The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Life Is a Mess -- And there's no "motivation"

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Hey!

This is my 2nd intro... but it's the "real one."

A few years ago, I created an intro thread, stating that I want to pursue a business and how driven I was to do something with my life. At that time, I did an apprenticeship and wanted to start my own (web design) business.

Fast forward a few years (6!), my life is a mess and I'm the only one to blame.

I'm still living at my parent's house (I'm 26) and need to borrow money from my dad regularly to pay insurance.

When I spend time with other people, I always wear a mask pretending everything is ok -- when, in fact, I'm just lying to them.

I spent the last 6 years studying copywriting -- and literally half of my life programming.
I wanted to combine these two skills and offer businesses to redo their websites to get new clients.

But I'm F*cking insecure.

The thought of someone calling me for business just freaks me out because I think I don't have "enough" skills or I'm just lousy at doing business.

So I did around 15 jobs on Upwork so I can deal with clients via text... and escape my fear of speaking to someone directly.
But Upwork is so competitive that it's not possible to make a living.

So most of the time I did... nothing.
Sitting in my room, reading about programming, copywriting or persuasion.

I mastered the art of action faking.

I was quite comfortable doing nothing. I always knew, I was slipping into more and more trouble by doing nothing but I couldn't link enough pain to the fact that I don't have any income.

Of course, I was worried when I could get e.g. a new haircut because I waited for my parents to give me $20 every once in a while.

But all in all, I got so accustomed to not having any money that I only spent around $100 in the last 7 months. And so I had no "motivation" to earn money. It's ridiculous.

Of course, I felt down once in a while. Sometimes F*cking down. But I always thought: "ok, that's it. That's how my life is."

I was always the guy who played safe, who just had to take out his phone to call his parents when something bad was happening and who got out of most of the things by having his parents helping him.

The only thing they couldn't offer me any help was something that happened last week...

I was doing the #1 thing I do to escape my miserable life... dating a girl I "met" on Tinder. To make it short, she blew my mind. We met 3 times within 1 week... and unfortunately, she moved backed to her home country yesterday.

And now I feel F*cking miserable because...
she's away and...
because I feel how everything around me is a mess. She distracted me so much that -- since she's away -- I'm in such a void to see how miserable my life is:
How I don't have any options to do things I like. How I can't go and watch movies. How I can't buy new clothes... How I can't do things I want.

I was always the guy who read about other people who had their life together and were working hard so they could say e.g.: "F*ck that, I'm going with her for a few weeks."
Unfortunately (because of my choices), I'm not one of these guys. I've created my own "jail."

Sure, we (she and me) don't really know each other, and the point isn't to move together with her (this would be stupid). But I think, spontaneously packing my things, driving 10 hours to someplace I don't even speak the language of and spending a few weeks there could have ended in a lot of good (and valuable) experiences for me.

And this is were I feel, for the first time ever, that having no money really is a problem and boils down to not having any choices. It could have been such a nice time: Spending time in another country, working from there creating websites and getting more self confident along the way...

I've never been away from my parents for more than 1 week and I had always thought, "I'm not the guy who wants to visit other countries or live somewhere far away."
But I only thought that because of my insecurities, I think.

As I'm so pissed of about my behavior over the last few years, I created a direct mail for a local business to offer them to redo their website. I throw in the letter this evening (because I can't afford stamps...)
I attached a picture of it but chances are you can't read it (it's in German).

P.S. I want to apologize to everyone who read my text because it's full of negativity.

18-09-10 14-34-04 4867.jpg 18-09-10 14-34-15 4868.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mazzolini

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Feb 13, 2017
Detroit
Hey!

A few years ago, I created an intro thread, stating that I want to pursue a business and how driven I was to do something with my life. At that time, I did an apprenticeship and wanted to start my own (web design) business.

I'm still living at my parent's house (I'm 26) and need to borrow money from my dad regularly to pay insurance.

When I spend time with other people, I always wear a mask pretending everything is ok -- when, in fact, I'm just lying to them.

I spent the last 6 years studying copywriting -- and literally half of my life programming.
I wanted to combine these two skills and offer businesses to redo their websites to get new clients.

But I'm f*cking insecure.

The thought of someone calling me for business just freaks me out because I think I don't have "enough" skills or I'm just lousy at doing business.

So I did around 15 jobs on Upwork so I can deal with clients via text... and escape my fear of speaking to someone directly.

I was quite comfortable doing nothing. I always knew, I was slipping into more and more trouble by doing nothing but I couldn't link enough pain to the fact that I don't have any income.

