The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pizza Rocket (with video)

G

GuestUser53624

I'm not sure what to do with this thing. I had the idea after wrestling with a frozen pizza in the back of the freezer. I thought.... Hey! why don't I just make a pizza that rolls up into a tube that fits in the freezer door! So I did. And it worked, haha.

I tried a Kickstarter and got like two backers because I just don't have the networks or the marketing chops you guys do and I used the same crappy video you are about to witness. I did hire a graphic artist who made some packaging but that's about it. Anyone in this business?? I am open to ideas/suggestions.

Old Kickstarter -> Pizza Rocket!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've ate a lot of frozen pizza, and never had this problem.

Maybe there's just no market need.

Your only differentiation is packaging shape, so value provided is that it fits in the freezer of person who has too small a freezer. Simple solutions for that person would be to get a larger freezer.

Also, the shape of your pizza is absolutely hideous. Part of eating is not just taste but texture. You ruin the texture of your pizza by making it uneven - and likely have ingredients unevenly distributed.

Lastly, if I really cared about the value your product provided, then I wouldn't buy your pizza, but a packaging tube, after which I'd just roll up a pizza and put it in the tube.

The market didn't like your product. Do more research if you want, but if you come to the same conclusion that the market doesn't like it, then quit on the idea and move on. Keep trying until you get something the market likes.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've ate a lot of frozen pizza, and never had this problem.

Maybe there's just no market need.

Your only differentiation is packaging shape, so value provided is that it fits in the freezer of person who has too small a freezer. Simple solutions for that person would be to get a larger freezer.

Also, the shape of your pizza is absolutely hideous. Part of eating is not just taste but texture. You ruin the texture of your pizza by making it uneven - and likely have ingredients unevenly distributed.

Lastly, if I really cared about the value your product provided, then I wouldn't buy your pizza, but a packaging tube, after which I'd just roll up a pizza and put it in the tube.

The market didn't like your product. Do more research if you want, but if you come to the same conclusion that the market doesn't like it, then quit on the idea and move on.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I'm not sure what to do with this thing. I had the idea after wrestling with a frozen pizza in the back of the freezer. I thought.... Hey! why don't I just make a pizza that rolls up into a tube that fits in the freezer door! So I did. And it worked, haha.

I tried a Kickstarter and got like two backers because I just don't have the networks or the marketing chops you guys do and I used the same crappy video you are about to witness. I did hire a graphic artist who made some packaging but that's about it. Anyone in this business?? I am open to ideas/suggestions.

Old Kickstarter -> Pizza Rocket!
Agreed w/ @AgainstAllOdds ... Could be that nobody actually wants/needs this thing, especially given how you came up with the concept

RE: Kickstarter -

-https://tim.blog/2012/12/18/hacking-kickstarter-how-to-raise-100000-in-10-days-includes-successful-templates-e-mails-etc/

-https://foundr.com/products/the-ultimate-guide-to-crowdfunding/

G

GuestUser53624

I've ate a lot of frozen pizza, and never had this problem. ok, so you would not identify with a need for the product, got it.

Maybe there's just no market need. Totally possible.

Also, the shape of your pizza is absolutely hideous. Take it easy Joey, it was just a prototype.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
I'm not understanding the part about how I came up with the concept. Are you saying because I solved my problem and not someone else's?

The problem might not be big enough. Like sticking in the freezer door isnt a big enough issue for most people...?

Don't assume anything. If you have the problem...Great! If someone mentions to you a problem...Great! But out-of-the-blue ideas that you have no affinity for and solve no real problem RARELY work.

Its not that your idea isn't a good idea, it's just that the problem isn't painful enough to fix.

IE: Just re-arrange your freezers contents or just dont buy too much stuff so that the door doesnt close.

Two easy solutions that are free.

Now if the pizza was a cold pizza delivered with your morning newspaper and coffee...

Hmm...

G

GuestUser53624

The problem might not be big enough. Like sticking in the freezer door isnt a big enough issue for most people...?

Don't assume anything. If you have the problem...Great! If someone mentions to you a problem...Great! But out-of-the-blue ideas that you have no affinity for and solve no real problem RARELY work.

Its not that your idea isn't a good idea, it's just that the problem isn't painful enough to fix.

IE: Just re-arrange your freezers contents or just dont buy too much stuff so that the door doesnt close.

Two easy solutions that are free.

Now if the pizza was a cold pizza delivered with your morning newspaper and coffee...

Hmm...

Yeah I get it. hahaha Do they still sell bagel bites? Those things solve a problem right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.