The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some advice monetizing my job listing website

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

imjp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2014
Sup guys?

I have a job listing website (http://curacaojobs.co) that focuses on a tiny island in the caribbean. For the past couple of months, I've been getting about 300-450 visitors a day, but would love to drive up these numbers so I can start charging businesses to place their listings.

Right now I have about 950 followers on twitter and facebook, but very few people actually click through form twitter and facebook (about 8% from my visitors come form social media).

In order to boost traffic, I've reached out to a large website here that's like the "go-to" website to find out about events, and they've agreed to do link/banner exchange for mutual benefits.
I've also contacted some local universities etc. in order to get more users, but this is going very slowly as they are taking forever to reply.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or ideas on how I could monetize or increase the traffic of this website?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joozed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Oct 29, 2013
-maybe try to focus on a niche (i.e. some type of seasonal or special island work) and then target that niche hard and build from there after you make all the connections you can in that niche

-make sure you are adding content from other job sites in your area (making it unique to your site)

-Offer some type of freebie or additional service (i.e. resume review, free cover letter etc.)

-create a local job app and give it away

-build white hat backlinks

-create a valuable directory or listing of some type (i.e. all businesses in area, all online job applications available for the area etc.)

Just keep adding value, making contact and creating good contact and everything get rolling in the right direction.

imjp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2014
I've been trying to build links but this island only has 150,000 people, and there are hardly any websites that I could build links with; no blogs or forums.
What I did try to do was contact local news websites, but I never heard back from them again.

What do you mean by this: -create a valuable directory or listing of some type (i.e. all businesses in area, all online job applications available for the area etc.)

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
this island only has 150,000 people, and there are hardly any websites that I could build links with
Find 10 other islands with the same problem and get links from those websites and make a loose network of Island job websites. Those links would count very well in Google's eyes.

Don't know what your cash situation is, but in that environment you may need to get creative in offline advertising. Here in the US, they will organize a job fair, where they recruit the local companies to setup a booth and interview potential workers and you invite the public saying ten companies with openings will be at XYZ location at this day and time come and interview. If you could partner with someone like a radio station to setup something like that, you could generate some brand awareness and hand everybody that shows up a card with your website.

Vinyl wrap a car and drive it around during rush hour, or park it near busy streets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean DeSilva

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 18, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
YouTube is the second largest search engine, have you been tapping into their traffic using good, informative and entertaining videos? Especially with the "island paradise" appeal you have to offer, some of your YouTube videos could do very well.

You may also want to look at doing a joint venture promo with a more traditional job website. Figure out a good payment structure that allows you to get in cheaply but minimizes your partner's risk. I see your type of offer being a good adjunct in the same way those exotic destination college courses are to a University department.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.