The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need feedback on first attempt at starting seed launch

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
So Im attempting a seed launch to a new list that I've created for parents of teenagers. I've built this list up to 323 parents via a 12-page PDF. Now that they are on my list, I've emailed them something of value (videos, newsletters, book recs) every 7-10 days to try and keep the list warm.

In general, I get about a 15-20% open rate on emails I send. I get about 1 unsubscribe a month.

In the spirit of trying to only create what the market needs and asks for, I included a simple little blurb at the end of my newsletter yesterday asking them what 2 questions they would have if they could sit down with me 1-1.

Crickets. Nothing. Nada.

My question: What could I do differently to get them to respond? I feel stuck. If they don't respond, I can't create a product offer for them. I feel like 15-20% open rate isn't bad, but then, if they don't respond with feedback, what does it matter.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
How much traffic are you getting?

You may not have enough traffic & subscribers to obtain meaningful data & thus conclusions.

Also, your request in your email is a big one--sit down for a 1-on-1? Instead, send a standalone email with a good subject, where the whole point of the email is to solicit feedback:
  • What are their biggest challenges right now?
  • What do they need help with?
  • What do they wish they had?
Have readers reply to the email and/or fill out a simple (like, 3 question) survey. Lower the bar for getting initial feedback. You can always follow up with people who respond.

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
How much traffic are you getting?

You may not have enough traffic & subscribers to obtain meaningful data & thus conclusions.

Also, your request in your email is a big one--sit down for a 1-on-1? Instead, send a standalone email with a good subject, where the whole point of the email is to solicit feedback:
  • What are their biggest challenges right now?
  • What do they need help with?
  • What do they wish they had?
Have readers reply to the email and/or fill out a simple (like, 3 question) survey. Lower the bar for getting initial feedback. You can always follow up with people who respond.

You're right, I may not have enough subscribers to obtain meaningful data. I am committed to getting this seed launch going however, so I think maybe your idea of sending another stand alone email is a good idea. And maybe a survey is a way to make things easier for them, but wouldn't that be a sort of "forced choice" situation? (Im coming up with the issues instead of them?)

Another idea I had is to offer another lead magnet for those that respond? Something of value to get them to respond further?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.