The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Any SEO Advice? I'm here to help you

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Using backlinking analytics tools, get all your competitor's backlinks. And try to get the same links as them.

Where do you suggest looking for good quality links?

Firstly you need to define what a good quality link is. In an ideal world you would want a link that is

. From a related website
. On a high PR (IE. Over 5) PAGE (not just domain PR)
. On a domain with good Moztrust/Trustrank
. Contextually inserted amongst a group of semantically related phrases
. From a website with high traffic (to refer traffic to you)

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Hey guido65

Im not trying to burst your bubble but you said you had your own seo company right?

Do all seo companies use blackhat techniques?
Do you use blackhat techniques?

What do you think about article marketing to get traffic? I know this one guy on the warriorforum who gets more traffic through his articles then he does being number 1 on google.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Just ran across this the other day would like to get your thoughts:

Moneywords: Your Key to the Keyword Kingdom – Part 2 | ClickBank Blog

it isn't the most detailed post... I'd probably want to see how much each keyword "costs" as a measure of commercial intent, but I think it is a useful starting point?

MoneywordMatrix-competition-latest.png

Do you use a system like this for choosing which keywords to target?

Hi,

Thanks for the post. The most important thing to be aware of is that be very cautious of any information from the Google keyword tool. Because experience has shown that is always MASSIVELY over estimates the amount of traffic a keyword receives. You must always select EXACT match and if you are in position number 1 expect to get significantly less traffic than even exact estimates. Also the amount of traffic you receive from position 2 onwards is a significant amount lower than if your were in position 1. I have a client who is in number 1 for keyword that supposedly gets 18,000 exact searches per month and even he only gets 4,000 visits from that keyword each month (although it is a money keyword so he gets good business off that).

With SEO you should always pick keywords that you have a chance of being numbers 1 - 3 anything below that gets a trickle of traffic.

Thanks

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@guido - Nice bits of info in this thread.. PM me with your company info and pricing. I'm actually looking to outsource much of the SEO in the next months..

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Can you recommend a tool for optimizing your ON-page SEO for your target keywords? Additional on-page SEO tips? Thanks.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Good sense of marketing your service ;-) Let's support this guy!

Just wanted to let you know if you need any SEO advice for you website online marking business, then I am here to help you (for free of course).

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Sorry, but I have another newbie question --

Is there a *reliable* tool that shows you what page you're ranked on Google / Bing / Yahoo for certain keywords? The online ones I've came across don't seem to be very reliable / up to date.

Or, even better yet, is there a reliable tool that shows you *every* keyword that your website is ranked at across google / yahoo / bing? Like, if I could just type in my domain name, the tool would show me a list of keywords that my site is ranked for, and the positions for each keyword, for each search engine.

Thanks.

----
Edit: This tool seems to be the most reliable I've found so far, *if* you know the keywords you want to search for. But doesn't show you every keyword that your site is ranked for.
http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/

----

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Wow, Advanced Web Ranking looks like they have some really useful tools. Thanks for the info and the freebie tip!

Rep Speed++

accelerator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 25, 2011
How's my seo strategy:

150+ Do follow social bookmarking (digg,reddit, etc)
1k+ Blog posts on blogs ranging from 0pr to 4 pr ( in content links, with 70%+ spun content)
500+ Article posts on article directories ranging from 0pr to 6 pr ( 35+% spun content)
Site wide link on 5+ sites with page ranks of 1 to 4
Blog posts on high quality related sites with PR of 3+

Anything am missing?

Doing it mostly greyhat with some white/blackhat.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
How's my seo strategy:

150+ Do follow social bookmarking (digg,reddit, etc)
1k+ Blog posts on blogs ranging from 0pr to 4 pr ( in content links, with 70%+ spun content)
500+ Article posts on article directories ranging from 0pr to 6 pr ( 35+% spun content)
Site wide link on 5+ sites with page ranks of 1 to 4
Blog posts on high quality related sites with PR of 3+

Anything am missing?

Doing it mostly greyhat with some white/blackhat.

Hi,

I think you are definitely along the right lines, low-mid competition what you have outlined will get you ranked. Higher competition then you might need to add a little more but your strategy is sound

smith360

Banned
Apr 9, 2011
I'd like to know more on this too. We have an e-commerce site that had several pages deleted from the index. The only thing I can find that might effect these pages is that they have original manufacture descriptions as the bulk of the copy on the page. These were top ranked pages that are now just gone.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
I'd like to know more on this too. We have an e-commerce site that had several pages deleted from the index. The only thing I can find that might effect these pages is that they have original manufacture descriptions as the bulk of the copy on the page. These were top ranked pages that are now just gone.

