The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My New Journey Spinventing"Solving Problems Inventing"

spinventing

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 25, 2020
Kansas City
Hey fellow inventors and entrepreneurs!

I am starting a thread on my journey as an inventor. ( I have never really thought of myself as an entrepreneur because the word usually left a bad taste in my mouth. I now have a different view on it and will be working on my skills as an entrepreneur). I have kept a log of many ideas that I have come across over the years. Some were made already, some have been made after I thought of it, and some have not been made. That has not discouraged me any though because the sky's the limit for inventions, and it helps me know I am on the right track. I know I can always think of something else.

I love solving problems. The reason I made my name Spinventing is Solving Problems Inventing. I know cheesy , not saying there isn't room for improvement there.
My dream is to have one or a few successful inventions, have financial freedom, and become a "Master Inventor". My Passion is to give my family an amazing life and be able to help other basement/closet inventors be successful. I don't want to be a greedy person either. I want to see them succeed. So many people are paralyzed by fear. Fear of someone stealing their idea. Fear of failure. Fear of losing money. I want to help quench that. I want to give them an army and an arsenal to fight with. Until recently, all this has just been an idea. A dream. One that I had no idea where to start so I didn't.

What changed? Well I took a layoff so the risk of getting my newborn son sick from C0VlD-19 would go down. We have been isolated, and I'll admit, I spent most my time on the X-Box. I even spent like 200 bucks on GTA smh... yes real money...
Anyways, something shifted. I actually think it started from GTA. I was managing businesses, coke labs, nightclubs, heists. I think it got my gears turning on maybe I could pull something off in real life LEGALLY lol. The song with the beginning words "I just wan't to be a Billionaire, so freakin bad" started running through my head over and over. I started looking for financial books. I had no idea what to look for. I also had not read a book in over 3 years. Somehow I came across @MJ DeMarco and his book The Millionaire Fastlane . The reviews sold it for me and I bought the digital version on the kindle app.

I have been freaking going mad taking everything in and reading more and learning more. I put down the X-Box. My wife is probably annoyed because I have chosen reading over sex multiple times... I have been reading and learning while everyone watches a movie, reading while fishing ect. I can't get enough. When I get tired of learning I just read MJ's books more and it stirs me even more. I am a slow reader and learner which sucks, but I'm use to that. But once I get it, I really get it (concepts anyways). I am in the middle of Unscripted , and man it is a long book, but super good! I have a hard time imagining being as good of a writer as MJ, but down the road when I am in freedom, I do plan on writing a book. But that is another day.

Today, I spent a lot of time looking into 3-D printers. I finally pulled the trigger on a couple and I am stoked. Not only that but I finally drew up some of my ideas and man! The creative juices really start flowing when you put it down on paper and brainstorm on your ideas. I also read the The Independent Inventor's handbook. What a great book to prepare your mind for what's ahead. Yeah some of it is intimidating, but thanks to MJ's books I want to take the challenges head on. I really needed both types of literature to get me going. *** I also bought a web host service after starting The Fastlane and started a website, kind of lol. I definitely probably could have gone about it better, but I am going to make the most of what I got now. I am starting FreeCodeCamp and it is helping me quite a bit.

For those of you that are spending your time reading this, I really appreciate it. But even if no one reads this I am freaking stoked and I have to share it with like minded people! My family tries to be supportive, but they are so stuck in the scripted lifestyle, they have a hard time relating lol. I hope I can eventually get in contact with some of you and learn from you wisdom and experience. I know it is not an easy road, but like I have been reading, thats the road I want to take. Hopefully I can become an INSIDERS at some point, but for now I gotta focus on getting this rusty and broken down machine running. I will update this thread as I go on and reach various landmarks. I have big plans with small beginnings but I am thankful I found such a good support system as this and such a good coach as MJ.

Thanks so much you guys and God bless!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro my friend, glad you enjoyed the books, so much that you chose them over, well, fun with the wife? Ha Ha, welcome aboard. Sounds like you've got your expectations set well, it won't be easy, but it will be challenging and rewarding.

I love solving problems. The reason I made my name Spinventing is Solving Problems Inventing. I know cheesy , not saying there isn't room for improvement there.

Love it!

spinventing

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 25, 2020
Kansas City
Awesome intro my friend, glad you enjoyed the books, so much that you chose them over, well, fun with the wife? Ha Ha, welcome aboard. Sounds like you've got your expectations set well, it won't be easy, but it will be challenging and rewarding.

Love it!
Wow! Thanks! I am honored you used your time to read all that haha. I kinda went all "fangirl" when I saw your comment hahahaha

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019