as well.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Should slow laners build up paycheck pot before they dive into fast lane?

IMO, your business is the best return on your money for compounding wealth. The Paycheck Pot is when you want to slow down in life and pursue passions that might not have economic viability.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
IMO, your business is the best return on your money for compounding wealth.

You know @MJ DeMarco it was very odd on my investment website Investor Junkie. The readers were mostly salaried individuals.

I surveyed them about the topics they wanted to hear. I initially wanted to cover entrepreneurship for the very reason you mention - control. It is the best way to generate wealth.

My survey showed on no terms did my readers what to discuss entrepreneurship. So I removed any discussion of that topic. Which is probably why on my new sites I am focusing on entreprenuers.

Last edited:

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
What does everyone think about Tesla (TSLA)? The next Apple? Is it doomed? I've held out from buying in thus far. A lot of "gearhead" friends of mine don't like the idea of self-driving cars and some investing buddies think the whole electric car market is in its absolute infancy. But some Tesla owners absolutely love them. Anyone have any thoughts on Tesla?

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
Are we still expecting a recession some time soon?

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 12, 2017
California
This forum has been around for 10 years and I can't believe I never started a "stock" thread.

Guess now is as good as a time as ever.

For those of you who dabble in the stock market for medium to long-term holds, what stock has piqued your interest?

What stock do you foresee will be the next NVIDIA? The next Apple? What company do you want to own and be a part of?

Or, what dividend/income stocks are you owning for regular income?

I'll start...

I have several brokerage accounts and most of them are set up for options for income, but I do employ the Paycheck Pot strategy as outlined in Unscripted .

Here are some of the stocks I own (have owned, or will own) -- keep in mind I do cycle in and out of many of these because of the rules outlined in Unscripted .

I've set up my TDAmeritrade account to send me a monthly dividend check. Typically they just deposit the dividends in the account but I expressly requested to be sent a check, kinda like a paycheck. I love that every month I get a physical check. I know, old school.

Additionally, I write a lot of covered calls on these positions, if available. (Many dividend/MLP stocks do NOT have options.)

Here's what I hold, have held, or will hold....

AMTD - Ameritrade (Paycheck Pot)
MZA - Tax Free Arizona Municipal (Paycheck Pot, Tax Free Income)
SO - Southern Company (Paycheck Pot)
F - Ford Motor Co (Paycheck Pot)
FAX - Asian Debt (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: been out of this one for YEARS but I believe it has bottomed]
PMT - Penny Mac Mortgage (Paycheck Pot)
CGBD - TCG Biz Dev (Paycheck Pot)
HEP - Holly Energy (Paycheck Pot)
STAG - Stag Industrial (Paycheck Pot)
LTC - LTC Properties (Paycheck Pot)
OIH - Omega Healthcare (Paycheck Pot)
EPD - Enterprise Prod. Part (Paycheck Pot)
VTR - Ventas (Paycheck Pot)
CVX - Chevron (Paycheck Pot)
VZ - Verizon (Paycheck Pot)
MPLX - (Paycheck Pot)
AGD - Global Dividend (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: Typically a bad investment, looking to see a NAV appreciation gain, steep discount)

On the Closed End Funds, I tend to make buy/sell decisions based on NAV/Price fluctuations, looking at premium/discount averages, highs, and lows.

Due to the tenuous market, I'm short a lot of calls on this stuff, including long market puts to insure a downside. And yet, the paycheck keeps coming.

As for speculative stuff...

Just ...

ACB - Aurora Cannabis, Speculative (FU Pot)
MJ - Short a ton of puts, pot ETF
EEM - Emerging Markets (looking at a short term swing, assuming no recession)

Overall, I'm not heavy into the market currently because of my late summer prediction of a coming recession. That still looks to be highly probable.

Any stock you want to mention? Post away!
I have 118 of Costco (COST) shares. I normally reinvest the dividends Although its not that much at all. Although the stock has been doing well, I don't trust the future of the company. However, I'll continue to hold and hope it'll keep going up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.