The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PODCASTING DEAD!?

Idea threads

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello there fastlaners! Been a while i wrote something here!

Ive started my freelancer journey and its working well one thing ive had issued with is learning the basic of setting system and process and this is very i found a gap.

Many podcasters are busy entertaining the unicorns or the fortune 500 business but very rarely anyone cover the steps that helped them reach were they are, so i got the idea of interviewing small msmes and agency owners and understand the basic foundation of a 7 figure business and launching it as a podcast

Now you will be like shubham there are books out there! Yes there are books out there but with the decreasing attention span people want quick and easy access to information so this is very my podcast can help

But heres a catch im doing freelancing+ ive a small bookstore running beside where i try and practice more about facebook ads +college i dont know if i should go ahead an peruse this podcast idea.

What are your insights on this? Any feedback and recommendation will be helpful

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI: Your posts and threads have dropped below 50 in its value ratio. This means you are subject to moderation due to too many low quality posts made on the forum.

1701199869943.png

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I think podcasting is beneficial in a creative way, in the sense that you are actively producing something, and maybe puts you in an uncomfortable position where there's some growth.

Is it fastlane, or even viable as a dependable income? Probably not. Your idea isn't particularly unusual. You could niche down (by industry, location, etc) to give yourself a greater chance of producing something that someone might find worth listening to.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
I think podcasting is beneficial in a creative way, in the sense that you are actively producing something, and maybe puts you in an uncomfortable position where there's some growth.

Is it fastlane, or even viable as a dependable income? Probably not. Your idea isn't particularly unusual. You could niche down (by industry, location, etc) to give yourself a greater chance of producing something that someone might find worth listening to.
Yes true podcasting is going to help me grow

Also i have niche down going for content creator lead agency, one thing that has been going in my mind is whether to start it or not it is a huge gap but ive many things on plate so just not very sure about it

Michael Ankrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 23, 2023
What’s your thoughts on YouTube too though?
Yes true podcasting is going to help me grow

Also i have niche down going for content creator lead agency, one thing that has been going in my mind is whether to start it or not it is a huge gap but ive many things on plate so just not very sure about it

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
The only thing that concerning me or on my mind is whether i should start it or not. Once i start im 100% sure ill make it big and do everything it takes to make it grow, i guess its just that i have multiple things going on in my life which affecting the decision

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Once i start im 100% sure ill make it big

Stop lying to yourself. You don't believe this. If you truly 100% believed this, you would drop these other things that you're doing and focus on this.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The only thing that concerning me or on my mind is whether i should start it or not. Once i start im 100% sure ill make it big and do everything it takes to make it grow, i guess its just that i have multiple things going on in my life which affecting the decision
If you’re not sure, its already going to be a fail.

What’s keeping you from deciding whether or not to start?

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Stop lying to yourself. You don't believe this. If you truly 100% believed this, you would drop these other things that you're doing and focus on this.
If i were lying to myself i wouldnt have even thought of it, i cant drop things at once right now

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
If you’re not sure, its already going to be a fail.

What’s keeping you from deciding whether or not to start?
Im sure if i start it ill give it everything, the thing thats keeping me away is

1. I started freelancing and have to work in that
2. I run an online bookstore
3. im doing my undergrad right now

so there are various things thats on my plate now

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Once i start im 100% sure ill make it big

If i were lying to myself i wouldnt have even thought of it, i cant drop things at once right now

Big talk. That's all this is.

You could literally drop everything and start podcasting. People drop everything all the time. I'm not even saying you have to drop everything. But you could.

All you would have to do is decide to do it.

You are choosing to continue doing the things you are currently doing. Fine, that's your choice.

But since your mind is made up, I don't know why you bothered asking...

Next you're going to tell us the thought these things are going to make it big.

Because if you don't tell me that, then they're going to keep you small.

And why would you choose the thing that's going to keep you small and wait to start on the thing that's going to make you big?

Unless you don't really believe any of this nonsense...

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Big talk. That's all this is.

You could literally drop everything and start podcasting. People drop everything all the time. I'm not even saying you have to drop everything. But you could.

All you would have to do is decide to do it.

You are choosing to continue doing the things you are currently doing. Fine, that's your choice.

