The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST piece of advice you've been given?

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
1. Write down who you want to become. Take the actions the guy you described on paper would take.
2. Your "feelings" are meaningless to success. Never let how you "feel" dictate what you do. Take action first and that will make you "feel" good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
The money is not in new and exciting stuff. those industries get a swarm of new guys and competitive guys where it all becomes a brutal race to the bottom. Yeah, that industry might change the world but only a handful of guys get something out of it.

The money is in old boring stuff.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
The money is not in new and exciting stuff. those industries get a swarm of new guys and competitive guys where it all becomes a brutal race to the bottom. Yeah, that industry might change the world but only a handful of guys get something out of it.

The money is in old boring stuff.

This is phenomenal advice!!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
If you've gotten comfortable doing something, you've been doing it for too long.

That made me start pushing further.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Generally speaking, do the most valuable thing first. Write a list of things that need to be done and do the one thing that will give you the biggest return on the investment of your time. Procrastinate on doing the little things that won't make a big difference in your life, because you'll never get everything done that could be done.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I'm listening to The ONE Thing right now. I haven't finished it, but this is what I have gotten from it so far...

Focus on ONE thing at a time.

You can identify "The ONE Thing" by asking yourself questions...

E.G. "What's the ONE thing that I can do to ____ ?"

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
If your wife or girlfriend is talking and you zone out, and she suddenly says," ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!?!"
Calmly say, "of course I am listening, I just don't see where you are going with this."

BEST. ADVICE. EVER.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Mind your own business and focus on the goal. Why ? It's quite obvious if you're paying attention to everyone else and what they're doing, saying, or the drama they're trying to drag you into, you're wasting time, not focused, and not reaching your goal. Let other people worry about themselves.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
don't stop.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
And, I don't believe in drop shippers because I want to corner a market, and drop shippers by definition are available to anyone. Find an angle, a supplier that doesn't do eCommerce today, or some reason for existence. You have to find a need a fill it. Don't open a store for the sake of opening a store... I did that before and it didn't work. Until you find a REASON for existing - a reason people would buy from you - don't do it.

My daughter had written on her white board "Find your place to stand and move the world..."

Found the quoted post last year while scouring
the forum in my free time.

Purpose
Value
need

All makes sense to me now.

Frankly I'm not sure how I will move the world... but a pebble looks doable lol.

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
Even if you go to school and work a 50 hours a week on top of it, don't use that as an excuse to procrastinate on your dreams.

Rayray4546

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 21, 2016
Behind your feelings there is nothing. Behind your principal there is a promise. -Eric Thomas

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.