The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey

RAZR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 12, 2018
Ozark, MO
Here is my quick introduction.

I believe that I have always been an entrepreneur. But I spent many years in the slowlane. In 1999 I was in restaurant management, doing very well. One day I stopped and looked around at my peers, who were twice my age, and realized I did not want to be in that same place at 50. Working 70+ hours a week and wondering about job security. I decided to make a change. A change that went against everything that I had been told (or taught) all of my life. I began looking for something that would allow me to control my future and that allowed me to profit from success or failures. After some research, I chose a trade and went to Barber School. This decision was a difficult one. To leave perceived security and follow a different path. But it was the best decision I could have ever made.
Over the next few years I saw more ups than downs. I was able to make a good living. I learned more every day. Not just about my chosen trade, but about everything. In a Barber Shop you have a community, a valuable resource. I started to add to my income in simple ways, buying and selling of items from behind the chair. Then in 2007 I purchased my first set of storage units (from behind the chair and with no money in the bank). Most gut wrenching decisions of my life. Other than my house, this was my first real estate purchase. If it did not go well, I would lose the house. But through hard work, it went well.
Over the next few years my portfolio of property slowly began to increase. After reading the Fastlane in 2014, with a new perspective (scale), I doubled my properties. Bringing them to the point that, in the fall of 2014, I could no longer afford (never thought I would say that) to be tied to the Barber Shop 50+ hours a week. I retired from the Barber Shop to manage the properties. In the summer of 2017 I had the opportunity to sell my storage units, now 8 properties, and I took it. After reading UNSCRIPTED in the fall of 2017, I realize that I now live the Unscripted life.
I still own/manage some residential and commercial properties, as well as a company that I started in 2007 with my business partner that manufactures and wholesales leather items to a niche market.
I have joined the forum to give a little back. To share from my experiences, and to hopefully add some value to a larger community.
I am excited for what the future holds, and look forward to what is ahead.

@MJ DeMarco
@million$$$smile

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Welcome.
Seems you've had quite an interesting journey so far.
The beautiful thing about this forum is that there are all cadres of entrepreneurs from all forms of backgrounds, all contributing information from their own areas of expertise.
Makes this place such a golden resource.
Looking forward to seeing your posts around.
Welcome once again, and wish you a wonderful and fruitful time here.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Welcome aboard partner.

I think you'll find tremendous value on the forum and would highly recommend subscribing to the INSIDERS also.

Take some time and read through some of the Gold Threads. There are so many gems freely given that you won't have the time to read them all.

Again welcome to the Forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...