The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Path to creating a digital product

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
Hey Nikita, read almost your entire thread and loved your journey. I plan on creating a thread for my app as well. So today is the 30th and I'm curious how much you've ended the month with? :D

Congrats!

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Hey Nikita, read almost your entire thread and loved your journey. I plan on creating a thread for my app as well. So today is the 30th and I'm curious how much you've ended the month with? :D

Congrats!

About $8.5k! :)

Though, I think I'll reach more earned in a 30-day period in a couple of days. Maybe on the 5 or 6th May I'll see $9k+.

Best of luck with your app! What niche is it?

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
About $8.5k! :)

Though, I think I'll reach more earned in a 30-day period in a couple of days. Maybe on the 5 or 6th May I'll see $9k+.

Best of luck with your app! What niche is it?

Thanks! It's a webapp in the digital privacy niche :D Think 1Password/Lastpass/Dashlane but a bit different.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Dude, this thread is amazing!

Exactly what I needed to read... The grind is real, and so is the payoff!

It took me some time, what they say is true - it'll take more time than you think, but also less time than you think!

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
So, I made £11k ($13.5k) this month, and next month it's going to be about £20k ($24.5k).

Funny thing is last year at this point I had 0 coming in from my business but I set a goal to reach £20k per month by July. So I made it, but a year late haha!

I'm planning on moving to a hot country once we can travel again now that I have the funds. I'm thinking a nice villa by the sea, mm yes. I just need to do it before the winter sets in so my productivity doesn't take a dive from the bad weather.

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
So, I made £11k ($13.5k) this month, and next month it's going to be about £20k ($24.5k).

Funny thing is last year at this point I had 0 coming in from my business but I set a goal to reach £20k per month by July. So I made it, but a year late haha!

I'm planning on moving to a hot country once we can travel again now that I have the funds. I'm thinking a nice villa by the sea, mm yes. I just need to do it before the winter sets in so my productivity doesn't take a dive from the bad weather.

Holy moly! Congrats nikita, I'm happy for you :D

Quick question: not sure if you've covered this already, but since you have an app on the App Store I'm assuming this is B2C, how do you handle support requests? I currently have about 700 paying customers and inevitably some of them are... how should I put this... difficult. Do you also deal with this?

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Holy moly! Congrats nikita, I'm happy for you :D

Quick question: not sure if you've covered this already, but since you have an app on the App Store I'm assuming this is B2C, how do you handle support requests? I currently have about 700 paying customers and inevitably some of them are... how should I put this... difficult. Do you also deal with this?

Thanks!

Most support queries for me fall under:
- People who are just offering feedback: I thank them and tell them I've put their suggestion on the roadmap - this usually makes them happy that I replied as most apps don't reply to you.
- People who kindly ask for a subscription cancelation or refund - I point them to Apple, as devs can't do this themselves.
- People who DEMAND a refund RIGHT NOW - I just don't answer. These people usually word their request like "I HATE THIS APP, WHY DID YOU TAKE MY MONEY, GIVE ME A REFUND NOW." While I happily offer help to well worded emails, I'm not dealing with people that are so rude.
- People who leave negative feedback on the app - I thank them for their suggestions. If they're overly rude - again, I don't reply.

Basically, kindly reply if they're kind enough, and ignore if they're rabid about it. I've placed instructions within my app on how to cancel or request a refund. The way to cancel is very clear in the Settings, it has its own section - and I ask them why they want to cancel so I know the reason and can improve the app. It does get annoying because it takes 2 seconds to Google how to cancel an Apple subscription, and some people claim I'm stealing their money lol.

You're gonna get difficult customers, unfortunately. But thankfully most are nice.

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada
Man I just read through this whole thread in one go, and seeing you continue to push even when things sucked a$$, very inspiring stuff. A lot of people would have given up. So glad to see your app finally take off, you deserve it!

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Man I just read through this whole thread in one go, and seeing you continue to push even when things sucked a$$, very inspiring stuff. A lot of people would have given up. So glad to see your app finally take off, you deserve it!

Thanks! It's been a tough journey, but so worth it. I'm taking this app to the moon - I'm gonna beat all my competitors because my app is objectively better than most of them. :D

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Any updates? You enjoying the cocktails on the beach, haha?

Haha! Not yet, but I'm very close to it. I'm getting out of this country as soon as possible. The weather in London is absolutely disgusting right now, it hasn't stopped raining for weeks. How do people willingly live here jesus christ.

Currently planning a huge new feature and hiring developers to work on it, after it's done it'll justify a price raise and it'll be a better app than all my competitors. If Apple features me again I reckon I'll get to that level where I no longer need to freelance on the side.