Of course, I was worried when I could get e.g. a new haircut because I waited for my parents to give me $20 every once in a while.

But all in all, I got so accustomed to not having any money that I only spent around $100 in the last 7 months. And so I had no "motivation" to earn money. It's ridiculous.

Of course, I felt down once in a while. Sometimes f*cking down. But I always thought: "ok, that's it. That's how my life is."

I was always the guy who played safe, who just had to take out his phone to call his parents when something bad was happening and who got out of most of the things by having his parents helping him.

The only thing they couldn't offer me any help was something that happened last week...

I was doing the #1 thing I do to escape my miserable life... dating a girl I "met" on Tinder. To make it short, she blew my mind. We met 3 times within 1 week... and unfortunately, she moved backed to her home country yesterday.

And now I feel f*cking miserable because...
she's away and...
because I feel how everything around me is a mess. She distracted me so much that -- since she's away -- I'm in such a void to see how miserable my life is:
How I don't have any options to do things I like. How I can't go and watch movies. How I can't buy new clothes... How I can't do things I want.

I was always the guy who read about other people who had their life together and were working hard so they could say e.g.: "f*ck that, I'm going with her for a few weeks."
Unfortunately (because of my choices), I'm not one of these guys. I've created my own "jail."

Sure, we (she and me) don't really know each other, and the point isn't to move together with her (this would be stupid). But I think, spontaneously packing my things, driving 10 hours to someplace I don't even speak the language of and spending a few weeks there could have ended in a lot of good (and valuable) experiences for me.

And this is were I feel, for the first time ever, that having no money really is a problem and boils down to not having any choices. It could have been such a nice time: Spending time in another country, working from there creating websites and getting more self confident along the way...

I've never been away from my parents for more than 1 week and I had always thought, "I'm not the guy who wants to visit other countries or live somewhere far away."

As I'm so pissed of about my behavior over the last few years, I created a direct mail for a local business to offer them to redo their website. I throw in the letter this evening (because I can't afford stamps...)

P.S. I want to apologize to everyone who read my text because it's full of negativity.

View attachment 21497 View attachment 21496

You know what needs to be done, stop looking for us to tell you it’s gonna be alright. Get your act together, stop looking for an out. You have one life and that’s it. Pick up that phone and talk to people because it betters Who you are. You can overcome your fears, it just takes persistent action. You will fail, but as long as you learn from it, it makes you a better person.

Hit the gym, motivation comes from taking action.

Last edited:

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Nice Gary Halbert touch with the letter. I assume that's where you got it from.

Anyways... you've spent the last 6 years studying copywriting and a whole lot more on programming and action-faking. What are you doing for a living and why can't you afford to get a haircut? You have no job at all?

I might get some lashback for saying this, but it seems like you might be going for the freelancing/web design thing just because it's the safe option for you. Because it's so easy to sit in your room and in the end not even speak to anybody at all.

Being in your comfort zone is what got you here. It's the reason you've never been away from your parents for more than a week. You would benefit from going out of it.

I'd say you're in serious need of a big change. Only fools do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Get out in the real world. Talk to people and open your mind up. Find a way to support yourself. Get a job. Give this direct-mail thing a try, but don't fall in love with the idea of sitting by a laptop and designing websites. Maybe it turns out it's not for you, and if you only cross the boundaries of your comfort zone, you'll find the market where you're truly able to provide massive value.

There are tons of other business models that might fit your personality better.

If you only need to spend $100 in six months in a developed country you're not a real adult. Someone's taking care of you. You need to grab life by the balls, grow up and do things that hurt a little.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Nice Gary Halbert touch with the letter. I assume that's where you got it from.

Anyways... you've spent the last 6 years studying copywriting and a whole lot more on programming and action-faking. What are you doing for a living and why can't you afford to get a haircut? You have no job at all?

I might get some lashback for saying this, but it seems like you might be going for the freelancing/web design thing just because it's the safe option for you. Because it's so easy to sit in your room and in the end not even speak to anybody at all.

Being in your comfort zone is what got you here. It's the reason you've never been away from your parents for more than a week. You would benefit from going out of it.

I'd say you're in serious need of a big change. Only fools do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Get out in the real world. Talk to people and open your mind up. Find a way to support yourself. Get a job. Give this direct-mail thing a try, but don't fall in love with the idea of sitting by a laptop and designing websites. Maybe it turns out it's not for you, and if you only cross the boundaries of your comfort zone, you'll find the market where you're truly able to provide massive value.

