The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Noah Kagan (Videos, Courses, More)

Guru

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
The latest course I took was Noah Kagan's Monthly 1k Course

The cost of it is $100

I purchased it because I love Noah's stance on product validation and keeping everything simple, and wanted to learn more.

The thing that made this a no brainer for me was, after watching a few of Noah's youtube videos, it's pretty clear he knows what he's talking about. Obviously he's running a $100 Million dollar company.

The course is quite old and was recorded i believe 6-8 years ago not sure, but in my personal opinion I learned a ton from taking it and I wish it was the first bit of information I gave myself before I went spending thousands of dollars on business ideas when I could've just done the minimum viable product method and saved tons of time and money.

It's clearly not made for seasoned entrepreneurs or people who've already achieved success. It's super actionable for people like myself that started not long ago

In my opinion - Noah is super legit, course is worth the money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think Noah Kagan is the most legit guru out there as he "gurus" while running a 9-figure company.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think Noah Kagan is the most legit guru out there as he "gurus" while running a 9-figure company.
Yeah, I like Noah.

Two others I think are legit are Alex Hormozi (his podcasts are great) and Gary V (as he’s built a large agency even though he does talk a lot).

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
He seems like a cool dude, I listened to him on my first million podcast and liked it, he talked about tweaking how he wrote the emails to be more out there and funny and how it changed the conversion rate drastically.

If I remember the story correctly he was living with a copywriter and he had a boring type face product to sell, the copywriter said let me write the email.

He wrote the email in the most I think sexual way possible or at least comical way and they broke their sales record with what he thought was one of the most boring products he had to promote.

After that the copywriter wrote every email and people were signing up, sharing them and opening them just because the writing was so good.

Then what really impressed me was how he talked about how he runs the company now, he was really able to transition from running a scrappy startup to massive company well.

Yeah, I like Noah.

Two others I think are legit are Alex Hormozi (his podcasts are great) and Gary V (as he’s built a large agency even though he does talk a lot).

Hormozi is another must listen on MFM

He comes across as both naturally really gifted in sales and business and also very good at learning and executing. His wife is a killer at executing too, the dream team.

Interestingly he was coached by russel Brunson, that’s how he really grew his business. He had a couple gyms and russel signed him up for his highest tier coaching program and they took him from running gyms to coaching gym owners.

I don’t like Gary but he is very good at promoting himself. Can’t knock what he’s done, I’d put him in with Grant Cardone except I actually like Grant. Good at promoting themselves and good at making money off of that.

Last edited:

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria

The cost of it is $100

I purchased it because I love Noah's stance on product validation and keeping everything simple, and wanted to learn more.

The thing that made this a no brainer for me was, after watching a few of Noah's youtube videos, it's pretty clear he knows what he's talking about. Obviously he's running a $100 Million dollar company.

The course is quite old and was recorded i believe 6-8 years ago not sure, but in my personal opinion I learned a ton from taking it and I wish it was the first bit of information I gave myself before I went spending thousands of dollars on business ideas when I could've just done the minimum viable product method and saved tons of time and money.

It's clearly not made for seasoned entrepreneurs or people who've already achieved success. It's super actionable for people like myself that started not long ago

Great dude. Wow, I never knew he had a course.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

The cost of it is $100

I’ve also just bought and went through 60% of the course. It has joined the long list of courses I have bought to study my competition.

Imo, this course is only good if you’re an absolute beginner. Then it will help you, but you’ll probably get the same sort of help by studying Steve Blank or Eric Ries and the Lean Methodology for a fraction of the $600 tag with which it was initially sold for. Kudos though for being fun and entertaining to listen/ go through, which Eric Ries and Steve Blank are definitely NOT!

Also, if you think asking a stranger to take a photo of you or doing 100 pushups in a supermarket is a “challenge” or will help you in business o_O lol

If you’ve started any sort of business before or have studied the Lean Methodology then this would be pretty much useless for you.

I also take great joy out of reading the comments of “hurr hurr he built a 9-figure company, therefore legit”… no wonder the coaching market is filled with many low quality products when people think this way. The amount of money that Noah has personally made is of no importance or relevance to the quality of the course. The quality of the course is judged by one thing only: how much money have the people he has coached made?

I made $0 doing physical product ecommerce for example… but I’ve coached 4 people who, using that knowledge have made $1M+ revenues for themselves. I take it as a mark of shame for a coach, even when coaching other coaches, to have made more money than they have combined. That means there is a serious problem with his training and or coaching, and it’s being sold off the basis of his credibility… which is what gurus do. They sell a product not based on the merits of the product, but based on other things: they own a lamborghini, they made billions of dollars blah blah. It’s all irrelevant. What are the customer results? That’s all that matters.

Being able to get results for yourself and being able to teach others how to get results for themselves are two different things. Most of the good practitioners are actually bad teachers (not saying this is the case for Noah, just a general observation).

