The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm Rohan. 21yo male. I've wasted too much time being scared, I wish to start changing things now. Somehow.

Skeptic Boffin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 4, 2024
(I thought I'd be able to change the name right away, but it is not allowed for until a month now)

I would consider myself quite incompetent as whole. I've been really bad at staying inspired and acting instead of endlessly planning and procrastinating. And I'm hoping I'll get somewhere surrounded by you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
559%
Apr 17, 2022
I would consider myself quite incompetent as whole.
Welcome to the 21-year-old club.

And congratulations on being aware of your own shortcomings. Most idiots wake up at around 30, and then it hurts a lot more.

Now it's time for action:

1. Define your core skillset.
Imagine you're creating a character in a video game, but that character is you. And you can craft yourself into anything you want. So who are you going to be?

2. Develop a strategy/roadmap
If you know who you want to be in 5 years, who do you need to be by the end of the month? How about by the end of the day?

3. Action
Stop thinking about the past, shut down all the bullshit and distractions, and get to work immediately. Time flies at an alarming rate and there will be no refunds.

Good luck.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I would consider myself quite incompetent as whole.

Because you're 21. Competent 21 year olds are rare, and they got that way by working at it.

I've been really bad at staying inspired and acting instead of endlessly planning and procrastinating.

Your history is not your destiny!

And I'm hoping I'll get somewhere surrounded by you guys.

Don't hope. What will you do today to move forward?

Welcome to the forum

Skeptic Boffin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 4, 2024
Because you're 21. Competent 21 year olds are rare, and they got that way by working at it.

Welcome to the forum

And congratulations on being aware of your own shortcomings. Most idiots wake up at around 30, and then it hurts a lot more.

Imagine you're creating a character in a video game, but that character is you. And you can craft yourself into anything you want. So who are you going to be?

If you know who you want to be in 5 years, who do you need to be by the end of the month? How about by the end of the day?

3. Action
Stop thinking about the past, shut down all the bullshit and distractions, and get to work immediately. Time flies at an alarming rate and there will be no refunds.

Good luck.

3. Action

Good luck.
Thank for your words. I'll stop messing around and be RIGHT AT IT.

3. Action

Good luck.
Thank you thank you. I'll be right at it. Right now. Thank you.

Skeptic Boffin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 4, 2024

Welcome to the forum
Yes. I'll start putting in the work right now. Thanks!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Wow great to hear you’re going to be
“Getting after it!” And
“Putting in the work!”

So motivational!

Doing what exactly?

There’s nothing specific, nothing real, nothing actionable, just buzzwords.

What are you saying thanks for? Nobody told you how to do anything. There’s no goals outlined that I see. There’s no to-do list in front of you. Just “define your skill set”. You have no skill set! You’re a kid with nothing there is no skill set yet lol.

What is your actual goal?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
(I thought I'd be able to change the name right away, but it is not allowed for until a month now)

I would consider myself quite incompetent as whole. I've been really bad at staying inspired and acting instead of endlessly planning and procrastinating. And I'm hoping I'll get somewhere surrounded by you guys.
Welcome.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
559%
Apr 17, 2022
Just “define your skill set”. You have no skill set! You’re a kid with nothing there is no skill set yet lol.
By "define your skillset" I meant to choose the F*cking things that you need to get good at in order to accomplish your goal.

This, however, implies that a goal has already been set and the target is very clear.

Skeptic Boffin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 4, 2024
Wow great to hear you’re going to be
“Getting after it!” And
“Putting in the work!”

So motivational!

Doing what exactly?

There’s nothing specific, nothing real, nothing actionable, just buzzwords.

What are you saying thanks for? Nobody told you how to do anything. There’s no goals outlined that I see. There’s no to-do list in front of you. Just “define your skill set”. You have no skill set! You’re a kid with nothing there is no skill set yet lol.

What is your actual goal?
Well as I said. I primarily joined to get inspired. And I thanked them because that's precisely what happened.

I didn't state what I was going to do, but I spent 5 hours learning coding after I put that message.

I ate healthy and rejected junk food available right in my kitchen for the first time in many months today, effortlessly.

A young friend of mine from another country was shit scared of his exams and because I was inspired, I was able to get him back on track.

This might all sound bullshit, but I'm saying it's just way way better than what I did with my time yesterday.

As of setting goals, I'll be doing just that as a next step. I just wanted to BEGIN first, and then when I know I'm not afraid to take action, then I wanted to begin goal setting and all that.
Because setting goals is easy I say, but F*cking following them is so hard oh my god. That's why I came here as I am almost sure that more than any software, the company I keep is what is going to keep me going. As of now, I don't have anyone in my contacts list who would give a F*ck about basically anything unorthodox and long term.

How would you suggest I keep up with my goals? I guess it's just the value which people find in us which makes us go ahead? Idk really It's been a while I've been in the realm of non-procrastination and am open to being corrected and 'straightened'

Also I haven't got money for the sumo software lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...