The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Old friend hit me up with stunning news $$$$$

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I wasn't sure where to put this so decided to place into the relationship forum because it all revolves around friendship.

Ten years around this time I first got into Bitcoin when it was really low, below $5. I wish I could say I had some foresight, but in the end it was to fund my poker account. I ran through a lot of BTC for about a year, gambling, trading and even giving away. I forgot about it as I was living abroad making great cash and having the time of my life after giving a second chance in my late 30s. When it hit 1k in 2013, I was a little shocked but I had a little and just held it because it was so fricking hard to get cash back in the early days. Unless you had solid relationships you had to meet someone in the real world at a cafe or something and do a transfer, there was a website to find traders all over the world.

I played poker a lot on a BTC site called Seals with Clubs. I was also on this poker forum that had a poker room hooked up to it and had like 50 poker buddies we would all talk in chat daily. The amount of trading, giving and taking was pretty immense back in that day. I remember some 500 dollar pots with 100 BTC that would be just under 5 million in todays prices.

After I was using BTC for a few years and when was at around 150 I had a big win and was feeling very generous. My friend Carlos busted out and was bummed and I had like 7.5k of this BTC which still felt like funny money and I gave him 1 coin as a gift. He ended up losing it within an hour and even though was worth 150 at the time we both laughed as I was so flush with the stuff.

Time went by with Carlos and I losing touch but reconnected like once every two years. In 2017, I owned my own BTC fueled poker room. Sadly I had to scuttle the project due to life issues and I can say if I keep it I'd probably be worth over 100 million but that is a different story. Carlos came by the poker room to play and this was the last time I talked with him until very recently.

I got a mail from Carlos asking me if I had a wallet for BTC, ETH, and LTC, saying nothing else in the mail. I was told him I had a BTC wallet over at my old Coinbase account that I had not been using, let me double check. Well, two things happened here. I had a few crumbs of BTC in there :). Wasnt like, quit the day job if I had one type, but a nice bonus. The reason I never checked is I thought I drained it back in 2017 and I also developed an I frigging hate crypto attitude due to the fact I've squandered 100's upon 100's of BTC, in addition to shutting my poker room down when in baby-traction. Dont even ask me about the computer I lost that had a fully loaded BTC wallet back in 2014.

The second thing that happened was about three days later Carlos got back and said check your account. I was like okay, thinking he is trolling me and would send like 10 bucks. Well, I almost flew out of my chair. I had one tenth of a BTC, one tenth of a ETH, and 1 Litecoin in my account. At todays prices this is like $5400ish.

I wrote back and was like OMG, what is this??? He got back and told me "Remember that 1 BTC at $150 you gave me, this is payback plus interest. If it was not for you I would of never got into crypto and now Im worth over 10 million and Im spreading the love. All I ask is you take $500 and pass the joy."

What an amazing gift! Since I'm now doing a lot of Internet marketing and no longer gamble the coin will be put to great use. I still haven't decided what to do with the $500. I'm not gonna give to any old poker degen friends as I know what would happen. Im thinking of doing a $500 business start-up challenge to a person in a developing country as I know that will go incredibly far. I just have to make sure I don't get ripped off and need to structure it correctly.

While life has been tough lately for many reasons it's always amazing to get reminded how amazing great friendships are and that one day something crazy can happen to you for something good you did for someone in the past.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I imagine there are a lot of regrets in the crypto world from those early adopters who once owned 1000 BTC and blew it all on pizzas and "all in" bluffs at the poker table.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I imagine there are a lot of regrets in the crypto world from those early adopters who once owned 1000 BTC and blew it all on pizzas and "all in" bluffs at the poker table.

Quite a few, while I was probably limited to 100 coin bluff losses which still causes me pain, I know one dude who got in under one dollar and suffered 1000 plus coin pot losses. He is broke now, degening small stake pokers online and makes like 12 an hour.

The main pizza guy looks like came out okay even though spent 100k coins on pizza back in the day.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
an old friend of mine was heavy into silk road for purchasing drugs like lsd and cocaine back in like 2012?
He would routinely pump in hundreds of dollars into BTC back then to fulfill his orders, but obviously kept none of it.

