The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there a way to rotoscope / remove background for free??? (ppl good with video editing, please help!)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I'm tearing my hair out trying to edit my videos!!!

Tons of clickbait on youtube, and it seems the stuff that truly works and doesn't give you that ugly "oh you tried to cut out the background' effect require a monthly fee (which I don't really want to go for yet cos I don't even know how far this thing will go).

There seems to be some promising tutorial videos, but then I will get to a certain point and get stuck because what they're suggesting no longer works so I can't follow on to the next step!!!

Please help!! Thanks a billion!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sojeer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 10, 2018
I'm tearing my hair out trying to edit my videos!!!

Tons of clickbait on youtube, and it seems the stuff that truly works and doesn't give you that ugly "oh you tried to cut out the background' effect require a monthly fee (which I don't really want to go for yet cos I don't even know how far this thing will go).

There seems to be some promising tutorial videos, but then I will get to a certain point and get stuck because what they're suggesting no longer works so I can't follow on to the next step!!!

Please help!! Thanks a billion!
Not the easiest way, but I’m doing that in Adobe After Effects (they have a 7-day trial or something like that) by using rotobrush tool.
It takes some time to cut the elements but results can be very nice.

Here you can find a tutorial for that:
View: https://youtu.be/bwudLlEi11Q

I don’t know any other tools, especially online ones (like for static images - remove.bg) but maybe there is something

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
DaVinci Resolve is also a free alternative if you don't want to make the plunge on After Effects. There's loads of tutorials floating around.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
oh man, I have both.

those after effects ppl are lying. I'm on the trial version now and the results are nowhere near as good as advertised (lol)

DaVinci has a masking effect, but only in upgraded version.

anyone know a video editor maybe on fiverr who does a good job? I may just pay someone to edit this one and then get smarter and get a green screen. hahaha

edit: ok that video is actually realistic, but I didn't shoot on high contrast background, and who has time to go frame by frame?? lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
have you heard of cracked software, just sayin.

and why do things so complex, just go for a simple chromakey, buy a cheap bedsheet or cloth of any bright solid color.

Blek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 15, 2018
Poland
oh man, I have both.

those after effects ppl are lying. I'm on the trial version now and the results are nowhere near as good as advertised (lol)

DaVinci has a masking effect, but only in upgraded version.

anyone know a video editor maybe on fiverr who does a good job? I may just pay someone to edit this one and then get smarter and get a green screen. hahaha

edit: ok that video is actually realistic, but I didn't shoot on high contrast background, and who has time to go frame by frame?? lol.
Yeah, it's all about AI novelty, very fresh thing, nobody (for now) is giving it for free (AFAIK).

AciD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 13, 2020
I've learned my f*cking lesson.

God bless the green screen.
Have you tried this?

And Rotobrush 2.0 is pretty dang good.
Though if you have dark hair against dark background you're not going to have a good time.
You can try first increasing the contrast / saturation / sharpnes, precompose and THEN try rotobrush, but some situations are just a crap with no hope, lol :)

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Have you tried this?

And Rotobrush 2.0 is pretty dang good.
Though if you have dark hair against dark background you're not going to have a good time.
You can try first increasing the contrast / saturation / sharpnes, precompose and THEN try rotobrush, but some situations are just a crap with no hope, lol :)
Thanks!

Yes I have dark hair against a dark background XD

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.