The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My upwork account got banned what should i do?

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Instead of trying to get back on Upwork, it's time to learn to find clients on your own. Stop using Upwork as a crutch for putting in the entrepreneurial footwork. You will never have control which is one of the worst commandments to break.

This is a good idea. Also on upwork, You'll never be able to actually charge what you're worth.

For example, paid ad management. When I was trying to find work on there I was expecting to charge people $1-2k + for paid ad management monthly. Most people on upwork aren't willing to pay that much, and with the whole proposal/bidding system, you never get a chance to really sell them on your services. There's dozens of other people bidding on the job, and a lot of people will go for a relatively cheap option.

You basically are begging them to accept your proposal, because any idiot can sign up on upwork and say they manage paid advertising, then undercut you on price.

There are people who make liveable incomes on upwork and being a freelancer, but in my opinion upwork sucks as far as getting paid what your worth. If you learn some basic marketing/sales skills, you should be able to get some clients that will pay you what you are worth.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
There are people who make liveable incomes on upwork and being a freelancer, but in my opinion upwork sucks as far as getting paid what your worth. If you learn some basic marketing/sales skills, you should be able to get some clients that will pay you what you are worth.

There's a lot of garbage on Upwork, but I think that a lot of people overlook the high end. I'd been freelancing full or part time for more than 25 years when a prospective client asked me to sign up for Upwork because that was how he was managing his other freelancers. I've never been a fan of freelancing platforms and never intended to use the platform for other clients. But, it turned out that if you have skills that really set you apart in a niche, picking up the best jobs there can be like picking up candy off the sidewalk after a parade. I would never recommend that anyone use it as their sole source of income, but I still use the site as one of several channels as it requires the least investment of time and energy to pick up work. Even direct referrals typically require a bit more time before hiring than Upwork clients.

It certainly requires trading time for money, so may not be anyone's end goal, but for someone who is highly skilled and just looking to cherry-pick paying work as needed while focusing on something else, it can offer a very streamlined approach to earning.

curiousmarketer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 4, 2019
Were you exchanging your Skype or Email with clients in the Private messaging? Just curious to know if that's considered as a trigger for account suspension or flagging.

deewinc

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2020
I woke up one day and found that my account has been suspended for many too many unsuccessful proposals. I do find it to be so unfair and suspect especially coming a week after I had cancelled my Upwork Membership Subscription. I still had connects worth around $40 when they permanently suspended the account. I had not submitted any bid for around 4 weeks prior to the suspension.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.