The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please check out my website

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
Hello everybody,

I'm building a website and i hope you are willing to help me by giving me some feedback.
My website is lazyitinerary.com

The website is called Lazy Itinerary and it tries to help traveler plan their itineraries worry-free and book their flights, hotels and tours at one glimpse.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, i'd love to hear them.

Thanks ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI to users: I approved this post since it is in the "Feedback" category.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
1) Page takes several seconds to load. Not a deal breaker, but if you can speed it up that would be great.
2) "What destination do you want to find out today?" is a grammatical mess and doesn't inspire the user to action. I'm not a copywriter, but something along the lines of "where's your dream vacation?" is more appropriate.
3) Good morning, there is generic and a waste of space. Also, it's not morning where I am. It's almost 1 pm.
4) The background image is low resolution and looks awful on my 4k screen
5) The default text I see is Tokyo, Japan - but that isn't an actual option - no idea why you would make that the default
6) If you're only going to offer destinations in Asia that's fine, but it should be more clear from the site. What if I want to go to London?
7) After selecting one of the options for an itinerary, I've stared at the screen for 15 seconds and have no idea what I'm supposed to do next.

Alexio

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 22, 2019
Italy
I've seen it from a laptop (no smartphone)
it's nice

But I would change picture in the background
With something with an higher number of pixels (I know it cost in term of "loading" the page)

Then I want to apologize with you
and I want to tell you that I'm from Italy
so maybe I can not understand 100% the name/domain of the site

But I would like to change the name: lazy

From my point of view (an Italian that learn a little bit of English)
it's seem it's like: lazy-boring itinerary

My advice is: read the book from Al e Laura Reis
like Focus, positioning, visual hummer ad same more like that
and believe me, you will not look the steps of the supermarket in the same way
ad you will choose the best name for your site and the best "visual hummer" for your brand

(hope MJ DeMarco will approve the books I've spotted, if not I will edit the post deliteing the names)

Best Wishes!!!
Alessio

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Just going to give you what went through my head.
  • Slow to load.
  • "Good Morning, There." is an abhorrent headline.
  • I don't know what this site is about or does.
  • "Which destination do you want to find out today?" is grammatically odd. Perhaps "What destination are you looking for?" would be a better start.
  • Guess this site is related to travelling?
  • Why are there social media icons here?
  • Your footer gives me the first real clue of what this site is about "Plan your trip worry-free with Lazy Itinerary to get the most up-to-date itineraries, best priced flights and the most popular hotels at one glimpse."
    • This should be morphed into your headline and be far shorter and simpler.
    • "Save time and plan the best trips with Lazy Itinerary"
  • I don't want to use something that implies I'm lazy. That's not cool.
  • I type in a city I'm interested in checking out. Cozumel, Mexico. But nothing comes up? Weird.
  • Seems like I'm limited to these set choices. Weird.
  • I choose Osaka.
  • The main picture on the left just looks like busy japan. Not very appealing. That picture of a building on the right is far nicer and attractive to me.
  • On the right it seems like a list of guided tours? But when I click them nothing happens? Weird.
  • There's a lot of information in the bar on the left, almost too much. Maybe it would be nice if this was collapsed by default.
  • Showing hotels and flight fares is pretty cool.
Your site is clean overall, I can't tell if it's useful. I typically use tripadvisor. Hope this helps.

KJC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 10, 2020
Im going to be the harsh one.

It's no different then priceline where I have all my info all set up in.

what make your web site better?

I don't see how this fills in a need for any one

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
I wanted to plan a beach vacation to the Carolinas but everything is overseas. Maybe make more choices. Plus I want to know the best place to go, with the best restaurants in that area, and best things to do. Because I want to be lazy like your website implies.

bonnechic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 12, 2020
I have just seen your site, it is good enough and mobile friendly too. I was expecting some good of pics of different travel destination. It will attract more target audience.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
it's okay, it does offer a useful summary and trips. not an expert on planning trips so I'm guessing there are competing pages already.

the page is nice, you already got a lot of feedback about improvements.

you would need to make it Asian only in some way if there are not going to be any destinations outside of the Asian continent. I'd drop the content listing at the bottom of the page once you have something like +30 cities, it makes the page look limited in scope and just plain small.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I've never really understood why someone would make a profile, post their website asking for feedback, then get incredible feedback....

And ghost.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I was just in Bangkok for around a month. I like that it suggests which app to download (grab) , how to greet people in Thai, which food is best to get there (thai pancakes are delicious and cheap), etc. It was surprisingly accurate. I was impressed!