There are tons of other business models that might fit your personality better.

If you only need to spend $100 in six months in a developed country you're not a real adult. Someone's taking care of you. You need to grab life by the balls, grow up and do things that hurt a little.

Thank you!

You are TOTALLY right in everything you said!

I don't have a job...

This "freelancing" thing offered me excuses to sit in my room and doing nothing. That's spot on what you said there.

To be honest, I hate doing websites and only did it in the past (on Upwork) to get a little bit of money. I don't know if I'd like it more if I had found a way to get more money per site (did $350 out of desperation and competition per website).

Yes, I'm in serious trouble, like you said.

Thank you, again, for your response.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Yeah, one part in UNSCRIPTED worries me:
It is theorized that there are "fake F*ck This Events" and only a true one will "motivate" you enough to turn you life around.

The book does not say if there is a way to force it. You seem to have a relatively high "pain tolerance".
I have a very stong "WHY" that pulls me and there are many things that "ANNOY" me a lot and push me ... but those things combined do not seem to be enough to create the required force for change.

Hopefully the dating story (or the related sentiment regarding your lack of options) is enough and qualifies as a F*ck This Event.

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hey!

But I'm f*cking insecure.

Of course, I felt down once in a while. Sometimes f*cking down. But I always thought: "ok, that's it. That's how my life is."

And now I feel f*cking miserable because...
she's away and...

I was always the guy who read about other people who had their life together and were working hard so they could say e.g.: "f*ck that, I'm going with her for a few weeks."

View attachment 21497 View attachment 21496

Hey bro, I understand your side to be totally lost and afraid of what is ahead in the dark... But take this one, the world will not stop because you are suffering... people will not stop to tell you how poor you are...

I congrats you for your courage to be open this situation for us and about the process of learning what you had learned in these past years, but now just go out and do something, doesn't matter if you have fear... now or never :)

Btw, very good act about the letter!! this is what I am talking about.

GG

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
revoked

Last edited:

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Hey @r6203,

your story is somehow similar to my story. I had to quit my job in 2013 from a metabolic disorder which took until late 2017 to get my quality of life of back but is still affecting me even today. I also had to move back in with my parents, lost most of my friends and even my girlfriend of almost 14 years.

But mate, this is not the end. You have to spent time doing other stuff, learning new things and open yourself up to the world. In this time i started working out again and made it a habit (3-4 times a week, every week, every year), i went from omnivore to vegetarian to vegan and educated myself on matters like nutrition, digestion, animal cruelty, how modern farming affects us and our world, postgrowth economies and related stuff, learned how to analyze publicly listed companies to build a portfolio for the "endgame" (a money system) and read MJ's books that ultimatively led to beeing able to see things from a producer and value provider standpoint which is invalueable.

Would i have learned all this if i wasn't forced to quit my job back then? Maybe, but probably not because i was quite satisfied with my sidewalk life. In retrospect i'm really happy that i had a chance to learn all this and effectively become "a better version of myself" and am able to start over again. The world doesn't care where you come from - only you do!

You're 26. Yes your situation sucks. But you're already down in a hole. Time to pick your stuff up and get out of it. More than 2/3rd of your life is still infront of you!

What's really motivating for me is working out. Just putting everything in it and powering myself out feels like becoming a new person every damn time.
If you don't want to go into a gym you can start with bodyweight training.
Try to learn something new each day and set small daily goals to keep yourself spinning.

If you want to, we can connect via PN and talk more detailed on a regular basis (and in german)! Don't give up!

PS: Maybe this can help too Not Fulfilled? Depressed? Maybe You Need An Alignment I can't recommend it enough!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
1. Get a job
2. Go to the gym
3. Eat meat, seafood, vegetables, nuts, seeds and oils.
4. Dress stylish
5. Read books
6. Travel(Anywhere could be 2 feet from where you are)
7. Talk to at least 3 random people a day
8. Continue with your freelance thing
9. Go meet women

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
1. Get a job
2. Go to the gym
3. Eat meat, seafood, vegetables, nuts, seeds and oils.
4. Dress stylish
5. Read books
6. Travel(Anywhere could be 2 feet from where you are)
7. Talk to at least 3 random people a day
8. Continue with your freelance thing
9. Go meet women

While this is general good advice, 1., 2., 6., 7., 8. and 9. could be troublesome because:

... I'm f*cking insecure.