Last edited:

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Raised my app's subscription costs and the purchases are still steady so that's good. The big new feature is currently being developed! I'm confident the app will take off once it's released because it'll be objectively better than its competitors and I'm not saying that just because it's mine.

There's been a lull in freelance work so I'm using the time to work on a new app.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Steadily making progress on my new app. I've set a release date for mid-August but I'll probably finish it next week. It gets easier with every new app! Can't believe my first one took me 8 months.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
While my main app is still being developed (big feature) and my new app is being taken care of by another developer, I've started another one. I know the formula to making a good app and getting it featured now. I can spit out several of these. If one of them won't make it big (yet), several of them combined will work too.

I also head to Greece in two weeks. If I like it as much as I did last year, I'm not going back to the UK United Kingdom of Authoritarianism.

Vito

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Apr 21, 2011
Scotland
While my main app is still being developed (big feature) and my new app is being taken care of by another developer, I've started another one. I know the formula to making a good app and getting it featured now. I can spit out several of these. If one of them won't make it big (yet), several of them combined will work too.

I also head to Greece in two weeks. If I like it as much as I did last year, I'm not going back to the UK United Kingdom of Authoritarianism.

Are each of your apps related or in the same niche or are you exploring completely different ideas?

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Are each of your apps related or in the same niche or are you exploring completely different ideas?

Different niches. I'd say they all have health and productivity in common but they're not related. I mostly look at well performing apps that have design issues or are limited in features/users are leaving lots of reviews but requesting certain features.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Working on launching my 2 new apps.

I've been going through a lot of mood shifts and at one point even my physical health declined. Of course, every test came back perfect because I knew it was due to my psychological state. Setting proper routines now and time to relax.

One new thing I've started is finding people I'd love to connect and be friends with that are successful, and going after them. Well that sounds a bit strange put in words, but I find that most people around me are either unmotivated or in that "rich person bad!" mindset. Especially at my young age, it's almost impossible to find motivated people who want to be rich like I do lol. I need to be connected with the top of the top, people that are better and more successful than me so I can reach their level.

My goal to be a millionaire at 24 is going to be achieved.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Nikita, this thread deserves GOLD. So amazing, that you kept tracking your progress consistently from the beginning, no matter whether people reacted to your posts or not. It is so important to see all the work with no reward at the beginning. Most people stop there, only because they see no silver lining

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Nikita, this thread deserves GOLD. So amazing, that you kept tracking your progress consistently from the beginning, no matter whether people reacted to your posts or not. It is so important to see all the work with no reward at the beginning. Most people stop there, only because they see no silver lining
Thank you!

It's been tough because like you said there is no reward, for a long time. But suddenly one day it all comes together. Younger me definitely wouldn't have believed what I achieved. Just like how right now I almost can't believe that one day I'll have my millions and Greek villa :D

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Did a lot of work on one of my apps today, that I plan to launch in July. The design looks great, the website looks great, I'm excited. Designing and launching apps is actually what I want to do for the rest of my life. And now I've hit the winning formula, it is what I'm gonna do for the rest of my life.

Gonna run some FB ads for my main app soon and see how that turns out.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey, congrats on launching two new apps :) that's amazing progress.
the website looks great

Is this a landing page? If so, what did make you go for landing pages these days (I remember you used not too and just rely on ASO).

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Hey, congrats on launching two new apps :) that's amazing progress.

Is this a landing page? If so, what did make you go for landing pages these days (I remember you used not too and just rely on ASO).

Thanks!

And yes, it's a landing page. Your standard site to promote an app. Before launch I'll be using it to collect emails.

I like having a site because it looks more professional and Apple likes them when you request to be featured. Also I can host some wordier articles on the site so I don't have to create separate app screens within the app (can just make a button open a web page).

It's good for promotion as well across social media. And I enjoy making them!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
awesome progress, definitely gold.

@Hadrian you might want to check this thread out.

anthon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 4, 2020
Wow, what a story!
Congratulations, Nikita, well done!
Just have read this thread on one breathe.

Can you share links to your apps?

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Wow, what a story!
Congratulations, Nikita, well done!
Just have read this thread on one breathe.

Can you share links to your apps?

Thank you Anthon! I appreciate you reading through it all, it's quite a long thread.

I would love to share my apps, but I'm fiercely for my anonymity. I've always been overly cautious, I think because I'm worried about some posts coming back to bite me in the a$$.

It's a problem now because I really do want to share my work here, and it would make it a better experience for people reading the thread. Perhaps one day when I reach a huge milestone. I'll have to think about it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.