The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FEATURED! Post Your Desk or Work Area! (The Workspace Thread)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Nathan Douglas

BB
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
Texas
I was reading Biophase's thread, Stuck? Change Your Environment!, and it occurred to me that I needed to move from my boring kitchen table, and set up shop in one of our empty rooms that I would actually enjoy walking into every morning.
I live off a golf course in a small town called Mansfield, Texas. So I didn't have to make a dramatic move since I am happy here, but I did need a way to enhance my mood to help with productivity.

So I bought a bright orange rug, painted a wall green and set up shop. The environment that you work in really can play a role in your productivity. Just like Biophase explained in his thread, "It just shows you what a change in environment can do for you".

No matter where you work, post what kind of environment does the trick for you with pictures if you are willing. Are you a basement dweller or do you need a fresh breeze every morning like Biophase?

20140630_183419.jpg 20140630_180732.jpg

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
You're very organized, already have july on the calendar. This is my space getting paperwork done. Notice the mini-fridge? That's a productivity booster right there!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I like this thread and am intrigued. Please post your work place pick here.

Nathan Douglas

BB
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
Texas
btw @snowbank had an insane setup at one time if I remember correctly. Can't find a pic though. It was something like 6 monitors combined around a really cool desk.

I'd love to see that.

leveragehacker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Cool thread.

I work out of one of the sydney university libraries, not photo worthy. Ironically I don't go to the uni and use my friends wifi logins. He hardly turns up and I joke that I'm getting more out of his degree/fees than he is.

PS here's a cool website that can play lots of nice background noises whilst you work. eg fireplace, cafe, trains, ocean, etc
http://www.noisli.com/

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
I have a comfortable leather black couch and laptop. Works for me! :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Not that great of a picture of the set up, but here it is. My brother took this while i was testing a game on my new rig. The one and only picture of me playing a game...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Sure! Your a closet gamer! :) You just haven't come out yet! lol

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
No, making money is much more fun. I will post a picture later of what they usually look like and the area.

After seeing this thread, i realize why i don't like to work down there. it is gloomy and boring. Time to paint some walls and get some color.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
That's pretty cool. I should get one of those.

I don't think you can buy those one, but there are several dual screen ones out you can buy. Never used one personally though.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Yes do some street art! Like the five pointz or Paris tour 13. Lovely adventure for a room! :)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
My setup. I REALLY prefer the stand up desk setup. I'm so much more efficient and less fat making. Now just need a treadmill....LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom