The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Gulfstream G700

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Amazing. Who else wants one?

They make these for a very good reason... People buy them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Me. I would splurge for a plane that can make international flights. And experienced pilots so I don't die. It could be a while before I'm at that level. ;)

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I don't know what I'm more impressed by, the jet or the website...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Looks like a money pit to me. Unless you set up a business leasing it out to others at a profit of course. But with the doom and gloom forecast of the US economy maybe not the best time to be looking at setting up such an enterprise?

Wait until the doom and gloom has hit rock bottom then pick a used one up for cents on the dollar from some poor schmuck who has lost his shirt would be my plan. Then ride high as the market recovers.

Does that make me sound like a cynic?

SIDI

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 5, 2018
Looks like a money pit to me. Unless you set up a business leasing it out to others at a profit of course. But with the doom and gloom forecast of the US economy maybe not the best time to be looking at setting up such an enterprise?

Wait until the doom and gloom has hit rock bottom then pick a used one up for cents on the dollar from some poor schmuck who has lost his shirt would be my plan. Then ride high as the market recovers.

Does that make me sound like a cynic?
Agree with what you are saying, but can’t imagine anyone buying this as a means to make money. Screams FU to me!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Besides the fact that im no where near to far enough on my fast lane journey yet, to be able to afford a plane, il have to pass!

Anything other than Airbus or Boeing seems hard to trust lol. I've often wondered if its actually more dangerous to fly with those private jets in comparison to commercial big planes.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Besides the fact that im no where near to far enough on my fast lane journey yet, to be able to afford a plane, il have to pass!

Anything other than Airbus or Boeing seems hard to trust lol. I've often wondered if its actually more dangerous to fly with those private jets in comparison to commercial big planes.

They are very safe.

Also if you want to save some money you can always go BBJ, Embraer Lineage or ACJ.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
My best friend runs logistics for Gulfstream.. I’ll see if she can “lose” one for ya @Kak

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
It's a little on the small side :hilarious:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I tried to buy one.

They said come back when I've got a Gucci belt and at least 500k followers on Insta.

No idea what an Insta is, or why anyone is following it, but I'm still in the economy cabin on delta till I figure it out.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwz04NDUcM

Why buy a jet? Grant answers here.

As an addendum: imagine you're running a public company and you have to bring your entire C-suite to meetings in several locations around the world. If you flew public, you'd have to block out at least a few days for each meeting, plus hotel costs. Your C suite ain't cheap.

If you chartered, you'd save some time but you don't get to choose exactly when you fly. You fly when they're available, because other people are flying, too. You'd have to be creative.

If you owned the jet, you can go to one meeting, then another, then another... sometimes in a single day or two. Imagine how much overall time (days/weeks, not to mention working hours) you save and the # of deals you can make by simply owning the jet.

It makes sense for a lot of companies. And, of course, it's just cool lol

Last edited:

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
I tried to buy one.

They said come back when I've got a Gucci belt and at least 500k followers on Insta.

No idea what an Insta is, or why anyone is following it, but I'm still in the economy cabin on delta till I figure it out.

Weird, I just flexed the Rolley, gave them my best motivational quote and they put it in my garage for just 500.000 payments of $200.

And indeed my garage is quite big - unfortunately not the driveway...

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwz04NDUcM

Why buy a jet? Grant answers here.

As an addendum: imagine you're running a public company and you have to bring your entire C-suite to meetings in several locations around the world. If you flew public, you'd have to block out at least a few days for each meeting, plus hotel costs. Your C suite ain't cheap.

If you chartered, you'd save some time but you don't get to choose exactly when you fly. You fly when they're available, because other people are flying, too. You'd have to be creative.

If you owned the jet, you can go to one meeting, then another, then another... sometimes in a single day or two. Imagine how much overall time (days/weeks, not to mention working hours) you save and the # of deals you can make by simply owning the jet.

It makes sense for a lot of companies. And, of course, it's just cool lol
Not to split hairs here, but if you're large enough that you have an expensive C Suite and a jet, your risk management team probably doesn't allow more than 2-3 of you to fly on the same flight.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Not to split hairs here, but if you're large enough that you have an expensive C Suite and a jet, your risk management team probably doesn't allow more than 2-3 of you to fly on the same flight.

That's why you have 2 or 3 of them.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
True dat. Ever since the great rental car flip over accident of 2016, me and our CFO aren’t even allowed to ride in a car together.

I didn’t want to cast aspersions on a man much more successful than myself, but my first thought when I saw this was “A jet is a good investment to Cardone because it builds his success selling brand”

Could be wrong, that’s my knee jerk though.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

You'd be surprised. People forgot what happened to Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Polish Government.

Not only that, but you'd own several jets at that point. The biggest companies don't own single jets, they own fleets. Here's a video on Walmart's fleet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPrH4xANpU&t=30s

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
You'd be surprised. People forgot what happened to Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Polish Government.

Not only that, but you'd own several jets at that point. The biggest companies don't own single jets, they own fleets. Here's a video on Walmart's fleet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPrH4xANpU&t=30s
Makes sense . I was pulling from personal experience.

I worked for a $2b revenue company that had a jet, their policies were fairly risk averse: the number of executives per flight were limited on the jet, and also on commercial flights. So if you need to get 7 executives somewhere, it's the jet and two different commercial flight plans.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.