The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need an exciting idea to pursue today!

Idea threads

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hey Guys - I am feeling extra fastlane today and in a great mood as well. Somebody throw out an idea to advance my Architecture business that I can complete in the next say 10 hours. I appreciate in advance thoughts from your different perspectives.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Make money.

Poking fun of course, but we need more info before we can give you ideas. What have you done so far? What still needs to be done?

Maybe take the 10 hours and figure out why you are so energized and motivated today, try and replicate it so it's an everyday feeling, that would produce weeks of productivity, where now it's just 10 hours.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Write an ebook to help budding architect advance their career. Either a guide to pass a test, design choices they can make that will save clients money (and in turn make them look good).

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Poking fun of course, but we need more info before we can give you ideas. What have you done so far? What still needs to be done?

Maybe take the 10 hours and figure out why you are so energized and motivated today, try and replicate it so it's an everyday feeling, that would produce weeks of productivity, where now it's just 10 hours.

Great ideas, keep them coming.

This business is a fully functioning firm (10 years) that I am nudging into the fastlane.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I agree with Flint...tell us more about your business.
You know your business better than anyone...can you ask your clients what they want ? Do they complain ? What works well, what doesn't, what can be made better ? Look for problems....but first tell us what you're doing .

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Write an ebook to help budding architect advance their career. Either a guide to pass a test, design choices they can make that will save clients money (and in turn make them look good).

Great idea!

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
You know your business better than anyone...can you ask your clients what they want ? Do they complain ? What works well, what doesn't, what can be made better ? Look for problems....but first tell us what you're doing .

Clients love what we do, our product works very well and very few complaints. To get into the fastlane, I need to address scaling and some additional profit centers.

tamo42

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jan 9, 2013
I'm thinking more in the Dan Kennedy-esque lead generation info product. Put together a special report on the 7 Deadly Sins to Avoid When Hiring an Architect (or whatever). Do some advertising, capture lead info, and then sell lead info to local or national architect firms.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA

I think Bigguns is onto something here. Maybe create a customer survey asking what you can improve on and what you do well or bad. Offer them a small discount on their next purchase or a free appraisal, something to compel them to do the survey.

As for making it fastlane...

Increase your client base
Opening a branch in a new city
Write eBooks about the subject (Like Dennis mentioned) you could do a series of 10 different things about architecture, sell them all individually or as a package
Start an architecture blog and eventually sell ebooks on the site, direct them towards your site for their architectural needs

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Food for though:

Ching Ho's answer to Money: How did you make your first million dollars? - Quora

Could you emulate the architecture part and scale it to EVERYONE building a restaurant(In regards to how he drew his own plans, etc)

IE: Is there anyway you could charge 10 or 15 grand for a plan when everyone else is charging 100 grant by automating certain aspects or standardizing certain things?

Keep in mind, I know nothing about architecture, just a thought.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Wow, fantastic insights. 2:43 update - Writing an article "Top 3 things I can't believe Architects do", one paragraph already finished for each thing...need to figure out how to get it out to the world. 7 hours left

ZDS - that is exactly how our company works.
Inlikeflint - love the idea of another branch and increased base, implementing it now.
Tamo42 - I am new to lead generation, I have always done it the old school face to face way. Need to learn more...

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Any way you could scale the marketing / sales side?

IE: Could you potentially develop partnerships with lets say Chili's or any other franchiseable place that needs architecture plans done?

It seems like a pretty good deal for both sides-- You help them lower the average cost of franchise, thereby increasing their average persons ROI. You get more customers in return because they send everyone to you.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Any way you could scale the marketing / sales side?

IE: Could you potentially develop partnerships with lets say Chili's or any other franchiseable place that needs architecture plans done?

It seems like a pretty good deal for both sides-- You help them lower the average cost of franchise, thereby increasing their average persons ROI. You get more customers in return because they send everyone to you.

Man, ZDS you are on it. We actually do exactly that for semi-regional commercial clients. An additional branch/increased base might make this thing fastlane in no time.

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
Get a list of construction companies in your area that may need architecture services. I don't know if you can provide other services but i know that in NY you need an architect to do everything from building a house to adding an addition. I would get a list together and send an email out followed by a phone call telling them what you do and ask if they need anything.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Quick update on the results of the 10 hour challenge:

1. I started another branch of my business (Atlanta). Forecast to produce $250k by this time next year.
2. Expanded my "Top 3 Thing I can't believe Architects do" article to 20 things, now turning it into an E-book. Hope to launch it early 2014.
3. Trying to stop laughing at myself. It's insane what 10 dedicated hours can produce.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.