Unfortunately, it is valuable advice delivered in a poor way. You are offering travel advice. It's not a booking website. And nobody wants to go through the trouble of finding your site just to learn some travel advice. They don't need help checking the weather. They can find cheap flights on many different sites that were established years ago.

You would be better off creating travel content, offering a book that is a comprehensive travel guide for where people are traveling, and then using that to launch a travel guide company within those locations nationwide. That would be a million dollar company. Not this website.

I would immediately make a youtube channel with your brand name, record yourself or someone who's good on camera, and make travel videos like a show that would be on the travel channel on TV. Go hard on one city for a few months, learn everything about it and then compile it into a useful book and sell it to your audience so people traveling to that location can spend the measly $15 to save time and learn about awesome locations there. And set up a tour service within that location so people looking up content about that city will find your videos, buy your book, and then call you to sign up for a tour service.

Vertical integration is the best way to do anything with travel. It is about convenience. If I'm traveling, I'm somewhere unknown and need help. If the nice person who gave me travel advice also put together a book, I'll buy it. When they also have a tour service, I'll sign up. And when they also have their own rooms to stay in, I'll probably stay there. And when they've got a restaurant downstairs, I'll probably go there to eat too.

The same thing happened when I was in Ko Lanta near Krabi. The Airbnb host we stayed with had a nice restaurant and also took us on a snorkeling tour of the islands for a day. We also rented a scooter from her. It was all about convenience and that's a huge opportunity when traveling. Turn yourself into a travel advice company that grows into an accommodation and tour guide company within a city and copy the format to different cities. That's where the opportunity is.

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
1) Page takes several seconds to load. Not a deal breaker, but if you can speed it up that would be great.
2) "What destination do you want to find out today?" is a grammatical mess and doesn't inspire the user to action. I'm not a copywriter, but something along the lines of "where's your dream vacation?" is more appropriate.
3) Good morning, there is generic and a waste of space. Also, it's not morning where I am. It's almost 1 pm.
4) The background image is low resolution and looks awful on my 4k screen
5) The default text I see is Tokyo, Japan - but that isn't an actual option - no idea why you would make that the default
6) If you're only going to offer destinations in Asia that's fine, but it should be more clear from the site. What if I want to go to London?
7) After selecting one of the options for an itinerary, I've stared at the screen for 15 seconds and have no idea what I'm supposed to do next.

thank you lowlek! Yes the homepage needs a big fix!

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I've seen it from a laptop (no smartphone)
it's nice

But I would change picture in the background
With something with an higher number of pixels (I know it cost in term of "loading" the page)

Then I want to apologize with you
and I want to tell you that I'm from Italy
so maybe I can not understand 100% the name/domain of the site

But I would like to change the name: lazy

From my point of view (an Italian that learn a little bit of English)
it's seem it's like: lazy-boring itinerary

My advice is: read the book from Al e Laura Reis
like Focus, positioning, visual hummer ad same more like that
and believe me, you will not look the steps of the supermarket in the same way
ad you will choose the best name for your site and the best "visual hummer" for your brand

(hope MJ DeMarco will approve the books I've spotted, if not I will edit the post deliteing the names)

Best Wishes!!!
Alessio
Thank you alessio. Will fix the branding bit and the picture quality!

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
Im going to be the harsh one.

It's no different then priceline where I have all my info all set up in.

what make your web site better?

I don't see how this fills in a need for any one
Thank you for your comment KJC. I'm just a beginner in making the website aside from my full-time job, so ... not expecting it to beat any big names. I will take your advice to see how my website can serve differently!

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I wanted to plan a beach vacation to the Carolinas but everything is overseas. Maybe make more choices. Plus I want to know the best place to go, with the best restaurants in that area, and best things to do. Because I want to be lazy like your website implies.
Thank you zblundell. It's so far a work-in-progress version. I'm working to put in more destinations! Will factor in your suggestions.

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I have just seen your site, it is good enough and mobile friendly too. I was expecting some good of pics of different travel destination. It will attract more target audience.
Thank you bonnechic. Do you want the pictures of the destinations to be shown on the homepage or the destination page?

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
it's okay, it does offer a useful summary and trips. not an expert on planning trips so I'm guessing there are competing pages already.

the page is nice, you already got a lot of feedback about improvements.

you would need to make it Asian only in some way if there are not going to be any destinations outside of the Asian continent. I'd drop the content listing at the bottom of the page once you have something like +30 cities, it makes the page look limited in scope and just plain small.
Thank you Saavedra. I'll try to improve the summaries. I'll check out the competitors and see what they offer. I'm very new to web development and trying to learn more while working on a page. I'm trying to add more destinations to it, but I found it a bit time-consuming.