But since your mind is made up, I don't know why you bothered asking...

Next you're going to tell us the thought these things are going to make it big.

Because if you don't tell me that, then they're going to keep you small.

And why would you choose the thing that's going to keep you small and wait to start on the thing that's going to make you big?

Unless you don't really believe any of this nonsense...
thanks for your advice @BizyDad this has made me think more on this

Also i guess we all have moments in our lifes when we need a lil pip talk to sort our brains out, this thread is one of them for me.

Im not trying to make my self look bigger or anything as such.

Thank you tho

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 4, 2023
How good is your bookstore? How much are you making on average with freelancing?

First I would say to scale up to 10-30k/month with the things you are already pursuing and then and only then, i'd try to outsource the things you can outsource and move to something else... What's the point on moving on from something you aren't doing that good?

If you are doing good, like 30k/month, you for sure know you can give podcasting a go and then, if something doesn't work, you can always come back and scale the thing that is already working.

Anyway, I am not even a native English speaker and I noticed a lot of errors in this post, in which language would you consider doing these podcasts?

Also it seems like you are cocky and overconfident, but if your words were true, you'd already be doing podcasting without even asking here for confirmations

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
How good is your bookstore? How much are you making on average with freelancing?

First I would say to scale up to 10-30k/month with the things you are already pursuing and then and only then, i'd try to outsource the things you can outsource and move to something else... What's the point on moving on from something you aren't doing that good?

If you are doing good, like 30k/month, you for sure know you can give podcasting a go and then, if something doesn't work, you can always come back and scale the thing that is already working.

Anyway, I am not even a native English speaker and I noticed a lot of errors in this post, in which language would you consider doing these podcasts?

Also it seems like you are cocky and overconfident, but if your words were true, you'd already be doing podcasting without even asking here for confirmations
Hey there thank you so much for the advice

Im just starting out as a freelancer and the bookstore does 15-20k a month.

the podcast will be in english as well as hindi.

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 4, 2023
Hey there thank you so much for the advice

Im just starting out as a freelancer and the bookstore does 15-20k a month.

the podcast will be in english as well as hindi.
Seems strange that you have a bookstore doing 20k a month and you bother podcasting instead of scaling what you already have... It is also strange that you do freelance work while earning 20k...

Honestly it is hard to believe, from your name and the language you mentioned, with 20k USD per month you'd be living like a king

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Im sure if i start it ill give it everything, the thing thats keeping me away is

1. I started freelancing and have to work in that
2. I run an online bookstore
3. im doing my undergrad right now

so there are various things thats on my plate now
Thats the problem. You’re not sure. Which means you aren’t dedicated. You don’t have conviction in starting.

If you were sure, you’d say, I’m starting a podcast and my freelancing and online store will take a back seat for a while. Podcasting is my top priority now.

Else when you start, as soon as there is adversity you’ll be giving up.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Hello there fastlaners! Been a while i wrote something here!

Ive started my freelancer journey and its working well one thing ive had issued with is learning the basic of setting system and process and this is very i found a gap.

Many podcasters are busy entertaining the unicorns or the fortune 500 business but very rarely anyone cover the steps that helped them reach were they are, so i got the idea of interviewing small msmes and agency owners and understand the basic foundation of a 7 figure business and launching it as a podcast

Now you will be like shubham there are books out there! Yes there are books out there but with the decreasing attention span people want quick and easy access to information so this is very my podcast can help

But heres a catch im doing freelancing+ ive a small bookstore running beside where i try and practice more about facebook ads +college i dont know if i should go ahead an peruse this podcast idea.

What are your insights on this? Any feedback and recommendation will be helpful

You should read The Millionaire Fastlane , it has the information you need. For example, you have 4 businesses: part-time employee (freelancing), bookstore, podcasting, and full-time employee (student).

Freelancing is your part-time business. Freelancing is fine for paying rent, but it violates several CENTS rules, specifically Time, Scale, and Entry.

Bookstores are also okay for paying rent, but violate Time, and probably Scale, Entry, and Control. If you have a chain of bookstores, and are using Intentional Iteration, bookstores can be a real Fast Lane business.

