The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NFL Handicapping?

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Who's ready for some football? NFL handicapping can be a form of paper asset investing if you invest with the right knowledge & do the research to give yourself the edge.

Are there any other folks here who like to try their hands at Handicapping the NFL? I thought I'd start a thread for us to share our best picks each week, and to discuss things like point spreads & money lines.

I am a "dime" player. Last weekend & Monday I went 4 for 5 point spread bets with Arizona, NYJ, Dallas, Green Bay. (Wish I would have played the Parlay on that -- doh) Lost on Oakland last night when Denver blew em out (I was shocked that with the players OAK has, they couldn't even put up an effort against the Broncos... Either they are THAT bad, or the Broncos this year are that good!?! Guess we'll see this weekend).

Right now I am looking pretty hard at the Broncos to beat San Diego this weekend, with the return of Brandon Marshall from suspension & especially since SD got beat on Sunday, and we just got news that Merriman will have season ending knee-surgery now. Money line is +105 for Denver, so I'm taking it now before it gets any worse with the Merriman news that just came out. Also we know that Jay Cutler has a score to settle with the SD QB after his antics in their last faceoff last year.

:hurray:

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Warning: Not quite on subject below!

I think there should be some changes to professional sports. The biggest change I would like to see is to put ALL players and coaches on commission!

You get paid a LOT to play. You better play damn good. The Vikes were supposed to have this amazing team this year. Spent a ton on the defense... what a waste of money... :coco:

Anyways...

:eek:fftopic:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Warning: Not quite on subject below!

I think there should be some changes to professional sports. The biggest change I would like to see is to put ALL players and coaches on commission!

You get paid a LOT to play. You better play damn good. The Vikes were supposed to have this amazing team this year. Spent a ton on the defense... what a waste of money...

Anyways...

I can explain the Vikings poor defense ... they are on my Fantasy Football Team.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Someone the other day wanted to get me to invest in a bot they'd built to bet sports. It does line shopping between like 50+ sports books. Supposedly returning a good % of money, but I haven't had time to look into it/studied the sports betting yet. I know of a decent number of people who shop lines and make money that way. Decent money to be made, but bankroll needs to be pretty big to make a good amount.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Speaking of the Vikings.... Indy -3 against them this weekend looks like a bet also... Hopefully with that 1st game under his belt, Peyton has shaken off the rust and will look more like himself. Should be a blowout...

- Hakrjak

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'll be very excited to see how the Broncos do with Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall. I hope there is a healthy competition between them. Denver got pressure on a rookie QB with a weak O-Line. I wonder how they will do with a so/so QB and a better then avg O-line. Plus this one is in Denver.

A small rant. I know the NFL wants to make extra money, but a Monday night double hitter that ends at near midnight is a little ridiculous. They pretty much precluded any east coast viewers and many folks in each teams timezones from watching the whole game.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Yeh I know... We were pretty tired, so ended up turning off the Denver game once it became evident that they were going to run away with it. I guess it's an annual tradition now though to have a double header on the 1st night of MNF. I kinda wish they would do a Thursday night game too, so we'd have something else to look forward to between weekends and Mondays ;) -- Also gives more teams a chance to be on prime time.

- Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
NE Pats are +1.5 against the NY Jets this weekend. Does anybody else thing this is a little too generous of a line?

Farve is an OK QB, but NE has a great defense still... Also -- I mean, Matt Cassell came in for Brady last weekend and put up better #'s than Brady had for the game, threw no interceptions.... and the Pats still have a better coach, and great players like Randy Moss to pick up the slack in Brady's absence.... A huge offensive line... Good running game.... The list goes on... People are quick to write them off because of the season ending Brady injury, and that could mean hidden value for us sports bettors... I'm thinking the money line is the way to go here, which is currently at +105

Anybody else have feelings on this one?

- Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I went 3-0-1 this morning with Buffalo, GB, Ten, and Indy (-3 tied, so I got my bet refunded).

Hoping to keep it rolling this afternoon! With Denver, NE, and Atlanta

Booyah!

-Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Got 2 out of 3 in this afternoon's game... Taking the "under" tonight for the Pit/Cle game, because I'm getting weather reports that winds are 60+ MPH up there tonight, so I doubt it will be a very high scoring game.

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.