The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Networking at 14

opticalillusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 27, 2022
Germany
Hi there,

I'm currently on my way to learning the skills required to go Fastlane (I want to be a web developer) once I turn 18 (in 4 years) and I was wondering what a good way would be to network at this age?

I tried meetup.com, however, in their TOS it states that you have to be 18.

The only real connections with Fastlaner's I have thus far is my uncle who's a web developer & entrepreneur and someone I met randomly online who started a successful Fastlane business.

Everyone around me is either a Slowlaner or a Sidewalker and they're quite stubborn about wanting to change, someone even recently looked odd at me in class while I was reading Unscripted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hi there,

I'm currently on my way to learning the skills required to go Fastlane (I want to be a web developer) once I turn 18 (in 4 years) and I was wondering what a good way would be to network at this age?

The only real connections with Fastlaner's I have thus far is my uncle who's a web developer & entrepreneur and someone I met randomly online who started a successful Fastlane business.

Everyone around me is either a Slowlaner or a Sidewalker and they're quite stubborn about wanting to change, someone even recently looked odd at me in class while I was reading Unscripted.
Wow, you're seriously reading unscripted at the age of 14? Mad props. Congratulations dude! I read the millionaire fastlane 2 1/4 years ago when I was 20. So you already have a HUGE headstart. Most people who are exposed to this knowledge are either in their late thirties-mid forties. That is so admirable to hear buddy!

Just the fact that you want to network and escape the matrix AT 14 while the other guys' your age chase girls, play fortnite or just waste their lives on TikTok proves that you might be a multi millionaire already before 18-19, or maybe a billionaire like Zuckerberg or Bill Gates when you're under 25-30 because you started so young!

Here's what you can do:
1. Attend small entrepreneurial events around your town. People usually call them business conferences or business lunches, they're active all over the world. People who attend these events only talk about ideas and business, not other people, the weather, who slept with who or whatever. You do not need a lot of money to attend these.

2. Seminars. Never been to one, but heard they're great for meeting like minded people. People want to improve. Although these business meetings might require you to be past the age of 18... So

3. Go to your city's most expensive street, where they have big houses and million/multi million dollar homes. Ask them for advice and see if you can provide any value to their lives. It really doesn't matter what it is.

Maybe you can help them with some house cleaning/chores? Maybe you can walk their dog? Wash their car/cars? Mow the lawn? There are so many things you can do!

Andrew Tate once met a kid who was taking pictures of owners' exotic cars and he asked him if he could take a picture of his Bugatti. Andrew responded to him: "Yeah, sure". And then, the kid asked him: "Hey, can I get your email"? Andrew said: "Why? Do you want me to sell these pictures? I already own this car and see it everyday". The kid's response was: "No, I want to get exotic cars' email addresses to build my network". BOOM, that's a very clever strategy from the kid. Maybe you can apply it?

BONUS(If you like supercars):
4. Get a job at an exotic car dealer. You might be too young for this(especially if it's an official dealer like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren etc), but if it's a second hand exotic dealer then it might be possible to help the owner/s some way. Maybe you can clean their cars just before they leave? Take care of their Instagram/FB/TikTok? Point is, when you surround yourself in that environment, you'll meet a lot of very rich people, who are usually fastlaners. And most importantly, you'll start to pick up on how they move, what they say, how they say the things they say etc. You'll start to absorb their behaviors and mindset and at your age it'll be a MASSIVE asset for you in the future.

And as always, make sure to look your best. Wear a suit, comb your hair or have a nice haircut and be humble when talking to these guys.

Pay attention to what they say to you. These dudes who buy $400,000 cars are already ahead of 99.99% of the population. And once the cars are sold, maybe you can ask the new owners if they'd like a weekly wash for their car?

They'll admire your work ethic and hunger at 14, and there's a very high chance you might be involved in their business some way. Good luck buddy!

opticalillusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 27, 2022
Germany
Wow, you're seriously reading unscripted at the age of 14? Mad props. Congratulations dude! I read the millionaire fastlane 2 1/4 years ago when I was 20. So you already have a HUGE headstart. Most people who are exposed to this knowledge are either in their late thirties-mid forties. That is so admirable to hear buddy!

Just the fact that you want to network and escape the matrix AT 14 while the other guys' your age chase girls, play fortnite or just waste their lives on TikTok proves that you might be a multi millionaire already before 18-19, or maybe a billionaire like Zuckerberg or Bill Gates when you're under 25-30 because you started so young!

