The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Follow Along As I Build A 6 Figure Copywriting Empire From Scratch

Marketing, social media, advertising

Stephanie Simon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,700%
Jul 11, 2015
Hey, guys.

Earlier this year, I was broke and unemployed and living with my parents again (at the age of 26). I had had a series of different jobs prior to that in social media marketing, but I wasn't crazy about the field. So I left my job, moved back in with the parents in San Antonio, Texas (ugh) and tried to figure out my next move.

That's when I discovered this forum.

I came across this awesome thread on here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...edback-no-portfolio.58837/page-19#post-471794

It inspired me to explore freelance copywriting, and I followed it to a 'T'. I was able to land my first clients within 48 hours of applying and they were paying me double the hourly rate that I had been making doing social media.

I learned to love copywriting and now I've been freelancing in that industry for about 5 months now. After my initial upwork clients, I decided to uproot myself to Chiang Mai, Thailand. I've been living here since August, mostly because the community here is fantastic and the cost of living is cheaper. This makes it possible for me to focus on my business without worrying about feeding myself.

I've decided to take my copywriting game to the next level. Freelancing is nice, but it's feast or famine. Luckily, I'm constantly eating Pad Thai that costs as much as much as pack of gum in the states...but I wouldn't mind a little more consistency.

Since a follow along on this site is what inspired me to get into copywriting in the first place, I've decided I'd like to add my own follow along with hopes that a) I'll stay accountable to public goals that I make b) I'll be able to take advantage of great advice from people who can help c) When I reach my goals, hopefully a newbie can read MY thread and find similar value, as I once found.

Here is my goal thus far: To generate $10,000.00 a month through my copywriting brand.

I know this could mean ALOT of things. I've come up with a relatively strange hybrid of slow lane/fast lane that I'm thinking of trying. (Unless, of course, someone reads my thread and suggests a much better strategy that I like.)

The plan: Create a high ticket offer that I can sell through a very targeted sales funnel. Roughly it will look like this:

Facebook Ads ---> Webinar Sign UP----> Sales Call----> Close the client.

In the beginning though, I don't really have a ton of money for facebook ads, so I'm thinking I might have to rely on some guestblogging and valuable youtube content to drive traffic to this funnel. Perhaps even just create some kind of awesome lead magnet.

First steps:

* I've gone ahead and claimed stephaniesimon.me, right now there is fake site up as a place holder. I need to go in and change the copy, etc. I claimed this site because I need a hub for my personal brand, and so I went with my name.

* I also registered thecuriouscopywriter.com. This will just serve as my copywriting blog/youtube channel. Not sure yet if I want to create my funnel on this site, or on my personal site. Will need to think about that. What are your thoughts?

My next step will be researching my target market and their pain points. I'll use this information to plan my webinar/craft my lead magnet. I want to find out as much as I can. I'm thinking I'd like to target solopreneurs trying to establish their own personal brands. I'd like to provide a high ticket offer that solves all their copywriting/email marketing needs. My specialty is autoresponder campaigns and writing content.

I know this is trading time for money, so technically not fastlane. That being said, I'm open to fastlane suggestions!

This is how I plan on researching:

- Surfing relevant Facebook Groups.
- Finding freelancers that have serviced this demographic and reaching out to their customers and asking them WHY they hired said freelancer to take care of their copywriting needs.
- Quora browsing

Once I'm done, I'll create a customer avatar and I'll use that to help my targeting efforts.

For the rest of the month of December, I'll just be throwing up basic landing pages on both sites, and doing market research.

January, after my foundations are laid and I know my target customer inside and out, I'll take the month of January to nail/build out my lead magnet. Whatever that will be.

Thanks for reading guys, and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Best,

Stephanie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

SINA AWOYEMI

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 25, 2015
Hey, guys.

Earlier this year, I was broke and unemployed and living with my parents again (at the age of 26). I had had a series of different jobs prior to that in social media marketing, but I wasn't crazy about the field. So I left my job, moved back in with the parents in San Antonio, Texas (ugh) and tried to figure out my next move.

That's when I discovered this forum.

I came across this awesome thread on here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...edback-no-portfolio.58837/page-19#post-471794

It inspired me to explore freelance copywriting, and I followed it to a 'T'. I was able to land my first clients within 48 hours of applying and they were paying me double the hourly rate that I had been making doing social media.

I learned to love copywriting and now I've been freelancing in that industry for about 5 months now. After my initial upwork clients, I decided to uproot myself to Chiang Mai, Thailand. I've been living here since August, mostly because the community here is fantastic and the cost of living is cheaper. This makes it possible for me to focus on my business without worrying about feeding myself.