Jpeveryday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 5, 2018
I spent a lot of my 20s feeling like this. (Though I was out living on my own and working in corporate.) All I wanted to do was be an entrepreneur.

It took me over a decade of lost time and heartache until I realized this simple truth... (And if you study cognitive behavioral therapy, the science confirms it.)

Our feelings, our thoughts our beliefs our insecurities are all EXTREMELY fickle.

We cannot think or feel our way into the doing part.

We must ACT first.

We must DO THE BEHAVIOR (whether we feel like it or not)...

and not just once but continually do the behavior through exposure & experience

Then and only then will our attitudes, feelings and beliefs shift.

Do first. Do consistently until you're desensitized. And your reward will be that you'll feel differently, you'll believe different things and your attitude will shift.

Entrepreneurship is not a solitary pursuit.

I'm sorry, you can't think your way outta this one compadre.

Please don't waste a decade like I did on this faulty logic.

Like someone said upthread, throw yourself out of the nest.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
None of us can help you, only you can help yourself.

With that being said, I believe you need a good dose of self reliance and discipline, through which you will build confidence.

Go get a shit job. Stick with it for a MINIMUM of 6 months, preferably a year. Nothing else on this earth will light a fire under your a$$ like working a dead end shit job for some micromanaging dickhead.

Stop taking money from Mom and Dad. Tell them you don’t want it (not that you’re ungrateful), and that they’re only hurting you by continuing to support you. Pay them rent. Pay your cellphone bill. Car insurance. Whatever other bills you have.

Learn to how to budget your money from your job. Not having made any money means you’re in no position to start a business where you’re going to need to budget and control spending. You need to start with the basics.

Go to the gym with a buddy. Every. Single. Day. Having structure in your life, like going to the gym and having a job, is going to hold you accountable and forge discipline. Not to mention the gym will help with confidence and stress, and obviously your overall health.

No more not doing something because you don’t feel like it or you’re too scared.

You HAVE to do the things that need to be done regardless of your feelings. Push past your comfort zone. This will build discipline, confidence and self reliance.

Short of all this, expect nothing more than the status quo.

Last edited:

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
None of us can help you, only you can help yourself.

With that being said, I believe you need a good dose of self reliance and discipline, through which you will build confidence.

Go get a sh*t job. Stick with it for a MINIMUM of 6 months, preferably a year. Nothing else on this earth will light a fire under your a$$ like working a dead end sh*t job for some micromanaging dickhead.

Stop taking money from Mom and Dad. Tell them you don’t want it (not that you’re unfrateful), and that they’re only hurting you by continuing to support you. Pay them rent. Pay your cellphone bill. Car insurance. Whatever other bills you have.

Learn to how to budget your money from your job. Not having made any money means you’re in no position to start business where you’re going to need to budget and control spending. You need to start with the basics.

Go to the gym with a buddy. Every. Single. Day. Having structure in your life, like going to the gym and having a job, is going to hold you accountable and forge discipline. Not to mention the gym will help with confidence and stress, and obviously your overall health.

No more not doing something because you don’t feel like it or you’re too scared.

You HAVE to do the things that need to be done regardless of your feelings. Push past your comfort zone. This will build discipline, confidence and self reliance.

Short of all this, expect nothing more than the status quo.

This.

I think dayjobs have a great effect of forging discipline and bringing structure into one’s life. It’s not the end, but it’s a preliminary stage.

Go get a job, hit the gym and you’ll see your confidence developing.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Now it is time for you to start to do. STOP CONSUMING SO MUCH, AND START PRODUCING MORE.

I made a video while ago talking about the reasons why people change, and how you can start too. It's simpler than you think.

Be aware that this is a long and informative video. Still would recommend you to watch to see if you can get an insight, and then... start to apply!

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Thanks to everyone. You, guys, are amazing!

Some people already pointed out what I found out as well the last few month/year. My lack of self-discipline.

For that reason, I'm going to a boxing club 5 times a week since 1.5 years. I'm doing boxing for 10 years now but always had some weeks or month where I didn't go to training. I changed that to 5 times/week whether "I feel" like going or not. That definitely has a positive impact on my mood -- and it's the only thing I do regulary without hesitation.

As for the lack of self-discipline business/job wise, I always struggled with not wanting something or having goals. I read a ton about setting goals, etc. but whatever I do, every "goal" I can come up with I think "meh, I don't want this bad enough". Part of because I'm accustomed to having such low standards I mentioned in my first post.