Here's what you can do:
1. Attend small entrepreneurial events around your town. People usually call them business conferences or business lunches, they're active all over the world. People who attend these events only talk about ideas and business, not other people, the weather, who slept with who or whatever. You do not need a lot of money to attend these.

2. Seminars. Never been to one, but heard they're great for meeting like minded people. People want to improve. Although these business meetings might require you to be past the age of 18... So

3. Go to your city's most expensive street, where they have big houses and million/multi million dollar homes. Ask them for advice and see if you can provide any value to their lives. It really doesn't matter what it is.

Maybe you can help them with some house cleaning/chores? Maybe you can walk their dog? Wash their car/cars? Mow the lawn? There are so many things you can do!

Andrew Tate once met a kid who was taking pictures of owners' exotic cars and he asked him if he could take a picture of his Bugatti. Andrew responded to him: "Yeah, sure". And then, the kid asked him: "Hey, can I get your email"? Andrew said: "Why? Do you want me to sell these pictures? I already own this car and see it everyday". The kid's response was: "No, I want to get exotic cars' email addresses to build my network". BOOM, that's a very clever strategy from the kid. Maybe you can apply it?

4. Get a job at an exotic car dealer. You might be too young for this(especially if it's an official dealer like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren etc), but if it's a second hand exotic dealer then it might be possible to help the owner/s some way. Maybe you can clean their cars just before they leave? Take care of their Instagram/FB/TikTok? Point is, when you surround yourself in that environment, you'll meet a lot of very rich people, who are usually fastlaners. And most importantly, you'll start to pick up on how they move, what they say, how they say the things they say etc. You'll start to absorb their behaviors and mindset and at your age it'll be a MASSIVE asset for you in the future.

And as always, make sure to look your best. Wear a suit, comb your hair or have a nice haircut and be humble when talking to these guys.

Pay attention to what they say to you. These dudes who buy $400,000 cars are already ahead of 99.99% of the population. And once the cars are sold, maybe you can ask the new owners if they'd like a weekly wash for their car?

They'll admire your work ethic and hunger at 14, and there's a very high chance you might be involved in their business some way. Good luck buddy!

Thank you very much for your reply! You have fantastic ideas that I really needed.

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Thank you very much for your reply! You have fantastic ideas that I really needed.
You're welcome buddy. It's amazing to see people as young as you who want to be on this journey. And as always, make sure to take action and do something about it today! Don't just talk about things on the forum without doing anything(happens a lot on this forum, full of action fakes) and consume too much content without doing anything.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Most towns or counties have Chambers of Commerce. Check out their next meeging or mixer. You'll meet a wide array for people, some trying to sell you crap and others who want to genuinely network. Make your intentions abundently clear.

Also, this forum has a bunch of successful people who have started, currently running, or have sold their business. A lot of these indivduals provide enough insight for them to be consider a mentor.

If you post here enough, some people might reach out to you personally on this forum.

Lastly, read every thread by @Fox if you want to do web development. I believe he has created his own community of web developers.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
Hi there,

Good work man. Mad props being 14 and already seeing the world in a different view. I was 12 or 13 when I got my first entrepreneurial taste starting a business doing dog walking, lawn mowing, and all that type of stuff around the neighborhood. After that, I think I was in my last year of high school when I read TMF and it totally changed my perspective on the world. I am currently doing the @Fox program on web design and entrepreneurship skills because I want to start my own web design business, and networking totally helps when you have all of those previous connections from being part of the community.

Just have to go out and take action!

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hi there,

This forum.

Ask questions constantly about your curiosities relating to business, be a peer. when someone gives you advice here, take it and tell them after you’ve done it. If you do that they will want to help you more.

opticalillusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 27, 2022
Germany

Here's what you can do:

I have searched quite a bit about Seminars and found a few happening in a few weeks and one conference. Along with that, I asked my uncle if I could help him in any way as he is also a Web Dev and I think i could gain invaluable experience through that.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I have searched quite a bit about Seminars and found a few happening in a few weeks and one conference. Along with that, I asked my uncle if I could help him in any way as he is also a Web Dev and I think i could gain invaluable experience through that.
I'm 15 and have been introduced to this concept of entrepreneurship in this year, I wish you luck on your journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.