Making podcasts should be a good Fast Lane business, as long as you own all your content.

Being a student is the money-losing part of being a full-time employee. You generally go to school to get a higher paying job from someone else. There is nothing wrong with getting a degree, especially if you are young or likely to need employment during your life.

You should apply the CENTS formula to your various business ideas to see how they score. You should also read TMFL to learn about weighted-decision-matrices. These will help you make decisions based on what is important to you.

Your interaction score is probably low because it sounds like social media interaction farming. Like when some influencer posts, "Coke is better than Pepsi, or prove me wrong.", or "Dog are angels and cats are demons, discuss below." Just inane time-wasting crap. Your post is, "I have 4 business, which should I pursue, and why?"

Those are my thoughts.

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023
Seems strange that you have a bookstore doing 20k a month and you bother podcasting instead of scaling what you already have... It is also strange that you do freelance work while earning 20k...

Honestly it is hard to believe, from your name and the language you mentioned, with 20k USD per month you'd be living like a king
Indian Rupees

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 4, 2023
Why did you think that in an international forum where the global currency used is USD I should have understood that you were talking about indian rupias?

Anyway... I don't want to discourage you but whenever I click on a video on YouTube of an indian guy trying to speak English, the accent is 99% of the time so unpleasant that I change video or quit straight away even if I need the information...

So with a podcast that people wants to listen when running, walking, driving the car or relaxing, it is even worse... Also, without a following I don't think it would be easy to convince successful business owners to get interviewed, what do you have to offer for them?

If your project is gonna target the indian market then it is a different thing, but i'd say to avoid the English market

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Putting units on numbers is sensible.

Make it easy for people to help you.

Anyway, is podcasting dead? Well there’s a ton of crap. If you are truly going to make something that stands out and people find useful, then it has a chance.

Are you thinking about podcasting because you like the idea of podcasting, or are you thinking of podcasting because that’s the best way to reach your market? Or because some guru online said to do it?

You don’t need to quit everything to do it. But you will have to find a way make time.

Last edited:

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India

oh no no not 20k 20inr

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Putting units on numbers is sensible.

Make it easy for people to help you.

Anyway, is podcasting dead? Well there’s a ton of crap. If you are truly going to make something that stands out and people find useful, then it has a chance.

Are you thinking about podcasting because you like the idea of podcasting, or are you thinking of podcasting because that’s the best way to reach your market? Or because some guru online said to do it?

You don’t need to quit everything to do it. But you will have to find a way make time.
doing podcasting to reach the traget market

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Why did you think that in an international forum where the global currency used is USD I should have understood that you were talking about indian rupias?

Anyway... I don't want to discourage you but whenever I click on a video on YouTube of an indian guy trying to speak English, the accent is 99% of the time so unpleasant that I change video or quit straight away even if I need the information...

So with a podcast that people wants to listen when running, walking, driving the car or relaxing, it is even worse... Also, without a following I don't think it would be easy to convince successful business owners to get interviewed, what do you have to offer for them?

If your project is gonna target the indian market then it is a different thing, but i'd say to avoid the English market
its just going to target the indian market and yes sorry for not specifying the currency

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
FYI: Your posts and threads have dropped below 50 in its value ratio. This means you are subject to moderation due to too many low quality posts made on the forum.

View attachment 52701

oh no no not 20k 20inr

doing podcasting to reach the traget market

its just going to target the indian market and yes sorry for not specifying the currency

Just a little tip for you to help get you out of moderation faster.

Respond to people in one longer message, not 3 separate ones.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Dude, I think you are in something that I was doing...

Chasing money, rather than chasing value.

Be honest. Did you read unscripted properly? Did you read millionaire fastlane properly?

If not, read it again.

If you have, read it a bit more slowly. Use a pencil to read across it, listen to an audio book version and listen to it whilst reading. Just read it. But, also think about it. Reflect for a minute or more after each chapter. Rushing through does nothing but feed your ego. Making you think you've already covered it perfectly - when in fact you have no clue and got excited on some things.

Honestly, if you did - you may have not been asking such questions nor doing such businesses

Humble yourself. You are young and so am I. You desperately need humbling - else you will lose more than gain more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.