The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oooh Hey Lookie Who's There!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I thought this was interesting since seriously, I really haven't sold that many books.

T. Harv Eker
Ray Lucia
Dave Ramsey
Napolean Hill
Jane Bryant Quinn
Suze Orman
Ken Fisher ...

And who's that?

Ha .. Me!

What a dream come true, just to show up! Yes, my expectations are low, but nothing wrong with shootin for the stars!

amazon.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Now you know why I bought the book directly from Amazon (I figured it was easier for them to track numbers they get through their ordering system, and every little bit helps).

Seems like I'm not the only one. WOW! :)

HUGE congratulations, MJ.

You deserve it. :hurray:

-Russ H.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now you know why I bought the book directly from Amazon.

HUGE congratulations, MJ.

You deserve it. :hurray:

-Russ H.

It makes me wonder where I'd be if I haven't diverted most sales to my publisher website. That was one of my questions I had for established authors to which I failed to get the right answer. Perhaps I should have sent everyone to Amazon instead of Viperion ... ahhh the process of failure and wisdom ... enjoying the roadtrip!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Hey let's watch your book move up the list. :)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
It makes me wonder where I'd be if I haven't diverted most sales to my publisher website. That was one of my questions I had for established authors to which I failed to get the right answer. Perhaps I should have sent everyone to Amazon instead of Viperion ... ahhh the process of failure and wisdom ... enjoying the roadtrip!

Now you can offer a free one hour live Q&A conference call to everyone who buys 5 copies via Amazon... that oughta jet you up the list, just in time for Xmas ;)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Glad you're enjoying the ride. :D

This may be too personal a q, but I was thinking that you might make more money thru direct sales @ Viperion?

My main reason for buying the book was to get you the revenue (since I was eligible for a free copy)-- but the secondary reason I chose amazon was to get you in their stats.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey let's watch your book move up the list. :)

Rem-

I've had a few buddies w/books on amazon, and the highest ("peak") sales they had were usually in the first few weeks.

I'm not saying MJ's book will do that-- but it's a pretty established stat'-- since the huge initial order (when the book first ships) is actually an accumulation of all the pre-orders.

But I do look forward to watching-- being in the "Top 100" in Personal Finance books for ANY period of time on Amazon is flat out amazing.

Kudos again, MJ. Something to share w/your parents (or whomever it is in your life that would be proud of you for such an accomplishment). :)

-Russ H.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
My main reason for buying the book was to get you the revenue (since I was eligible for a free copy)-- but the secondary reason I chose amazon was to get you in their stats.

MJ, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that affiliate commissions on Amazon come out of Amazon's share and not the publishers. Which means that if you were to put your affiliate links on the traffic you are sending to Amazon to buy your book, you'd be getting an extra 8% (plus 8% of all other sales that are made when people buy your book).

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think I should simply order one from Amazon and then donate it to my local library... congrats on that accomplishment.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Glad you're enjoying the ride. :D

This may be too personal a q, but I was thinking that you might make more money thru direct sales @ Viperion?

-Russ H.

Just out of curiousity, what did you have to do to be eligible for the free copy? Ive seen that mentioned a few times but I wasnt sure what the credentials were to be eligible? (For the record, I would have bought the book a hundred times whether I was eligible or not, I was just wondering). :)

We're going to make your book move up the ladder for ya MJ! :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not saying MJ's book will do that-- but it's a pretty established stat'-- since the huge initial order (when the book first ships) is actually an accumulation of all the pre-orders.

I haven't done any marketing yet which is why it is a little bit confusing and the pre-orders mostly were processed via Viperion, not Amazon.

Ive seen that mentioned a few times but I wasnt sure what the credentials were to be eligible?

The first 50 forum registrants who are still active ... Russ was in that group!

but I was thinking that you might make more money thru direct sales @ Viperion?

Yes, I make 50% more via the publisher site ... but since volume is more important than making $$, it looks like I should have pushed the Amazon distribution system from the start -- that is how I would get picked up and into book stores.

G

Guest3722A

Personally, I think the cover looks awesome in that list and has that greatest books of all time look to it.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I wouldn't be surprise if they try to ask you for an interview MJ like Robert.KT, among the 'Rich And Famous' ;). Damn!! If only I held off a little bit longer, than I would of bought the book for $15.48 lol. Hey if you noticed the Aussie dollar is almost level at $1 a piece with the U.S. I wonder if we can invest into the U.S dollars and wait for it to BOOM!! (Probably not by much)??

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY

well i appreciate it MJ because as soon as i finish my lead gen site, i was going to start my book, well now i know to sell it through amazon hahah jk

Congratulations

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Top ten!!!

Number 7

I must have missed it cuz now it's in the 70's again ... next time anyone sees it in the top ten, can you take a screenshot? Thx, I'd like to frame my 15 seconds of fame. =)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I must have missed it cuz now it's in the 70's again ... next time anyone sees it in the top ten, can you take a screenshot? Thx, I'd like to frame my 15 seconds of fame. =)

There are two different lists going here.

It was number 7 in personal finance new releases, but in the 70's for bestsellers in regular personal finance.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Here ya go, MJ:

I have it in 800 pixel resolution, if you need it.

#6-- Woo hoo! :banana:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
More screen shots (close ups):

-Russ H.

G

Guest3722A

I'd like to frame my 15 seconds of fame. =)

I understand shoot big but expect small, but just as a very humble suggestion, maybe practicing up on some interviewing techniques right now may not be such a bad idea. You never know if one day in the next year or two you might get a call from some tv network wanting to interview you.

I know I'm crazy, but I don't thing this thought is as crazy. Ya never never know...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.