Of course, it's ridiciulous to not wanting to lead a "normal" life (moving out, living on my own terms, etc.). I know it's wrong to not want to move out but I don't "feel" it. This is something I really struggle with. I think, jpeveryday, pointed this out really well. Thank you, sir!

So a big problem is a lack of "structure" and self-discipline in my life.

Thank all, again, for your great suggestions and posts.

P.S. A client of mine emailed me just now and accepted my proposal to add a feature to his app for $510. Yay!

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Thanks to everyone. You, guys, are amazing!

Some people already pointed out what I found out as well the last few month/year. My lack of self-discipline.

For that reason, I'm going to a boxing club 5 times a week since 1.5 years. I'm doing boxing for 10 years now but always had some weeks or month where I didn't go to training. I changed that to 5 times/week whether "I feel" like going or not. That definitely has a positive impact on my mood -- and it's the only thing I do regulary without hesitation.

As for the lack of self-discipline business/job wise, I always struggled with not wanting something or having goals. I read a ton about setting goals, etc. but whatever I do, every "goal" I can come up with I think "meh, I don't want this bad enough". Part of because I'm accustomed to having such low standards I mentioned in my first post.

Of course, it's ridiciulous to not wanting to lead a "normal" life (moving out, living on my own terms, etc.). I know it's wrong to not want to move out but I don't "feel" it. This is something I really struggle with. I think, jpeveryday, pointed this out really well. Thank you, sir!

So a big problem is a lack of "structure" and self-discipline in my life.

Thank all, again, for your great suggestions and posts.

P.S. A client of mine emailed me just now and accepted my proposal to add a feature to his app for $510. Yay!
You have no motivation or 'fire' because you're still heavily reliant on your parents. You don't 'feel' the want to move out because mom and dad pay your way. It's easy. You're on the path of least resistance.

When everything is spoken and paid for, how could you possibly be hungry?

Stop the breastfeeding and take responsibility for your own bills. You must have a cell phone. Do you have a car? Is it financed? Insured? Pick up the freaking tab.

It sounds like your parents aren't pushing you whatsoever. Some people are fortunate to have parents that smack them on the a$$ and send them out the door to discover and conquer the world on their own. Some people are fortunate to have parents that don't provide, leaving them to provide for themselves. Others have to unlearn the suckling and throw themselves out the door and into the world.

Until you're under the pressure of obligations, it's going to be nearly impossible to push beyond your comfort zone. Forget freelancing for now, get a job, take responsibility for your costs, and get uncomfortable.

Imagine for a moment you start making some money, move out and are totally self reliant. You have $1,000 rent due each month, a $200 car payment, $100 auto insurance, a $100 cell phone bill, renter's insurance, groceries, internet connection, Netflix, credit cart payments, etc. You need new shoes, underwear, and winter is coming and you need a new jacket. Christmas is coming and you always wanted to get that gift for mom, or that gift for someone you love.

In this scenario your back is against the wall. What do you do? It's either sink or swim. Do the F*cking work, or don't. Choose the latter and pay the repercussions.

I'll guarantee you that you won't want to sink, you won't want to deal with the repercussions, and you won't want to give up what you worked hard to get.

Instead you'll want more than to work for your bills.

You'll want to help friends and family.

You'll get hungry and want more than to live in a shitty apartment, cash-strapped and stagnant.

You'll want freedom.

Get uncomfortable and see what it does to your life.

You'll be amazed.

I was.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
[small violin gif]
One more a**hole for the block list. What have you accomplished, huh? You've been here since 2012. Got anywhere? Got anything to justify your tearing others down? This guy at least posted his evidence of action taking. You're a phoney.

You know what needs to be done, stop looking for us to tell you it’s gonna be alright.
Enjoying that internet bravado? Satisfied with yourself?

I don't have a job...

This "freelancing" thing offered me excuses to sit in my room and doing nothing. That's spot on what you said there.

To be honest, I hate doing websites and only did it in the past (on Upwork) to get a little bit of money.
1. Upwork is nonsense for a German. Upwork is for cheap clients and 3rd world word-vomiters. That place is a depressing cesshole. Never visit that site again.
2. You do need to get a job, and I think you've already come to that conclusion yourself. Find out and travel to the city with the highest paying jobs for the skills you have, get a job there, and leave home. Also, tell your parents to go F*ck themselves for mollycoddling you into this mess.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Just wake up F*cking early.

From 6am - 12pm, you better be focused on something.

Take a lunch break, then do it again for another 4 hours.

Go workout, eat healthy, develop relationships.