Firstly are you absolutely sure the pages have been deindexed?

Have you checked webmaster tools?
Accidently blocked search engines with robots.txt command?
You checked any server issues View HTTP Request and Response Header

Also remember Google have recently rolled out a huge algorythm change Panda Update, particular attention to pages that are low quality/duplicate content.

There is a possibility you were caught up in that.

Toiletcake

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 4, 2007
Hey all,

I wanted to to let everyone know who may be interested that after I had a few discussions with Guy, "guido65" I have hired his company to add some much needed link building on 6 keywords in my industry.

He seemed very knowledgeable and all of his methods aligned with my Seo process thats helped me dominate my niche. Guy is going to put the fire under these keywords in an effort to move them from the 1st and 2nd pages to the number 1-3 spots on Google, Yahoo and Msn.

I will update the thread with his performance. Should be fun

Here are where the keywords are currently ranked in Google. Keywords from highest exact searches per day "5-10" within my industry and respective positions

Keyword #5 Position 10

Keyword #6 Position 4

Keyword #7 Position 10

Keyword #8 Position 2

Keyword #9 Position 19

Keyword #10 Position 13

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Same here...

I emailed guido65 and he gave me an estimated quote on my keyword.
I dont want to be on the computer all day and Im looking for some outsourcing.

I want to see where I can get on my own but

Guido65' services is definately on my radar list

Nicolas43

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 27, 2010
Canada
SBI as an SEO

Hi Guido,

How good is the SBI system in terms of SEO? I have zero programming experience and am thinking of using SBI for my website since they take care of all the technical/ marketing challenges and let you focus on your site.

Thanks

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
This is kind of a 2 part question... First, do you think that "funnel sites" or "silo sites" (explained below) as a strategy to improve your conversions still works? And second, regarding exact-match-keyword domain names, which of the options listed below do you think would help the most for SERP?

A member of this forum posted a few years back about creating "funnel sites" or "silo sites" that would act as informational sites, to warm up the customer, then directing the warmed up customer to a landing page on your main site. Since it was about 4 years ago that he posted this strategy, I'm not sure if it still works or not, but I'm willing to give it a try.

As an example, let's say I have a lead-gen site for nail salons and my website is NailSalons.com. On my website, let's say I have a page about "french manicures" and that is the keyword I'm trying to improve my SERP for.

I'm hoping to get an exact-match domain name for my keyword "french manicures" and build my funnel site with it. However, I'm finding that the exact match domains are pretty much all taken, which brings me to my second question - which of these domain names would be better to purchase for SERP purposes:

1) FrenchManicure.info
2) FrenchManicure.biz
3) French-Manicure.net
4) French-Manicure.org

Thanks!

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I think all of them would work fine. But if french manicure is a highly competitive term, the exact domain match may not help you that much. You would still need to do some SEO for the new domain.

If it were me I would choose the .net and .org.

Edit: the term doesn't look too competitive based on the search results.

Thanks Bio, I was thinking the hyphenated .net or .org would be better too.

French Manicure isn't the real keyword I'm using though, not even in the same industry; just using it as an example. The keywords I'm looking at have even less competition, so hopefully having the exact match will help.

Thanks again! Rep++

Edit: After double-checking, some of the keywords I'm looking at have less competition, some have quite a lot more and would definitely need SEO work. So I'll probably focus on building up the low competition keywords and turning them into the funnel sites. Thanks.

Mschiavon

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 23, 2011
Hi, I own a humble blogsite where I would love to see more visitors. I'm currently working on a freelance site and they have an awesome affiliation program that I would like to promote. You think that there is any chance for me?

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Hi Guido,

How good is the SBI system in terms of SEO? I have zero programming experience and am thinking of using SBI for my website since they take care of all the technical/ marketing challenges and let you focus on your site.

Thanks

I know many people use it but I have not had experience myself, its very easy to learn Wordpress which is very SEO friendly and has lots of great plugins for SEO/Internet Marketing. Simple method is to choose keywords, optimise a page for those keywords build links to that page and watch your site rise. Get traffic, work on conversion, rinse and repeat.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Hey guido65.
How important is pr link for seo?
Can 1000 pr1 links beat 20 pr5 links?

