The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person closest to you."
(Mother Theresa)

Every year I help a niece or nephew study for their Leaving Cert Maths exams.
  • I can't meet in person now so am looking at how to do it remotely.
  • I'll have to do some lesson quick as she's getting behind and starting to panic.
  • Ideally I record the lessons so can point other people to them.

Here's a short video I created a few years ago:
  • Maths Exam Tips
  • I don't want to do a flipchart video as it's a pain setting up the flipchart, the phone to record, and the lapel mic.
  • I don't need to be in the video anyway.
  • For the video above I spent a lot of time editing it (mostly because I was new to recording videos and didn't think about doing "takes").

I don't need or want to charge for the videos. I'll just post them to YouTube and Facebook and hopefully help the youngsters in Ireland (and beyond?).

The skills I learn trying to "help the person closest to me" could well be used to:
  • Provide a paid service to other teaching/tutoring businesses.
  • Build a paid tutoring/courses business in different subjects (Excel, Google Ads, etc).

I'll also have a look at this:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi Andy,

When I work with students online, I use Skype (Zoom is very popular for online collaboration at the moment!)

Skype allows you to share your screen, so you can do that while giving a visual walkthrough if you have a whiteboard on your screen (it could be as simple as a blank page in MS paint, or you could even use some kind of stylus with a tablet if you would rather write by hand than use the mouse).

You could ask your niece/nephew to record the screen & audio while you write out and explain the lesson, and then you would have the video for later reference. I have not looked into this tool extensively, but it could work as a free screen recorder for Windows:

There are also interactive whiteboard sharing sites you can use, so that you can write something and then ask your student to solve, allowing you to collaborate in real time. I forget the name as I have not used them in a while, but they are out there!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.