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I also take great joy out of reading the comments of “hurr hurr he built a 9-figure company, therefore legit”… no wonder the coaching market is filled with many low quality products when people think this way. The amount of money that Noah has personally made is of no importance or relevance to the quality of the course. The quality of the course is judged by one thing only: how much money have the people he has coached made?

That's a very good point. It's sort of like judging the skills of a sports coach through his sports career. Not every pro athlete is a good coach. When you hire one, you want the coach to be an excellent coach first and foremost, not necessarily the world's best athlete.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Imo, this course is only good if you’re an absolute beginner. Then it will help you, but you’ll probably get the same sort of help by studying Steve Blank or Eric Ries and the Lean Methodology for a fraction of the $600 tag with which it was initially sold for. Kudos though for being fun and entertaining to listen/ go through, which Eric Ries and Steve Blank are definitely NOT!
Thanks for mentioning those guys.. i'll check them out

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I came to write an update about Noah Kagan’s course as I have finished going through all of it now.

All my prior comments stand unmoved, with one exception. Noah’s approach to sales is very good - he shares it in a bonus video at the end of the course. That is perhaps the best thing in there, so don’t miss it.

Here’s a summary of his sales approach:

But the video there is a lot more detailed and meaningful.

Diego Liu

Don't worry, NOBODY CARES
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Apr 23, 2020
Taiwan

I made $0 doing physical product ecommerce for example… but I’ve coached 4 people who, using that knowledge have made $1M+ revenues for themselves. I take it as a mark of shame for a coach, even when coaching other coaches, to have made more money than they have combined. That means there is a serious problem with his training and or coaching, and it’s being sold off the basis of his credibility… which is what gurus do. They sell a product not based on the merits of the product, but based on other things: they own a lamborghini, they made billions of dollars blah blah. It’s all irrelevant. What are the customer results? That’s all that matters.

Being able to get results for yourself and being able to teach others how to get results for themselves are two different things. Most of the good practitioners are actually bad teachers (not saying this is the case for Noah, just a general observation).
Great point. It reminds me of this post written by Adam Grant I read years ago:
Those Who Can Do, Can't Teach

Check it out, it's a great short read. It surprised me that Einstein actually sucked at teaching Physics.

I used to only think the opposite, which is also accurate in many cases and more commonly said: "Those who teach, can't do." Think of all the university professors teaching marketing or MBA but have never made one single sale in their lives.

However, the contrary stands true too. If you want to learn how to swim and aren't supernaturally gifted yourself, you wouldn't want to learn from Michael Phelps. You'd go to someone who understands your mortal struggles and can identify your current bottlenecks and how to fix them.

People like Alex Hormozi, Noah Kagan, and Dan Martell who both run legit businesses and can teach articulately are really rare.

Elon Musk would be another typical case of an exceptional practitioner with subpar teaching/explaining skills and charisma. Although he doesn't sell any course, you'd learn a lot more from him just from observing him than even watching his interviews.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Great point. It reminds me of this post written by Adam Grant I read years ago:
Those Who Can Do, Can't Teach

Check it out, it's a great short read. It surprised me that Einstein actually sucked at teaching Physics.

I used to only think the opposite, which is also accurate in many cases and more commonly said: "Those who teach, can't do." Think of all the university professors teaching marketing or MBA but have never made one single sale in their lives.

However, the contrary stands true too. If you want to learn how to swim and aren't supernaturally gifted yourself, you wouldn't want to learn from Michael Phelps. You'd go to someone who understands your mortal struggles and can identify your current bottlenecks and how to fix them.

People like Alex Hormozi, Noah Kagan, and Dan Martell who both run legit businesses and can teach articulately are really rare.

Elon Musk would be another typical case of an exceptional practitioner with subpar teaching/explaining skills and charisma. Although he doesn't sell any course, you'd learn a lot more from him just from observing him than even watching his interviews.
Yes, I don’t expect great practitioners to be great teachers or the reverse for that matter. Theory and practice are two very different components that go into performance.

Theory helps you understand the whole, which allows a practitioner to see the relationships between different parts much better and hence improve performance.

And practice builds the habits required to perform unconsciously and do what needs to be done.

I wouldn’t rank Hormozi as a great theorist - I don’t think he is, his thought is all over the place and lacks structure imo. He’s a much better practitioner than theorist. There are very few people who are both. Jordan Belfort for example is both. Someone like Dane Maxwell is a better theorist - many Dane Maxwell students have made significantly more money than him. I mysef am probably a better theorist than practitioner though I can do both quite well.

Elon Musk, imo, is probably a genius at both. His thought is very structured, he is keen at understanding the root cause of issues, he thinks from first principles, etc. So he is definitely a theorist too, not just a doer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.