But most importantly, develop a PROCESS.

No process, no success.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Enjoying that internet bravado? Satisfied with yourself?

1. Upwork is nonsense for a German. Upwork is for cheap clients and 3rd world word-vomiters. That place is a depressing cesshole. Never visit that site again.

Also, tell your parents to go f*ck themselves for mollycoddling you into this mess.
Lol.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
revoked

Last edited:

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
So today I made my goal to write 5 more sales letters till 05:00pm for selling websites. I customized every letter and finished all of them by 03:30pm. Now I put them in envelopes and deliver it to the companies.

I also "upsold" my recurrent client an additional feature for $148 (on top of the $510 I mentioned yesterday).
I "negotiated" that he pays 50% upfront and 50% when everything is finished.

I'll use the first half of the payment to buy more stamps and envelopes in order to send more sales letters.
18-09-11 15-32-21 4876.jpg 18-09-11 15-33-49 4877.jpg

Faithlaine

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 28, 2013
So today I made my goal to write 5 more sales letters till 05:00pm for selling websites. I customized every letter and finished all of them by 03:30pm. Now I put them in envelopes and deliver it to the companies.

I also "upsold" my recurrent client an additional feature for $148 (on top of the $510 I mentioned yesterday).
I "negotiated" that he pays 50% upfront and 50% when everything is finished.

I'll use the first half of the payment to buy more stamps and envelopes in order to send more sales letters.
View attachment 21508 View attachment 21507

You are a go-getter. I just read your post. You did in 1 day what some people take months to do. lol

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I am experiencing something similar. But I am not living with my parents. For the last 9 months housing and work has been unreliable, choppy, and non-consistent. It is really demotivating me. I feel like until I have a secure place and job only then could I focus on fastlane or other skills. It is very hard for me to work under pressure like this due to my past. To keep it show my background is filled with some trauma and moments where I had no security or support. So, I just fall apart when I don't have basic things.

I moved to another state to not only be in a better environment but it was also a better place for potentially building my career (science). For 9 months I have been putting in application after application. Most of the time I never get a call or email. The few times I do, they either say sorry they went ahead with someone else or call me for an interview. I have been to about 2-3 interviews in 9 months. I have even started applying for just any job. Even the crappy labor minimum wage jobs and even they do not call me or hire me. I began to think, " am I doing something wrong?" After examining it I do not think I am. I think I need more skills/experience to get into my career. For the other jobs I don't have the experience at all.

I have tried so much crap to get ahead and feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I applied at a fish hatchery and this morning they said sorry that they could not get the funding to hire me. In a little bit I am going to contact them to ask if I could just volunteer there. I figure I give them free labor and in return I get experience that can help me down the road.

Cannabis is legal in the state I am in. Right now harvest is happening. I got myself a worker's permit and I got a seasonal job starting tomorrow. This job is a bit competitive too. I had to bug a few farms to hire me. Kept calling and showing up at their office. One lady even said, "bugging us paid off for you". It's hard, man. I too get so frustrated even to the point where I want to give up on life. But, I try to think of the future. I try to strive for something more. Even right now it does not seem apparent I hope/believe it will become more clear when things get better. I am trying to just focus on one tiny thing at a time. It is the tiny things you do that add up. I also suggest don't pursue women right now. It will only make matters worse. Get your life in order first. Women can be a huge distraction. Right now I am living at my cousin's house for about 2 weeks. He is cool with it and actually excited I am here. There is no pressure. But, I don't know his kids or wife. And I sometimes feel they are uncomfortable or awkward that I am here. So, sometimes I think about that and it makes me want to get my own space ASAP. I actually need my own space so I can properly have routines, privacy, and so on. As of right now, I don't have this. Anyway, like I say, move your life forward piece by piece. Have more confidence in your skills. I am trying to learn copywriting to earn some side income and just to learn a valuable skill. I am SICK of this shit and need to do something to get myself out. My mom, cousin, government, women, no one can save me. And I don't want them to. Good luck.

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Good job on getting the gig! Here are +100$ sent your way ;)

I suggest not reading any more copywriting books for the time being and just investing all your energy and time to getting clients. Then, keep getting clients but try to increase the price. As another poster said, you did in a day what others don't do in months.

Hope you're proud of yourself. Get yourself a premium Tinder membership (I did in August and had sex with 5 different girls thanks to the unlimited swipes) and your life will get in order. You'll soon how money and gurlz - they are not everything in life, but to a guy your age they are probably 90%

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...