I've decided to take my copywriting game to the next level. Freelancing is nice, but it's feast or famine. Luckily, I'm constantly eating Pad Thai that costs as much as much as pack of gum in the states...but I wouldn't mind a little more consistency.

Since a follow along on this site is what inspired me to get into copywriting in the first place, I've decided I'd like to add my own follow along with hopes that a) I'll stay accountable to public goals that I make b) I'll be able to take advantage of great advice from people who can help c) When I reach my goals, hopefully a newbie can read MY thread and find similar value, as I once found.

Here is my goal thus far: To generate $10,000.00 a month through my copywriting brand.

I know this could mean ALOT of things. I've come up with a relatively strange hybrid of slow lane/fast lane that I'm thinking of trying. (Unless, of course, someone reads my thread and suggests a much better strategy that I like.)

The plan: Create a high ticket offer that I can sell through a very targeted sales funnel. Roughly it will look like this:

Facebook Ads ---> Webinar Sign UP----> Sales Call----> Close the client.

In the beginning though, I don't really have a ton of money for facebook ads, so I'm thinking I might have to rely on some guestblogging and valuable youtube content to drive traffic to this funnel. Perhaps even just create some kind of awesome lead magnet.

First steps:

* I've gone ahead and claimed stephaniesimon.me, right now there is fake site up as a place holder. I need to go in and change the copy, etc. I claimed this site because I need a hub for my personal brand, and so I went with my name.

* I also registered thecuriouscopywriter.com. This will just serve as my copywriting blog/youtube channel. Not sure yet if I want to create my funnel on this site, or on my personal site. Will need to think about that. What are your thoughts?

My next step will be researching my target market and their pain points. I'll use this information to plan my webinar/craft my lead magnet. I want to find out as much as I can. I'm thinking I'd like to target solopreneurs trying to establish their own personal brands. I'd like to provide a high ticket offer that solves all their copywriting/email marketing needs. My specialty is autoresponder campaigns and writing content.

I know this is trading time for money, so technically not fastlane. That being said, I'm open to fastlane suggestions!

This is how I plan on researching:

- Surfing relevant Facebook Groups.
- Finding freelancers that have serviced this demographic and reaching out to their customers and asking them WHY they hired said freelancer to take care of their copywriting needs.
- Quora browsing

Once I'm done, I'll create a customer avatar and I'll use that to help my targeting efforts.

For the rest of the month of December, I'll just be throwing up basic landing pages on both sites, and doing market research.

January, after my foundations are laid and I know my target customer inside and out, I'll take the month of January to nail/build out my lead magnet. Whatever that will be.

Thanks for reading guys, and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Best,

Stephanie

Thank you very much.I am Sina from Nigeria here in West Africa.please I have been trying to get someone who can hold me by the hands and guide me into the world of copywriting on a very practical and realistic way.please can you help, i am desperately in need of help as this is my main 2016 goal.Thank you.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you very much.I am Sina from Nigeria here in West Africa.please I have been trying to get someone who can hold me by the hands and guide me into the world of copywriting on a very practical and realistic way.please can you help, i am desperately in need of help as this is my main 2016 goal.Thank you.
I've removed your email for privacy concerns.

You don't need anybody to hold your hand. There is so much information on this forum that will guide you.

Start here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ith-no-degree-no-feedback-no-portfolio.58837/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...e-money-copywriting-in-15-days-or-less.59465/

Then search for "copywriting" in the search bar above.

Or just click on this... [HASHTAG]#copywriting[/HASHTAG]

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey, guys.

It inspired me to explore freelance copywriting, and I followed it to a 'T'. I was able to land my first clients within 48 hours
@SinisterLex - Changing lives again with his threads!

You're about the fifth person I've came across this month living in/going to live in Chiang Mai! I've been torn between going there or Boulder, CO again.

Here's an experience of mine that I feel parallels your path.

1. I've been helping others through NLP for almost 2 years now. My first 'clients', I helped out for free to build the skills.
  2. After getting proficient with that, I began teaching others how to do NLP one on one.
  3. Once I did both of those things, I took the lessons I was teaching (and repeating to people over and over again) and recorded videos/training guides on those topics, and put it together as an information product.
Now, I can still do NLP coaching on-on-one, and for those interested in learning themselves, I have a course that can help them out.

Perhaps you can do something similar.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
I'm really interested in the market of people looking to hire copywriters. I'm skeptical if it's big enough for you to hit your goals

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Join the Cult of Copywriting Facebook group.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.