The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Post Your Stock/Option Picks, What are You Trading?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Some folks have asked that we create a stock/option trading thread, a thread where you can post any stock or equity trade that you think is a winner.

In the RANDOM CHAT thread, several mentioned Alibaba as a potential trade with high upside.

I'll start...

5 months ago I bought 100 contracts on the VNQ as an inflation hedge. Those options have already increased by 120%.

After I bought my house (also an inflation hedge) I started to sell out of the position. I still have 35 contracts left.

The VNQ chart...

1630698651368.png

At the moment, due to my move to a new state, I haven't been trading a lot, or trading options (my bread/butter) but I hope to get back into it once I get settled AND the market shakes out a bit.

ljean

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Sporting goods have been kicking a$$ for me. DKS, BGFV, HIBB, VSTO

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Sporting goods have been kicking a$$ for me

I did pretty well with ASO. Bought the stock and some calls. The calls *looked* expensive but they were cheap.

I have scaled back my trading as I think this market is due for a correction. I just don’t see a whole lot of upside. I’m keeping an eye on Banks and growth stocks.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I have scaled back my trading as I think this market is due for a correction. I just don’t see a whole lot of upside. I’m keeping an eye on Banks and growth stocks.

Truth is, I've been saying this for 4 years. But the inflationary undercurrent is a tough tide to reverse.

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Truth is, I've been saying this for 4 years

We have been saying this on this forum for 7 years. Nah, it can’t go any higher no way.

:rofl:

But the inflationary undercurrent is a tough tide to reverse.

True that. There’s just no where to put your money. But I think a correction will be needed to go higher. It will be an opportunity to buy as it’s easier to time a bottom than to time a top. If the correlations between growth stocks and interest rates start acting funny we will see a VIX spike. IMO

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Galt’s Gulch
Sporting goods have been kicking a$$ for me. DKS, BGFV, HIBB, VSTO
BGFV has been killing it for me.

I doubled my money on it in a few months awhile back.

Premiums are juicy.

Zaratustra

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2019
Tbilisi, Georgia
Coca cola brand is so well established, that even foreign minister of china is using it as an allegory during press conferences.

Masses making terrible dietary decisions, is a safe bet. I would never buy a stock of a company selling kale juice.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
How's TSM looking for you guys considering the chip shortage, rapid developments in AI and its competition with Intel? I love dividend stocks and it looks like a possible nice long-term dividend growth pick.

ljean

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2017
USA
How's TSM looking for you guys considering the chip shortage, rapid developments in AI and its competition with Intel? I love dividend stocks and it looks like a possible nice long-term dividend growth pick.
Seems like a lot of geopolitical risk ATM.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Seems like a lot of geopolitical risk ATM.

True, though I find it hard to imagine Taiwan ever surrendering to China. They may compete with them but Taiwan still seems like a safer bet for the Western companies. Unless China tells the Western world to stop buying stuff from Taiwan lol.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
Here is my options trade tracker - a spreadsheet. There you can see all my currently open trades, tickers I trade, strategies, premiums, and results. And I also post my weekly results in a thread here in this forum with a link to my blog where I post details. If interested, please, visit the blog, and the spreadsheet, and let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help and explain what I do. The results are... well, great. Up over 300% for the year so far. I have been trading for 15 years (options) and it was a painful learning curve to trade successfully.

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Bears might actually have a chance here with this market if previous support levels can’t hold. Big open interest on those Oct 20 VIX 50 calls.

We touched all time highs and the spot VIX was unable to make an all time low. Despite already making a low of 14. Shouldn’t we be at 12? Also why haven’t smart money removed their expensive portfolio insurance?

Would be a good time to pickup some quality stocks if we see a correction here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Cool - glad to have you. And yes it should help a lot. When you are in the new group just post...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom