The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help with Marketing and Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Hello all!

Its been a very long time since I've updated my personal entrepreneurial journey so here is a quick recap.

TL,DR: I'm spending a lot of $$$ on Ads, with little to no return despite all my customers loving the product. How do I increase my ad conversion rate? Any advice? Books?

The product I have designed is for the fitness industry, I even got a provisional patent in place just while I'm getting on my feet. About 9 months ago, I first tested my final product design with a few local gyms as well as a dozen random people to see if this product is even worth its weight in salt. To my surprise, it was a hit. Dozens of orders, all of them raving about how this product has changed the way they train, and made their lives much easier. This product is manufactured by ME, as its easily 3d printed and assembled, so as far as inventory goes, I need none. Plus, overhead is at probably the lowest it can ever be (filament cost, electricity, consumables, and time to assemble).

Fast forward to December of 2021, and my website went live.

Here is my question... How can I achieve better conversion rates? Or just make more sales in general, as I've put up well over a dozen ads, usually running over the weekends. From Instagram to Gab. Per ad run, I'm getting a minimum of at least 150 clicks. However, I'd be lucky to get 2 sales off of a weekend of running ads. To be honest, I'm at a stand still and I'm not quite sure where to go. Do I just run more ads and hope that more people buy? Or do I need to dive deeper into my copy/page design/pictures...etc?

I understand that as a new product, the first year is DEFINITELY going to be slow and a drag, which I don't believe I've had enough sales to definitively say that the market enjoys my product. However, spending hundreds every week on ads with very little return is not sustainable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

growth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 6, 2022
Africa
Hello all!

Its been a very long time since I've updated my personal entrepreneurial journey so here is a quick recap.

TL,DR: I'm spending a lot of $$$ on Ads, with little to no return despite all my customers loving the product. How do I increase my ad conversion rate? Any advice? Books?

The product I have designed is for the fitness industry, I even got a provisional patent in place just while I'm getting on my feet. About 9 months ago, I first tested my final product design with a few local gyms as well as a dozen random people to see if this product is even worth its weight in salt. To my surprise, it was a hit. Dozens of orders, all of them raving about how this product has changed the way they train, and made their lives much easier. This product is manufactured by ME, as its easily 3d printed and assembled, so as far as inventory goes, I need none. Plus, overhead is at probably the lowest it can ever be (filament cost, electricity, consumables, and time to assemble).

Fast forward to December of 2021, and my website went live.

Here is my question... How can I achieve better conversion rates? Or just make more sales in general, as I've put up well over a dozen ads, usually running over the weekends. From Instagram to Gab. Per ad run, I'm getting a minimum of at least 150 clicks. However, I'd be lucky to get 2 sales off of a weekend of running ads. To be honest, I'm at a stand still and I'm not quite sure where to go. Do I just run more ads and hope that more people buy? Or do I need to dive deeper into my copy/page design/pictures...etc?

I understand that as a new product, the first year is DEFINITELY going to be slow and a drag, which I don't believe I've had enough sales to definitively say that the market enjoys my product. However, spending hundreds every week on ads with very little return is not sustainable.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Mason. Have you tried changing your ads location? Try to explore other locations and compare results. Cheers!

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Hello Mason. Have you tried changing your ads location? Try to explore other locations and compare results. Cheers!
I've tried a little. Haven't dug too deep into location targeting, but I guess it makes sense. Instead of having 100% of the ad going to the whole USA, have all of it go to say... Southern California.

growth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 6, 2022
Africa
I've tried a little. Haven't dug too deep into location targeting, but I guess it makes sense. Instead of having 100% of the ad going to the whole USA, have all of it go to say... Southern California

I've tried a little. Haven't dug too deep into location targeting, but I guess it makes sense. Instead of having 100% of the ad going to the whole USA, have all of it go to say... Southern California.
It does. Give it a go. Wishing you the best.

Varlenheit

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jan 9, 2019
Hello !
If you're using Google Ads, then might aswell just read @Andy Black 's threads on the subject on here :

I'm pretty sure it would be just as effective as any book out there.

Or take a look at his courses : MARKETPLACE - Andy's Courses/Membership

I can guarantee you'll get tremendous value from him.
Wish you the best.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
If you have some money to invest, maybe hire a so-called branding agency that can take a look at the big picture to make your company a more thought through brand overall?

Also do you have any fitness influencers that you can work together with?

Anyway, wishing you the best in your venture!

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Feel free to link your website if you feel comfortable with it (or feel free to pm me, I'm happy to give you free advice simply just to sharpen my own skills), if not I'd recommend going on a website like Fiverr and hire a UI / UX designer, make the website look way better than any of your competitors or go to a website like 99designs where they compete against each other and you have tons of designs to choose from (more expensive option) don't expect an immediate ROI though.

I don't know what your creatives look like, but use your competitors as a baseline, and look at ads that have been running for months, they are probably making money. You can become profitable in the first year, I did it for a client in less than a month with a new product to market.

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
If you have some money to invest, maybe hire a so-called branding agency that can take a look at the big picture to make your company a more thought through brand overall?

Also do you have any fitness influencers that you can work together with?

Anyway, wishing you the best in your venture!
Unfortunately, I sell Jeeps for a living so money is a little tight right now lol but as far as the influencer idea, I've thought about sending my product to random Fitness Influencers to get some publicity. I was hoping not to but its really not a bad idea...

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Feel free to link your website if you feel comfortable with it (or feel free to pm me, I'm happy to give you free advice simply just to sharpen my own skills), if not I'd recommend going on a website like Fiverr and hire a UI / UX designer, make the website look way better than any of your competitors or go to a website like 99designs where they compete against each other and you have tons of designs to choose from (more expensive option) don't expect an immediate ROI though.

I don't know what your creatives look like, but use your competitors as a baseline, and look at ads that have been running for months, they are probably making money. You can become profitable in the first year, I did it for a client in less than a month with a new product to market.
I've thought about hiring a web designer, however, money is a little tight right now, as I'm just a lone Jeep salesman lol. As far as my competitors, I haven't thought about doing that. I'll definitely be checking that out.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Without seeing any of your stuff it'd be tough to give you advice. We'd all be shooting in the dark and probably just irritate you.

The only advice I can give with what you've given here is "sell better" ... :wideyed:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You and most of those who replied have concentrated on number of ads, location of ads, ad medium, attractiveness of your website design etc......, but yes, you do need to think about your copy.

Send me a PM with your website link and I will look at it critically and privately suggest any improvements that could turn those clicks into orders.

Walter

P.S. I will be offline for at least 8 or 9 hours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.