Hi, I've been reading this forum for the last 3 years.
I followed the advice from:
- @MJ DeMarco to build businesses based on problems and needs instead of our ideas,
- @Andy Black to just help people,
- @eliquid to do a business in the domain that I know.
It was very helpful for me and I started to focus on the following facts:
- my main domain is software development (I'm a full-stack dev with nice skills)
- I'm a member of some groups for software devs on FB and every day people ask about "how to start learning programming" and "how to become a professional dev" - these are their real problems.
- I know the answers to those questions and sometimes I answered them and got a lot of likes (so I was helping).
As a result, I've started creating the online course for people who want to become software dev (something like a roadmap with extra advice based on my experience). I describe my process here: EXECUTION - QUESTION - My next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust of my business road.
I didn't have any audience. I just answered in those groups.
I prepared a landing page with a presale and got 4 customers for 30% of the final price.
Next, I created half the course and started to sell for 50% of the final price (0 customers despite the advertising on FB).
Nom I'm working on the second half of the course to finish it but I'm wondering what is wrong with my actions. 0 customers in the second round of sales?
Additionally, I have a lead magnet (free, short e-books) and collected 50 emails. Nobody from this group has bought.
What is the problem? People don't trust me?
Maybe should I create a TikTok and Instagram account and upload short, free, valuable content?
And my biggest question - where is the moment when I should decide that this course doesn't make sense and the next step is looking for other business? I have a lot of ideas to help those people, they ask every day for similar things and my course answers those questions, but nobody buys it.
Best regards.
I followed the advice from:
- @MJ DeMarco to build businesses based on problems and needs instead of our ideas,
- @Andy Black to just help people,
- @eliquid to do a business in the domain that I know.
It was very helpful for me and I started to focus on the following facts:
- my main domain is software development (I'm a full-stack dev with nice skills)
- I'm a member of some groups for software devs on FB and every day people ask about "how to start learning programming" and "how to become a professional dev" - these are their real problems.
- I know the answers to those questions and sometimes I answered them and got a lot of likes (so I was helping).
As a result, I've started creating the online course for people who want to become software dev (something like a roadmap with extra advice based on my experience). I describe my process here: EXECUTION - QUESTION - My next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust of my business road.
I didn't have any audience. I just answered in those groups.
I prepared a landing page with a presale and got 4 customers for 30% of the final price.
Next, I created half the course and started to sell for 50% of the final price (0 customers despite the advertising on FB).
Nom I'm working on the second half of the course to finish it but I'm wondering what is wrong with my actions. 0 customers in the second round of sales?
Additionally, I have a lead magnet (free, short e-books) and collected 50 emails. Nobody from this group has bought.
What is the problem? People don't trust me?
Maybe should I create a TikTok and Instagram account and upload short, free, valuable content?
And my biggest question - where is the moment when I should decide that this course doesn't make sense and the next step is looking for other business? I have a lot of ideas to help those people, they ask every day for similar things and my course answers those questions, but nobody buys it.
Best regards.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
