- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 620
Rep Bank
$965
$965
User Power: 17%
Hi All,
I just started a new J-O-B in a call center that works for various campaigns such as weight loss products, virility products, memory products and just in general a bunch of 'all natural' crap that's over priced.
These campaigns are built on 'soft-offers', meaning, the prospect, or customer, doesn't truly know what the price of the item is. Generally these ads are ridden with the words 'risk free trial' or 'call now to find out how to get your free supply today'. It is my job to build the need of the product and then up sell, cross sell and put them into a continuity program.
Well after today, a 12 hour shift for me, I am generally really sick of stupid people. Who the heck in this country really expects everything for free these days?
"Hi, I need to lose 200 lbs, but I don't want to put in any effort or pay for anything. Where's my free supply."
It's this type of caller that I am loathing and is generally causing me to have an extreme dislike for this job. Yea, there are callers out there that don't expect the sticker price that I give them, but they are smart enough to realize that there is SOMETHING they must pay (even if it's just shipping and handling for a risk free trial, which is not free, just free of risk).
Seriously, I get some of the slowest callers in the country. I really just want to reach through the phone and choke them, yelling 'do you really EXPECT free hand outs?'. Common sense should tell a person that no company is really in existence to give out free samples with free shipping. That just does not work.
/gripe off.
p.s. I've had this online handle for over ten years, I think it's about time to change.
I just started a new J-O-B in a call center that works for various campaigns such as weight loss products, virility products, memory products and just in general a bunch of 'all natural' crap that's over priced.
These campaigns are built on 'soft-offers', meaning, the prospect, or customer, doesn't truly know what the price of the item is. Generally these ads are ridden with the words 'risk free trial' or 'call now to find out how to get your free supply today'. It is my job to build the need of the product and then up sell, cross sell and put them into a continuity program.
Well after today, a 12 hour shift for me, I am generally really sick of stupid people. Who the heck in this country really expects everything for free these days?
"Hi, I need to lose 200 lbs, but I don't want to put in any effort or pay for anything. Where's my free supply."
It's this type of caller that I am loathing and is generally causing me to have an extreme dislike for this job. Yea, there are callers out there that don't expect the sticker price that I give them, but they are smart enough to realize that there is SOMETHING they must pay (even if it's just shipping and handling for a risk free trial, which is not free, just free of risk).
Seriously, I get some of the slowest callers in the country. I really just want to reach through the phone and choke them, yelling 'do you really EXPECT free hand outs?'. Common sense should tell a person that no company is really in existence to give out free samples with free shipping. That just does not work.
/gripe off.
p.s. I've had this online handle for over ten years, I think it's about time to change.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
