The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paleo Lifestyle

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah understood, but I am not going to eat unless I am hungry either.

I am kind of doing more of what JAJT talked about at the beginning of this thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
J, have a meal of just one or the other (or a reasonable snack). How do you FEEL afterwards? Do you feel lethargic? Bloated stomach? Phlegmy (clearing your throat)? Foggy headed? ... Or do you feel satisfied, awake, alert & energetic?

I personally feel like shit after red meat. It's not for me. The BF loves it, feels great afterwards & could live off it.

Sometimes the only person who can tell you what's best for you is YOU. Start guinea-pigging it & figure out what works with your chemistry. Your body will let you know.

I feel fine after red meat and eggs - no different than chicken or turkey. I was just wondering from the cholesterol perspective.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I feel fine after red meat and eggs - no different than chicken or turkey. I was just wondering from the cholesterol perspective.

Then I say go for it.

Remember, this is the same medical community that prescribes countless medications with horrific side effects to "cure" patients. This is the same medical community that pushed the food pyramid for DECADES as "healthy" -BTW- did you all know that the group that funded the original "study" that produced the Food Pyramid was the National Association of Wheat Growers (or whatever the hell they called themselves back in the day)? Yeah, shocking.

It's sad that in this day & age you can no longer rely on the predominant medical community for accurate or healthy information, you have to hunt it down yourself, test it yourself & validate it (or throw it out) yourself.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I take GNC's Brand of fish oil and probiotics. I just bought D3 from my gym. I'll get you the exact info for all 3 as soon as I get home. I also take ZMA an hour before bedtime, and sometimes BCAA's if I haven't eaten yet before a workout.

I went to Sam's club and bought their brand for now, Simply Right Triple strength Fish oil and Simply Right 4X probiotic supplement. I have some Vitamin D at home already so mayne I should take those, no?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I went to Sam's club and bought their brand for now, Simply Right Triple strength Fish oil and Simply Right 4X probiotic supplement. I have some Vitamin D at home already so mayne I should take those, no?

That should definitely be good. Yes, I would take the Vitamin D.

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012

It's better if it's vitamin d3. I take 6,000 iu's per day except for summer time. If the fish oil doesn't sit right Carlsons makes a high quality fish oil in liquid form. No lasting aftertaste.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
I would like to mention those two books I've recently received:

The Drinking Man's Diet: Robert Cameron: 9780918684653: Amazon.com: Books

and

The Drinking Man's Diet Cookbook: Robert Cameron: 9780918684639: Amazon.com: Books

Robert Cameron (died @ 98) is the original inventor of the atkins diet - 8 years later after this book Atkins came out with his "low carb" revolution...

Btw. Robert Cameron is a very funny - interesting fastlane story, too (just google him)...

The book drinking mans diet was sold 2.8 million times in only 2 years back then

The Drinking Man's Diet - Forbes.com

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Oh, and please check this out:

[video=youtube_share;2d_wxJageqw]http://youtu.be/2d_wxJageqw[/video]

[video=youtube;sSm1dWjMGeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSm1dWjMGeM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;jPsKpnu0-X4]http://youtu.be/jPsKpnu0-X4[/video]

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Excuse me for doing 3 posts in a row, but I really would like to post a link to this highly valueable post here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/mi...-principal-youve-ever-learned.html#post255540

If you decide to lose weight / go paleo / any other new positive route in your life I can highly recommend you to print out this post as it has changed my mindset when it comes to losing weight - my eating habits.

Thanks X1000 for this post!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Try it out, its really good. I was sceptical at first, too, but its very tasteful and creamy (blend until theres enough cream on top).

I'm gonna try this out. I bought the butter today. Have to wait to get the mct, but still gonna try without it. Is there anything I can use to replace it?.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm gonna try this out. I bought the butter today. Have to wait to get the mct, but still gonna try without it. Is there anything I can use to replace it?.

Coconut oil. MCT is basically concentrated coconot oil (by a high factor), so you have to take more coconut oil than MCT to achieve the same effect (fat burning etc). And MCT is tasteless, so with coconut oil theres probably a big difference.

You can also just use the butter as MCT oil is optional. (see recipe here: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ )

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Riceless, Soy-Free Sushi… Domo Arigato! | theclothesmakethegirl

Gonna try this out tomorrow. If its as good as I hope it might become a regular lunch to take to work with me

That picture just made my stomach grumble.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Had some rice free sushi the other day. It was just as good.

BTW- Down to 166 lbs, from 178 lbs just three short weeks ago. I'm feel a little small at this weight, but my six pack is almost here. I'm going to try not to dip below 165. I need to put on some more mass.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
After these past two weeks, I'm down about 7 lbs. I didn't even think I had it to lose, I just wanted to see if I would feel better. And I do. Pretty impressed thus far, excited to see the final results. I'm pretty sure I'm hooked but the final numbers will probably just drive it home even more so.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I know I already chimed in about how I LOVE paleo, but after a while on the "diet" (we paleo-ites like to call it a lifestyle...lol) you might experience better sleep. As I mentioned, I had fallen into my old eating habits for a while and was having trouble getting to sleep and waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. After about a week back on paleo, I was sleeping much better.

The thing that I like the best is that it's easy to stick to. There are just a few basic, easy-to-understand rules that don't require any counting.

Btw, if you are trying to bulk-up, do a check to see how many grams of protein you are getting. If you are trying to build muscle, it's really important to have extra protein and make sure you are getting enough calories (try 500 extra per day). I know it sucks to count them, but it's really hard to get too many calories on paleo.

