The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No idea what to do

Idea threads
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2020
United Kingdom
Dear Fastlaners,
At age 14, I have already decided I do not want to work my entire life. After all, who does? Unfortunately, I have no idea how.
DeMarco made his money through creating/designing websites, and then popularizing his own Limo-Website. Throughout his journey, he seemed to know what his aim/target was, and most importantly, how to reach that aim.
My problem is not that I don't want to be a Fastlaner. It's not that I am lazy and don't want to work hard with no break. My problem is I have no idea what to do, with no products or Websites in mind.
With little to no imagination or knowledge of the products that the people want, how do I reach my goal of retirement before 30?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
1) Work for knowledge, always. Not just "to be productive".
2) Solve a need. Engage with peoples pain, try to solve that. This Experience is gold. Create value out of thin air, by your own will.
3)That's it. Don't make it more complicated than it is.

Good luck, having your fastlane mindset at 14 its already amazing. That's great work from Mj De Marco.

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
Focus on your high school degree, then get a job. Needs are discovered by engaging life, industries and people.

In the meantime, develop your human skill and try to give value to other people in whatever way.

This is a good example of a teen giving value:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Dear Fastlaners,
At age 14, I have already decided I do not want to work my entire life. After all, who does? Unfortunately, I have no idea how.
DeMarco made his money through creating/designing websites, and then popularizing his own Limo-Website. Throughout his journey, he seemed to know what his aim/target was, and most importantly, how to reach that aim.
My problem is not that I don't want to be a Fastlaner. It's not that I am lazy and don't want to work hard with no break. My problem is I have no idea what to do, with no products or Websites in mind.
With little to no imagination or knowledge of the products that the people want, how do I reach my goal of retirement before 30?
Dont underestimate the basic skills learnt in high schools. They are arguably more important than anything learnt in higher education.
You are building the foundation now, dont worry about business yet.
Learn a second, a third language, learn basic biology and chemistry, learn physics, learn math, learn people skills by making friends in your school.
All of these are pieces to a puzzle which you cannot see yet.
Summer job is also a great thing.

#KK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 5, 2020
India
Ok Taidgh, I am near your age group too, so I understand you (also, I have to follow @Kung Fu Steve 's advice to add some value, so here goes-). Here are the many things you can do (start with one):-
1) Stick in this forum but don't use it as an action fake.
2) Read Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .
3) Head over to the Gold Threads and read them all, but not focus on event, focus on the mindset and the process.
4) If you are confused how to start, head over to- GOLD! - No network? No money? No idea? No education? NO PROBLEM! and another link(I can't find it, but here is the cliff notes- Provide free value. Provide even more free value. Come on the top of their minds whenever they need something. Start solving some big recurring problems[people will come to you with their problems if you follow above steps] for a fee. Then solve even more problems.)
5) This is gold:-
Why not accomplish steps 1 and 2 first before even theorizing about step 3?
6) Read these- Books Fastlaners Recommend
books listed here. But make sure to take action.
7)Follow the legendary fastlaners. (Head over too my intro to get some of those's profile). And deconstruct their all behaviours.

In short, if you can do only 3 things, do - Take action. Read and learn from here and the books. Take even more action while providing value.
I am also starting this journey, remember to have fun and, provide value and take action.
If you need any other help or clarification feel free to message me.

Last edited:

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Dont underestimate the basic skills learnt in high schools. They are arguably more important than anything learnt in higher education.
Learn a second, a third language, learn basic biology and chemistry, learn physics, learn math, learn people skills by making friends in your school.
Ok, please tell me why because I kinda don't understand it. Every basic can be basically Googled in 5 secs. Basics are fine to learn and so on but I'm pretty sure he has tons of free time he can use for learning valuable stuff, like programming, books, reading this forum ect.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO

I don't agree with most of this. I wish I had focused more on business when I was 14 instead of wasting my time in biology class. I didn't start learning about business until I was almost 19. Way too late in my opinion considering everything in life is business.

You need to understand that there are basically 2 things in life that you can invest. Your money. And your time. Since you're 14 I'm assuming you don't have a lot of money. If you want to get ahead in life but have no money to invest then you are only left with one investment. Your time.

You have to trade your time for money starting off. You have to spend your time solving someone else's problem for money. Once you save up some money from doing that you can invest time AND money.

But step one is to solve someone else's problem for money. So find something that people have a problem with that they will pay money to solve. Ex: They need a website, a mowed lawn, or they want to learn how to play the piano.. etc. etc. Once you chose a problem now you figure out how to solve it. Learn about it. Become an expert. And then once you're competent you can start selling your service for money. (A lot of people skip to manual labor so they can start making money now instead of learning a skill like coding which could take a while, up to you)

Then you start saving up money and invest that along with your time and it will keep compounding.

And keep reading books on business. You'll learn more by reading those in your spare time through high school than you'll learn as a full time college student. And it's way cheaper. Trust me.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Ok, please tell me why because I kinda don't understand it. Every basic can be basically Googled in 5 secs. Basics are fine to learn and so on but I'm pretty sure he has tons of free time he can use for learning valuable stuff, like programming, books, reading this forum ect.
Because of the age.
IMO when you are 14, you are still a kid.
Life should(if possible) still be fun and care free at that age. Going out with friends, discovering your self, finding young love, all that good stuff.
No one can give you your teen years back, and there is no reason why you cant make it big in your twenties.
Still young enough to fully enjoy wealth, but not too young to get mentally destroyed by the challenges and problems which business comes with.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I don't agree with most of this. I wish I had focused more on business when I was 14 instead of wasting my time in biology class. I didn't start learning about business until I was almost 19. Way too late in my opinion considering everything in life is business.
You`ve only wasted your time learning if you dont use the knowledge gained.
What makes you think that everything in life is business?
Lets say that you earn a large sum of money, you invest, buy real estate, secure your retirement etc. etc.
What then?

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
First Thing First: Focus on High School
Entrepreneurship can be start After Graduating High School
So hold your horses for now.

If you don't graduate high school, later when you will be 40 - you will regret it.
Have some options in life. It doesn't have to be perfect

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
You`ve only wasted your time learning if you dont use the knowledge gained.
Exactly my point. The only thing I currently use from high school is grammar/writing. And I am a terrible writer. I don't remember or use any of the biology/physics/history/social studies/literature/algebra/calculus/geometry/P.E. etc. that I was forced to learn. What a waste of my time so that I can be "well rounded."

What makes you think that everything in life is business?
Name me something that doesn't involve business.

Lets say that you earn a large sum of money, you invest, buy real estate, secure your retirement etc. etc.
What then?
You do whatever you want. I don't understand this question.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.