Like this eg:
1000 pr0 links > 10 pr1 links?

60 pr 3 links > 5 pr 7 links?

200 pr 4 links> 50 pr 7 links?

If I put my effort and had 200 pr 4 links for my website then would that beat someone who has 50 pr 7 links?

Or another example, if I put 60 pr3 links for my website then would that be better then if another person had 50 pr7 links for his website?

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Hey guido65.
How important is pr link for seo?
Can 1000 pr1 links beat 20 pr5 links?

Like this eg:
1000 pr0 links > 10 pr1 links?

60 pr 3 links > 5 pr 7 links?

200 pr 4 links> 50 pr 7 links?

If I put my effort and had 200 pr 4 links for my website then would that beat someone who has 50 pr 7 links?

Or another example, if I put 60 pr3 links for my website then would that be better then if another person had 50 pr7 links for his website?

I think this chart might be useful to you Bozigian.

How many backlinks required to get certain PageRank? | INSIDE HACKS

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Incase you guys didnt click on the link:
Do not know the accuracy though
PageRank-Links%20Table.jpg

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
Hi,

If you run a wordpress website then an excellent tool is SEOPressor Wordpress Plugin or another good tool is SEO Quake for Firefox, gives you a very quick look at the onpage SEO.

One of the best tips I can give you is, you want to make your page seem as relevant as possible to the search engines. Remember the search engines job is to give the user the most relevant result.

Now you might ask, how do I know what Google thinks is relevant for my keyword? Well Google actually tells us!

What you need to do is pick your target keyword and then type in your keyword into Google. Make a note of the "searches related to ....." at the bottom of the page. Then include them on the page.

After that click on "more search tools" then "Google wonder wheel" and again Google will show the EXACT keyword that are related to the keyword you are trying to optimise for. So make sure you include them.

That way you will have a webpage that Google deems to be highly relevant for your target keyword.

Hope that helps

I have a question to this: I'm running online language school and the keyword is 'english online' (in Polish of course since I'm in Poland). Using Google wonder wheel I can see the there are not many keywords that I can use such as: "english online for kids" (we don't do this), "english translator" (we're not), "english online for free" (well, You get the idea). So I used only those: english online, english on-line (yes, version with dash), english through internet. Have I done it correctly?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Incase you guys didnt click on the link:
Do not know the accuracy though

I think the chart is off too because our website has over 15k dofollow backlinks from PR1 and PR2 sites in related industries, and several PR3 - PR6 links from unrelated industries (and directories) and the site still has a page rank of N/A.

But maybe they mean that each link needs to come from a separate IP and the PR has to be of that page, rather than of the site's home page PR. That may be why we are still PR N/A, plus the site is only about 6 months old; not sure how long it takes for the big G to calculate your pagerank.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
As mentioned before, you need a mixture of both get link from actual page of PR 3+ but also get links on pages with a PR0 BUT from domains with high pr eg PR8 +.

Of course I am not privy to the Google algo but my opinion is that it would look strange and unnatural to Google if all your links were from high PR pages so you need links from PR0 pages as well.

When link building the aim is to imitate what a natural linking profile looks, of course Google knows you are building your own links but you still want to strive for a natural pattern. Also always try and build a site that encourages natural links. Combined with your own link building this is powerful.

If you want to know what natural looks like take a page a Wikipedia and have a look at its backlinks.Its pretty much guaranteed that those links were attracted naturally so you can get a feel of what a natural profile looks like.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
I have a question to this: I'm running online language school and the keyword is 'english online' (in Polish of course since I'm in Poland). Using Google wonder wheel I can see the there are not many keywords that I can use such as: "english online for kids" (we don't do this), "english translator" (we're not), "english online for free" (well, You get the idea). So I used only those: english online, english on-line (yes, version with dash), english through internet. Have I done it correctly?

Also don't forget to always look at "searches related" to keyword, Google displays these at the bottom of the page. In your instance I get this

learn english online
english online test
teach english online
english online movies
english games online
irish english online translator
russian english online dictionary
watch johnny english online

I would create articles optimised for these keywords on your site and link back to you homepage using your main anchor text "english online" within the article. Use Wikipedia as an examples of excellent internal linking.

Also create a series of Web 2.0 properties each optimised for one of those keywords and link back to your homepage and bookmark the Web 2.0 properties and you'll get some nice link juice and SERP movement. Also if you'll find the Web 2.0 properties will rank themselves.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.