I like to use this website: FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal every once in a while to check the nutrition, fat/carb/protein ratio, and calorie count of my daily intake, just to get an idea of what I am taking in. Sometimes, I feel like I ate a million calories (like a giant, giant salad) eggs, bacon, steak, etc... and then it was only like 1700 calories for the day.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
It's better if it's vitamin d3
I checked. It is D3. I am set with that for now.

No problems with the oil fish, although I have just started and already missed a day.

Same with the probiotics. Skipped a day so the next day I took two.

You can also just use the butter as MCT oil is optional.
I've tried two days without the MCT.

On Saturday morning I drank one cup of coffee with one tablespoon of butter. I thought it would be horrible, but it was actually decent. That was around 8:30 am. Went to the farmers market and then to my soccer match. The game was done by 1:30 or so. I was hungry by then and I was hungry the whole day, even after eating like crazy all day long.

I had the same coffee & butter yesterday but not for breakfast.

I took the chance and bought his expensive coffee and ordered the MCT oil from amazon. Should get those later this week. We'll see if there is any difference.

Down to 166 lbs, from 178 lbs just three short weeks ago.
Impressive. I went from 168 to 164.4 this morning. Less than one week on Paleo diet but, as you know, I've been doing Insanity since the week before.

Funny thing is, I am eating a lot. And enjoying it, especially my avocado/tomato/onion/cilantro/lemon juice 'salad' that I have to accompany my beef or chicken.

I am also having 3 scrambled eggs with ham in the mornings.

I am enjoying this.

I just wanted to see if I would feel better. And I do. Pretty impressed thus far, excited to see the final results. I'm pretty sure I'm hooked but the final numbers will probably just drive it home even more so.
I hear you. I also feel better, but maybe it is too soon to make a call. We'll see how it goes for all of us but so far so good.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Btw, if you are trying to bulk-up, do a check to see how many grams of protein you are getting. If you are trying to build muscle, it's really important to have extra protein and make sure you are getting enough calories (try 500 extra per day). I know it sucks to count them, but it's really hard to get too many calories on paleo.

When I eat, I eat. I probably get between 150-200 grams of protein a day. Just to explain my typical breakfast (Usually right after my workout around noon), yesterday I had an omelet with mostly egg whites and 2 yolks (Only because I've been eating a lot of yolks lately), with sauteed onion, pepper, spinach and kale. I also added Canadian bacon and salmon left over from the night before. Packed with protein and absolutely delicious!

And Yep, I now consider it a lifestyle. Not a Diet. I'm hooked.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm actually drinking that cup of coffee right now. I used a little coconut oil instead of the mct (Which is on order). I also added a little vanilla extract. I must say, it's pretty damn good. I might be hooked. Only problem is that I might have to skip it for breakfast. It doesn't fit in with the Intermittent Fasting.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Only problem is that I might have to skip it for breakfast. It doesn't fit in with the Intermittent Fasting.

According to Dave Asprey it does, because the coffee has 0 protein and 0 carbs in it and fat calories don't break your fast. More information here: » Introducing Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting: How to Lose Fat, Build Muscle, Stay Focused & Feel Great The Bulletproof Executive

Glad you and andviv like the coffee. Its really a good recommendation. Btw, I don't use the bulletproof coffee that he sells but instead bought a quite expensive coffee from a local roaster (he has some information on how to find good coffee on his site.. single source, wet-processed etc). I also don't use his MCT oil and bought the Now Foods MCT from Amazon. My butter is the kerrygold he recommends. Might buy my next pack of coffee from him, but shipping costs are $60 so its only worth it for a big order.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Is there a benefit to adding that stuff to your coffee vs just getting used to drinking it black?

I started drinking black coffee years ago to cut down my sugar (and I found the milk did nothing but change the color so I dropped that too). It took about a week to get over the bitterness and flavor change but I can't drink it any other way these days.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Is there a benefit to adding that stuff to your coffee vs just getting used to drinking it black?
Theag shared the link about this recipe and why to drink it, take a look at it, all the answers are there. Or google bulletproof Coffee.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
No cheese? But I love cheese!

I could never cut cheese out entirely of any diet I choose but I've found it very easy to minimize it in most meals. Making an omelet with 1/2 or even 1/4 of the normal amount of cheese still adds a TON of flavor that would otherwise go missing, for example. Also, half the stuff I would normally put cheese on aren't paleo anyway - pastas, burgers, nachos, cheese and crackers, etc...

Considering how little cheese is in my normal diet I don't particularly mind enjoying it when I get it.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I've actually been eating a decent amount of cheese - with 4% lean hamburger, omelets, deli meat/cheese, etc. I've been mostly trying to avoid carbs from pasta, wheat, etc. (anything other than Veggies).

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've actually been eating a decent amount of cheese - with 4% lean hamburger, omelets, deli meat/cheese, etc. I've been mostly trying to avoid carbs from pasta, wheat, etc. (anything other than Veggies).
How's that been working for you?
Fat loss? Muscle gain? general weight loss?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
How's that been working for you?
Fat loss? Muscle gain? general weight loss?

Actually quite well. I've lost about 16 lbs (my peak weight), and have retained most of my muscle. I've been walking about 2 miles a day, and haven't been lifting weights. However, I just picked up a full dumbbell set, and have started working out again.

I'm trying to lose the last 5-8 lbs, and it's been difficult. Getting sidetracked and eating poorly hasn't helped either. I generally take at least 1-2 meals off per week, usually on the same day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.