• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Post Your Stock Picks: Massive Growth, Dividend, or Other!

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,529
    Admin Post
    This forum has been around for 10 years and I can't believe I never started a "stock" thread.

Guess now is as good as a time as ever.

For those of you who dabble in the stock market for medium to long-term holds, what stock has piqued your interest?

What stock do you foresee will be the next NVIDIA? The next Apple? What company do you want to own and be a part of?

Or, what dividend/income stocks are you owning for regular income?

I'll start...

I have several brokerage accounts and most of them are set up for options for income, but I do employ the Paycheck Pot strategy as outlined in Unscripted.

Here are some of the stocks I own (have owned, or will own) -- keep in mind I do cycle in and out of many of these because of the rules outlined in Unscripted.

I've set up my TDAmeritrade account to send me a monthly dividend check. Typically they just deposit the dividends in the account but I expressly requested to be sent a check, kinda like a paycheck. I love that every month I get a physical check. I know, old school.

Additionally, I write a lot of covered calls on these positions, if available. (Many dividend/MLP stocks do NOT have options.)

Here's what I hold, have held, or will hold....

AMTD - Ameritrade (Paycheck Pot)
    MZA - Tax Free Arizona Municipal (Paycheck Pot, Tax Free Income)
    SO - Southern Company (Paycheck Pot)
    F - Ford Motor Co (Paycheck Pot)
    FAX - Asian Debt (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: been out of this one for YEARS but I believe it has bottomed]
    PMT - Penny Mac Mortgage (Paycheck Pot)
    CGBD - TCG Biz Dev (Paycheck Pot)
    HEP - Holly Energy (Paycheck Pot)
    STAG - Stag Industrial (Paycheck Pot)
    LTC - LTC Properties (Paycheck Pot)
    OIH - Omega Healthcare (Paycheck Pot)
    EPD - Enterprise Prod. Part (Paycheck Pot)
    VTR - Ventas (Paycheck Pot)
    CVX - Chevron (Paycheck Pot)
    VZ - Verizon (Paycheck Pot)
    MPLX - (Paycheck Pot)
    AGD - Global Dividend (Paycheck Pot) [Sidenote: Typically a bad investment, looking to see a NAV appreciation gain, steep discount)

On the Closed End Funds, I tend to make buy/sell decisions based on NAV/Price fluctuations, looking at premium/discount averages, highs, and lows.

Due to the tenuous market, I'm short a lot of calls on this stuff, including long market puts to insure a downside. And yet, the paycheck keeps coming.

As for speculative stuff...

Just ...

ACB - Aurora Cannabis, Speculative (FU Pot)
    MJ - Short a ton of puts, pot ETF
    EEM - Emerging Markets (looking at a short term swing, assuming no recession)

Overall, I'm not heavy into the market currently because of my late summer prediction of a coming recession. That still looks to be highly probable.

Any stock you want to mention? Post away!

Legend, WhoAmI, André G. and 3 others like this.
  2. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,733
    I’m currently long in:
    Blackrock Dividend Fund
    Blackrock US Largecap
    Pyramis Small/Mid Cap
    Templeton Intl Equity
    EPR - EPR Properties
    VLO - Valero
    AAPL - Apple

Soecualtive buys that I bought and exited in the last two years:
    NFLX (profit but exited too early...sigh)
    SoftBank (break even)
    IQ (Exited at the perfect time)
    Stitch Fix (Loser, got greedy)

Looking forward it will be defensive stocks. Healthcare, Energy. EM is an interesting sector given the beat down its had this year.

3. Mikkel

Mikkel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,128
    I don't have a lot of money, however, I have one golden goose stock:

RMTI - Rockwell Medical Inc. (Very Cheap atm... me personally, I don't plan on investing until the economy looks better)

As with any stock, timing is key. First stock every bought, sold in 1 weeks time, profited 30%.

Good friends grandfather suggested the stock to me. He has gone on 3 vacations due to this stock.

4. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,591
    I'm not investing in the stock market at the moment, but my long term pick is definitely NVDA. It's been on a 44% drop in the last months, because of a monumental GPU lineup fail and the fact they're not delivered on RayTracing at all.

Look at their past though - 100% growth minimum per year (2015 - first half 2018 = 1200%).
    Look at their future: AI, Machine Learning. They're world leaders.

It's time to invest, now, or in a couple weeks maybe (I think the drop's not done, will stabilize before next quarterly report).

Buy AMD and hold for a year. You're welcome.

WhoAmI likes this.
  5. lludwig

lludwig Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,170
    I'm of course building up what you call your "paycheck pot".

Some of the stocks/mutual funds are:
    DIS
    KO
    MCD
    MMM
    MMP
    MO
    NGG
    NOBL
    PG
    VOD
    VZ
    XOM
    NYF

I too have a huge cash position since I just sold my business.

I've been tiptoeing into the market when we'ved had some dips and some I've owned already for years and may have recently increased my position.

I too am concerned about another recession.

6. levijean

levijean Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,859
    Whether they pay a dividend or not, I like companies that mint money. Most importantly though they have to sell for a multiple well below the S&P.

ARCH
    ARLP
    BAK
    FF
    GNE
    NHTC
    NRP
    REGI
    RFP
    SNE
    VRS

7. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,457
    NVIDIA
    AMD
    (got in at a very good time with these. Even though they've taken HUGE hits, im still up BIG TIME)
    ELIO (Elio Motors)
    CNTTF (CannTrust Holding)

8. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,457
    My man!

Jeff Noel likes this.
  9. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,728
    If I had money at the mo, I'd put it into GW Pharma (Cannabis), probably gonna get bought out in the not too distant.

10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,529
    Admin Post
    Not sure if this is important to you, but having a check sent to you every month really brings the concept to life. It didn't really hit me how potent (and fun) it is until I started doing that. Having the cash vs a number on a screen are two different things. And it really makes me a better manager of the pot.

On sale again!

Get Right and Roli like this.
  11. lludwig

lludwig Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,170
    Yea it's not a bad idea, but also I'm right now of the mind of NOT spending it. Including the interest.

We could in theory just live off of my wife's salary. But wanting to do a bunch of other things to ramp up my new business ideas. I. Can't. Make. It. Stop.

But either way, wanting to ramp up so it generates an income and still toying around with maximizing the income from my portfolio. Also looking at investment properties as well. Also trying to find time to pursue options and just not having enough time to do it.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.