Hey guys,
I have an opportunity to buy a local B&M business. It's a concept that has a TON of potential for franchising as well as other growth. It would probably require me to quit my job and do this full-time (so I need at least $4k/mo from it to live on)
I haven't reviewed detailed financials yet (and have a call with the bank scheduled), but here's what I know.
Current annual revenue = $850k with pre-tax owner compensation =< $150k.
Assets = $200k, and debt will be paid off by purchase price.
Asking price = $575k for the business based on a valuation they had done a few years ago.
I started running the numbers and can't seem to make it work. A $500k loan for 5 years would mean ~$110k/yr in debt repayment - leaving $40k pre-tax.
I have someone with more money interested in possibly partnering on it, or could potentially get seller-financing and/or only buy a majority share in the business.
What do you guys think???? How could I make this deal work?
I have an opportunity to buy a local B&M business. It's a concept that has a TON of potential for franchising as well as other growth. It would probably require me to quit my job and do this full-time (so I need at least $4k/mo from it to live on)
I haven't reviewed detailed financials yet (and have a call with the bank scheduled), but here's what I know.
Current annual revenue = $850k with pre-tax owner compensation =< $150k.
Assets = $200k, and debt will be paid off by purchase price.
Asking price = $575k for the business based on a valuation they had done a few years ago.
I started running the numbers and can't seem to make it work. A $500k loan for 5 years would mean ~$110k/yr in debt repayment - leaving $40k pre-tax.
I have someone with more money interested in possibly partnering on it, or could potentially get seller-financing and/or only buy a majority share in the business.
What do you guys think???? How could I make this deal work?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
