The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No One Can Answer This Question…

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I am trying to conduct a tam analysis for my website soberlivingreviews.com.

It’s a very specific niche that is unlicensed, not regulated by the government, overlooked by the Census Bureau, no public companies exist, and according to the national library of medicine no comprehensive database exists.

So I have no idea how many of these places there actually are. There are certain associations for these places, and the total amount in these associations is about 18,000.

But I know from personal experience that there’s at least twice as many in the country because most of these places operate outside of these coalitions and associations.

I was thinking about doing the tam analysis for the entire user generated content industry, or online advertising industry, or even the wider niche of which this specific niche is a part, but I feel all of those would be inaccurate.

So I conducted a tam analysis for this user generated review website on a paper click model to see what the total revenue opportunity is. I used googles keyword planner and picked the five most relevant keywords, took their average monthly searches and found the median bid to arrive at the average revenue opportunity per key word.

Then I added them all together and came up with 2.2 million as the annual revenue opportunity. From here, I think I can conduct some financial models to show potential investors.

However, I am afraid that 2.2 million Tam is far too small and possibly not worth doing.

I’m gonna do it anyway because I really believe a website like this needs to exist.

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding tam for something like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Now that I think about it, if there’s 18,000 providers in the space (there’s probably 2x that), and each provider has 9 clients per month (according to a national study), at an average price of $600… that brings the estimated tam to 1.1 bn

18000 * 9 = 162000 people served monthly

162000 * 12 = 1,944,000 people served yearly

1,944,000 * average price of $600 =
1.1 bn total addressable market.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Hi Sonny,
in the US, this might be a known institution but i as a european first had to find out what sober living means.
Now i got its, its rehab homes, if i got it right?
I like the idea, its a small, probably under-served niche where you maybe the first in the field.

That aside, allow some questions:
If i would look for such a house, i'd first check out google ratings. What brings a potential customer to your side?
How would you generate money from your business?
How could marketing look like?

I got a feeling this is a good idea, just can't get a clearer picture.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.