Steve0311
New Contributor
Hi all,
I'm a father, husband, prior USMC, and current USCG. Retiring in less than two years. As the "light at the end of the tunnel" shines brighter it begins to take on the appearance of the gates of hell... Continuing on the typical path of those in my field, to retire, start another job that applies the same skillset that I'm currently doing, aka same BS just a different employer. Always stressed about money and the future. I'm done with the bullshit. There has got to be another way.
I'm currently working with a business coach to establish a business with the intent to get a product out within a year. Have any of you all taken the leap from a secure job to a startup, while supporting a family? The questions I always have orbit around, "how will I support my family when I don't have any cashflow?", "can you use business loans/grants for support?", "what happens if the business goes bankrupt?". How do other startups do it? I read/heard that some sleep on friends couches, others are paid with the loan. The list goes on.
Looking forward to engaging in the forum!
I'm a father, husband, prior USMC, and current USCG. Retiring in less than two years. As the "light at the end of the tunnel" shines brighter it begins to take on the appearance of the gates of hell... Continuing on the typical path of those in my field, to retire, start another job that applies the same skillset that I'm currently doing, aka same BS just a different employer. Always stressed about money and the future. I'm done with the bullshit. There has got to be another way.
I'm currently working with a business coach to establish a business with the intent to get a product out within a year. Have any of you all taken the leap from a secure job to a startup, while supporting a family? The questions I always have orbit around, "how will I support my family when I don't have any cashflow?", "can you use business loans/grants for support?", "what happens if the business goes bankrupt?". How do other startups do it? I read/heard that some sleep on friends couches, others are paid with the loan. The list goes on.
Looking forward to engaging in the forum!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
