The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Our Kickstarter Is Live! Follow Along!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Bumpity Bump!

$345 more to go!

I see this project becoming a reality very soon! Fingers crossed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Shared it on my Facebook.

Thanks!

Getting the word out to people who would care about this has been, by far, the #1 biggest challenge so literally any additional eyeballs to the project is seriously appreciated.

I can see why people who do multiple kickstarters get subsequently more successful each time - there's a lot you learn after your first that you can apply to your second and a lot of carry-over audience that would be interested out of the gate.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
99.43%

source.gif

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
(@MJ DeMarco approved this before posting)

As many INSIDERS may know I have a pretty extensive progress thread on the inside for my new jigsaw puzzle company: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/progress-insider-bone-owl-puzzles.72873

About an hour ago we officially went live!!!

Check it out: Bone Owl Jigsaw Puzzles

View attachment 15916

It would mean the absolute world to me if you help spread the word about this project that has been almost a full year in the making.

This is easily the most ambitious project I've ever worked on and I've put a TON of time and money into making sure every aspect of this company has been considered from a quality-first standpoint. No shortcuts.

Here's a few of things that we think make this special:

- We hired artists directly to produce original, never before seen images.
- We focused on themes that are largely completely ignored in the jigsaw puzzle world.
- We found the top jigsaw puzzle factory in the USA to keep quality/consistency extremely high
- We are paying extra for thicker pieces which hold together better
- Likewise we're adding a linen texture finish which only the top puzzle companies in the world utilize. Adds a seriously nice look/feel to the pieces.
- Each piece is random cut, not ribbon cut, which is a fancy way of saying the pieces are a far more interesting shape.

In typical Gary V fashion, I've been "jab, jab, jabbing" on this forum trying to help as many people on here as possible over the years and I've never truly asked for much in return.
Now I need a "right-hook" kind of favor.

If you love puzzles - consider backing the project. The puzzles are awesome.
If you just want to help spread the word - that is also EXTREMELY helpful.

I've made a dead easy share page to take all the work out of sharing this: www.boneowl.com/pages/share

(And as always - ask any questions you have, I'm busy beyonD belief but I'll get to every question, I promise)
Congratulations!! As of this message, looks like the goal has been achieved!

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Awesomeness, congratulations man!:praise: :clap:: Celebrate it, treat yourself with something good and get back to work after ;)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well the final hours are here.

Exciting stuff!!!

Thanks everyone on this forum for supporting this project. It has been truly humbling to see so many backers come from this forum to support us.

I'll be doing a Kickstarter postmortem sometime after the project ends to reflect on things I thought worked, things I thought didn't, and overall learning experiences.

This may not be the next million dollar Kickstarter project but we hit our funding goal and can move into production with it so I'd call it a very successful first attempt at a Kickstarter project. The learning is just beginning though - so many things I still need to learn about running a stand-alone website that I can't wait to dive into.

And of course - if anyone knows anyone who may like to get in on the Kickstarter, let them know they have a few hours left before things close off. Feel free to share the project link or get in on it yourself if you like what we're doing :)

Project link: Bone Owl Jigsaw Puzzles

This has been a wild ride :)

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
@JAJT are you registered on HARO (Help a Reporter Out)? Those aren't cold leads, because reporters come to you looking for a source for their story. Just today they were looking for a small business owner having to deal with cutting costs. You could take an angle that Kickstarter was one way to cut usual start up costs (however, I'd go with a different angle, one that has more drama; like have you had to give something up significant?)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I was not. I meant to get into HARO but instead spent a lot of time and effort on individual press efforts of me reaching out.

It was on my list but somehow got forgotten in the hustle and bustle. Certainly would be more organized the next time around.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Congrats on your Kickstarter campaign. This was a really fun thread to read, and informative. Thanks for sharing. We are currently beta testing a game, but plan to do a kickstarter campaign in a few months hopefully. This was very useful. Plus your puzzles look great. Congrats!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.