The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not yet in the wheelchair...

Gaudeamus

Three yards and a cloud of dust
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan
I am 54 years old, and I realize that makes me an outsider in this forum and perhaps – who knows? – even the oldest contributor. I mean, MJ writes in his book that the fastlane has the purpose of being able to experience real wealth when one is young and fit, and not have to wait until one is in his fifties or sixties… I am a good example of a life-long slowlaner, having tried for all my life to fulfil the expectations of the slowlane creed. In between I had my attempts to break out, but they were feeble and lacked conviction and commitment.

Having said that, I love MJ’s book, and after reading it and studying t, I said to myself, what the heck, I am still healthy and fit, I feel young, why not start over now? And why not become an example that the fastlane can provide a roadmap out of wage slavery and into real wealth – family, fitness, and freedom – even for the “elderly?”

What resonated deeply with me were MJ’s explanations of the concepts of responsibility and accountability. I recognized that I assumed responsibility all the time without holding myself accountable. I intend to change that.

One other thing that really impressed me is the concept of “don’t follow your passion, follow the process.” Cool! How liberating that is.

Soooooo… I intend to switch to the fastlane. I am not yet sure how I wlll proceed, but after reading through a couple of great threads I have the feeling that this forum will help me focus on the essentials, get off my butt and start engaging with the world, but on different terms than my slowlane life so far. I will report. And I hope that someday I will be able to give something back to this forum and all the people who make it such a treasure of practical wisdom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome and congratulations on seeing the light. I think you will find there are quite a few of us that are 40+ here and, by today's standard, at 54 you may well be only 1/2 way through your life. That is a lot of time left to enjoy the rewards of your entrepreneurial labour.

I'm sure at your age you have learnt plenty of life's lessons that many of us will benefit from so you don't have to wait till someday, you can give something back any time you feel the need to share. In fact here is a perfect opportunity:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-best-piece-of-advice-youve-been-given.59027/

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
It's beginning to sound like the old farts club. :pompus:

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
"The founders of McDonald's, Coca Cola, and Kentucky Fried Chicken were all over 50 when they established their businesses."

That would be:

1. Ray Kroc (age 52)
2. John S. Pemberton (age 55)
3. Colonel Harland David Sanders (age 65)

"...one in three new businesses in the US were started by an entrepreneur age 50 or older. Those aged 55-64 in the US have actually had the highest rate of entrepreneurial activity in the last 10 years."

http://www.businessinsider.com/entrepreneurs-over-50-2014-11

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
......Welcome...lots of us golden oldies here but only the select few of us that care to acknowledge it.......Lol
Think of potentially financial freedom within 5 yrs using fastlane strategy. IMO.....That's not bad at any age! Wishing you success Regards timmy

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I believe there is a member in his 70s.

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida

Gaudeamus

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan
Welcome and congratulations on seeing the light. I think you will find there are quite a few of us that are 40+ here and, by today's standard, at 54 you may well be only 1/2 way through your life. That is a lot of time left to enjoy the rewards of your entrepreneurial labour.

I'm sure at your age you have learnt plenty of life's lessons that many of us will benefit from so you don't have to wait till someday, you can give something back any time you feel the need to share. In fact here is a perfect opportunity:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-best-piece-of-advice-youve-been-given.59027/

Thanks for the suggestion and the link! Yes, I intend to contribute actively and not just stay on the sidelines.

Gaudeamus

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan
......Welcome...lots of us golden oldies here but only the select few of us that care to acknowledge it.......Lol
Think of potentially financial freedom within 5 yrs using fastlane strategy. IMO.....That's not bad at any age! Wishing you success Regards timmy

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! Yes. financial freedom is my goal, and reaching it in 5 years gets my juices flowing. :rockon:

Gaudeamus

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
I'm 54 as well. I'm just getting started -- better late to the party than spending the best years in the slow lane.

Out of destruction rises opportunity. Never, ever give up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...