Yes the footer part! I'm feeling empty without a footer, but I agree with what you said if I have this kind of limited scope directory. Do you have some suggestions on other choices for a footer or just remove it?

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I've never really understood why someone would make a profile, post their website asking for feedback, then get incredible feedback....

And ghost.
Hi Scot. I'm sorry if you are expecting more active responses, but there is a time-zone difference in this world ...

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
Are you paying someone to create this for you or are you doing it yourself? I would change the look and feel. The search is very limited, it's missing Peru where I currently stay and the USA isn't listed. Where are these items being pulled from?
I can assist you with this if you are interested, I'm a web developer. Let me know.
Hi vivsion2020, I'm just doing this myself to learn more about web coding. I have a full-time job during daytime and I learned about web development for a month. Yes, those destinations there are just to get a feel and for asking feedback. I will add more in coming days.

Thank you! I'm already very grateful if you give me some feedback. I do have a question about page loading time. I received some comments saying the page loading is slow, but I don't know what is the cause of the problem. Could you give me some hints so I can look into it?

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I was just in Bangkok for around a month. I like that it suggests which app to download (grab) , how to greet people in Thai, which food is best to get there (thai pancakes are delicious and cheap), etc. It was surprisingly accurate. I was impressed!

Unfortunately, it is valuable advice delivered in a poor way. You are offering travel advice. It's not a booking website. And nobody wants to go through the trouble of finding your site just to learn some travel advice. They don't need help checking the weather. They can find cheap flights on many different sites that were established years ago.

You would be better off creating travel content, offering a book that is a comprehensive travel guide for where people are traveling, and then using that to launch a travel guide company within those locations nationwide. That would be a million dollar company. Not this website.

I would immediately make a youtube channel with your brand name, record yourself or someone who's good on camera, and make travel videos like a show that would be on the travel channel on TV. Go hard on one city for a few months, learn everything about it and then compile it into a useful book and sell it to your audience so people traveling to that location can spend the measly $15 to save time and learn about awesome locations there. And set up a tour service within that location so people looking up content about that city will find your videos, buy your book, and then call you to sign up for a tour service.

Vertical integration is the best way to do anything with travel. It is about convenience. If I'm traveling, I'm somewhere unknown and need help. If the nice person who gave me travel advice also put together a book, I'll buy it. When they also have a tour service, I'll sign up. And when they also have their own rooms to stay in, I'll probably stay there. And when they've got a restaurant downstairs, I'll probably go there to eat too.

The same thing happened when I was in Ko Lanta near Krabi. The Airbnb host we stayed with had a nice restaurant and also took us on a snorkeling tour of the islands for a day. We also rented a scooter from her. It was all about convenience and that's a huge opportunity when traveling. Turn yourself into a travel advice company that grows into an accommodation and tour guide company within a city and copy the format to different cities. That's where the opportunity is.
Thank you Johnny boy for taking the time to share your view and experience! I like Thailand too been there multiple times. I agree real business is more tangible and indeed personal advice is more helpful for travelers, while travelers would require time and effort to find out and look at website information.

However, I'm having my full time job which is quite sticky and I try out the website to explore the web development part so maybe I will try more. Of course, your idea about the travel business can be a longer term goal.

mikemiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 19, 2019
Hello everybody,

I'm building a website and i hope you are willing to help me by giving me some feedback.
My website is lazyitinerary.com

The website is called Lazy Itinerary and it tries to help traveler plan their itineraries worry-free and book their flights, hotels and tours at one glimpse.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, i'd love to hear them.

Thanks ;)
It's great that you have come up with such an idea and working towards it. Kindly add more places in your drop-down menu so that your website will get into a great reach!

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I like the traveler's tips on the left and the daily itinerary that depends on the length of one's stay. The rating system on the right, though, what establishes that? I am not sure what it's rating, because if it's the destination, how come the rating goes down just because the stay is shorter?

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
It's great that you have come up with such an idea and working towards it. Kindly add more places in your drop-down menu so that your website will get into a great reach!
Thank you mikemiller. It's encouraging. We're working on more destinations now!

lazyitinerary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 15, 2020
I like the traveler's tips on the left and the daily itinerary that depends on the length of one's stay. The rating system on the right, though, what establishes that? I am not sure what it's rating, because if it's the destination, how come the rating goes down just because the stay is shorter?
Thank you for your feedback, Suzanne. The rating tries to measure how popular the attractions contained in the itinerary are, currently roughly based on the search results in Google. However, so far it's only a prototype and will work on something more justifiable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.