Oh well.

mjbarlow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 17, 2021
UK
Good on your friend for doing that. The thing I've learned since getting into crypto speculation is never to sell it all.

It's great to cash out any gains at highs if you think the market is gonna tumble. If it doesn't do this you still have skin in the game when the price keeps rising.

Keep searching your old usbs and drives maybe you will come across some more crypto crumbs! :D

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Good on your friend for doing that. The thing I've learned since getting into crypto speculation is never to sell it all.

It's great to cash out any gains at highs if you think the market is gonna tumble. If it doesn't do this you still have skin in the game when the price keeps rising.

Keep searching your old usbs and drives maybe you will come across some more crypto crumbs! :D
Yes, holding is the way to go, if I just would of ten year time capsuled a 100 coins and forgot about lol.

I never used USBs so was on a few computers. I keep them all even the dead ones, but the one I lost in 2014 in Colombia when I left. Probably ended up in a landfill. I love how so many people have crumbs out there and once-in-awhile you hear a success story that is amazing.
Going through my old wallets from 2013-2014 is a truly humbling experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yah man is crazy huh. I only have access to my Coinbase, but can go back to when I had all my business funds in crypto in 2017 on there and I just chuckle.

Might I suggest buying a deserving member of the Fastlane Fam an INSIDERS subscription?
This is an outstanding idea. I did whip a small business boost plan but it didnt sit well with me as Im getting super busy with a bunch of deals and just feel there is all sorts of way facilitating the giveaway and follow-up could go sideways and that is a road I dont want to open up to, but giving a subscription is super easy, a valuable thing to receive and will get me to finally buy mine :). Ill roll some ideas in my head to find the most deserving. Maybe they could tell their story and the most reactions wins? Any suggestions to figure out are welcome.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Maybe they could tell their story and the most reactions wins?
Sorry I missed this. That's a good idea. I've seen people post a thread like that. Or, if there is someone who you think is really hustling and can benefit, you can just pick them. Honestly, I don't really remember the details, but @MJ DeMarco made it easy to gift.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Sorry I missed this. That's a good idea. I've seen people post a thread like that. Or, if there is someone who you think is really hustling and can benefit, you can just pick them. Honestly, I don't really remember the details, but @MJ DeMarco made it easy to gift.

I'm still working on it, but yah will keep it simple like that and plan on buying mine at the same time as the whoever gets the subscription. Before I do this I need to get qualified myself to be an INSIDERS and read Unscripted . I just ordered it tonight and it will be my September book of the month. As to why took so long is a mystery, but very excited to read it and find my way into the INSIDERS Forum, heard some great stuff going on in there.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Im reminded today about the volatility of crypto when woke up almost 20% down across the board, had a little rally back but probably down like 12% to 15% on the day with my coin collection. Decided to buy 2 alt coins both at the 20% dip so will see how rolling the dice goes.

I did get this amazing looking book in the mail, looking forward to reading this for my September book of the month.

Attachments

• IMG_20210907_183045991.jpg
    IMG_20210907_183045991.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 0

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Have read Unscripted and picked up my INSIDERS subscription. Gonna spend a bunch of time reading threads in there while I think of how Im going to do my INSIDERS sub giveaway.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Welcome to the insides. I like you more already. :)

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I'm so glad I joined the INSIDERS, has brought me beyond immense value in the first month, looking forwarding to starting an process/execution thread there in the near future. I have not forgot about my giveaway. Im in the middle of hosting four events in under 30 days including a complex national name rap show, so Im a little backed up but setting the goal to put the thread out there for the giveaway by 11/15 and to have a winner by 12/15.

As for my crypto journey, I ended up liquidating my Coinbase account as became a huge distraction. I still have crypto but in wallets and that has stopped me from checking the charts OCD style, which is a problem I have and the effects are something I don't prefer, kinda like too much social media. Keeping both crypto price intake and social media to the minimum has done wonders and will keep it up as trying to filter nonsense out.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
@MJ DeMarco I'm almost ready for this giveaway. Is there way for me to just buy the one year INSIDERS subscription, than find the winner and than assign without there being a renewel on it as only have ability for a one time purchase. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.