The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Check out my new Kickstarter

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
No one has their feelings hurt. Like i've said 2x now, certain things are just not up for discussion. &Again, not looking for help.

Anyway, going to delete this thread after tonight.

The thread won't be deleted. Deleting threads that other members have contributed to is considered time robbery on this forum.

This thread will get indexed by google and when some lucky fellow down the road googles "failed kickstarter projects" they'll find this and get a few thousand dollars worth of advice.

As somebody who's done professional video for Viacom, CBS, General Motors, and Hewlett-Packard... I'm giving you a heads-up on a few simple things (like mentioning the product) that have the potential to create better results than you're getting now. Zen practically wrote you an entire (brilliant) script.

And nobody charged a thing.

If you don't like the advice say "Thank you, I'll consider it." and leave it at that. At least then there wouldn't be a backlash.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
_out

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
(and Dennis in particular having very poor video skills(I saw his YouTube channel)

If you want to see my 'work' you'd have to turn on your F*cking TV.
I WISH I could show you what I've done without being pursued by lawyers just to get you to be quiet. I've reponded to your PMs with the stuff I AM allowed to show you, though I don't know why I'm wasting my time any further.

The videos put up on "my" youtube channel are educational videos. They were made under monetary constraints, tight deadlines, and were not designed to sell my product. Don't compare FREE videos, listed as public, designed to TEACH as having any relevance to this conversion.

I want to see your campaign succeed. What you're doing WILL NOT WORK, particularly your video which is the first thing anybody who visits your page sees. Like I said if you don't like it say "thanks" and be quiet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have come to the conclusion this forum has nothing for me.

So have I.

This thread exemplifies a perfect drive-by robbery.

1) Enter forum
2) Post promotional kickstarter campaign (borders on breaking the rules since you have zero speed)
3) Take people's time, receiving valuable perspectives and feedback...
4) Dislike some of the answers
5) Offend a variety of contributors.
6) Request thread to be deleted.

D

DeletedUser2

wow,

we have run off another wannapreneur, just by offering what he came here for.

well, saved me some time.

I guess I'm in the segment he researched....

After researching some of the people who replied and gave advice in this thread and realizing that they have nowhere close to a successful business

well I guess I can rest easy now.
whew

Z

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I think the video was quite good.

Not bad at all.

Do you really want an over the top approach on KickStarter?

Like an infomercial?

Salesy stuff isn't always the best approach.

But that's just how I see it.

And my opinion on this one.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
By the way. The link to the Nomiku. Is going to the Nfc-ring.

(Left like that, to get an additional bump about it?.) J/K.

Good luck with your KickStarter.

All you need is good or excellent marketing and it will be successful. Most likely.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
well I guess I can rest easy now.

Originally Posted by Gale4rc said:
View Post
After researching some of the people who replied and gave advice in this thread and realizing that they have nowhere close to a successful business

The new GenY standard for receiving advice is to only take it if you like it, and if it's from a billionaire. Millionaires? Ehh, mere peasants! :p

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
A nice little personal rule I follow, don't post your project for an ego-stroke. IF you legitimately need help, sure, but if you're just looking for ONLY positive feedback prepare yourself for an unrelenting onslaught of honest criticism.

Looks like you got the latter and weren't quite ready for it. Woops. I do like the idea though.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I've tried a lot of different projects doing a lot of different things from web startups with a team of 5 and investors to a book(now). Everything has ultimately failed.

I spent 1 year in stealth with a project and it's the worst mistake I ever made

I have come to the conclusion this forum has nothing for me. I'm out.

Someone REALLY needs to learn how valuable feedback is...

Obviously, this post isn't for you, but maybe someone else can learn from your example.

You know the feeling when you get feedback:
...that you disagree with
...that isn't in any way true
...that comes from people unqualified to give it
...that is completely different from all the positive feedback that you've been getting
...that makes you REALLY want to argue with whoever is bothering to waste their time giving it to you

That feeling is one of two things:
-humble gratitude
or
-The Resistance winning

Kipling said:
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/541632530/the-people-of-kickstarter

Hope you guys enjoy the idea as much as I do. Feel free to ask any questions :D

Edit - Decided to post more encase anyone had questions

About me - I've tried a lot of different projects doing a lot of different things from web startups with a team of 5 and investors to a book(now). Everything has ultimately failed. This is my newest idea which I thought would just be a really cool book to have, got the idea about a month ago and moved as fast as I could to get it completed and up and running. That's one thing i've learned over my past failures is how to launch ideas fast and get validation to kill it or keep going with it. I spent 1 year in stealth with a project and it's the worst mistake I ever made (and then read lean startup which is a GREAT book on basically moving fast).

Now i'm onto Kickstarter. It's an exciting experience and humbling seeing your friends step up and back you. It's also no easy task, i'm on my second day of the Kickstarter now, raised a good amount the first day but, if I want to hit my goal i'm going to have to start getting press immediately. That's basically what i'm going to be working on for the next 38 days

[video=youtube;FcubgoVfoPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcubgoVfoPo[/video]

Capturing for archive.

People of Kickstarter by Andrew Gale.

peopleofkickstarter.com

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I wish I would have read the whole thread before I asked the op the above question. I might have saved some time as he probably won't pop in.

I want to see your campaign succeed. What you're doing WILL NOT WORK, particularly your video which is the first thing anybody who visits your page sees. Like I said if you don't like it say "thanks" and be quiet.

I sent you some REP for this Dennis. The idea for his product was solid. Everything that caused him to fail was fixable.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Remember the whole "do you want to be right or rich" thing? This guy obviously doesn't want to be rich. Of course he knows more than some of the most successful members on the forum.:headbanger:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
C'mon guys, the OP stuck around. We should be nice and maybe we can hear his thoughts on what he would have done differently.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I hope to see him pop in this thread. He has gained experience in kickstarter. He has hindsight and maybe he will see that some of the advice here was golden. I'm routing for him to regroup and launch a campaign that will blow people away when they visit the page.

One thing I noticed about kickstarter. Good Copy, Good interaction, the right incentives, And anything to do with a book generally do well.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
About me - I've tried a lot of different projects doing a lot of different things from web startups with a team of 5 and investors to a book(now). Everything has ultimately failed.

I hope this guy can figure this out some day. I'm not going to bash him for what he did in this thread. Sometimes we get lost in the dark, trying to find the light. We're humans, we make mistakes.

Good luck man, I hope some day you can reflect on your ultimate failures and learn from them. One day, you'll succeed because of these failures.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.