Here is my quick introduction.
I believe that I have always been an entrepreneur. But I spent many years in the slowlane. In 1999 I was in restaurant management, doing very well. One day I stopped and looked around at my peers, who were twice my age, and realized I did not want to be in that same place at 50. Working 70+ hours a week and wondering about job security. I decided to make a change. A change that went against everything that I had been told (or taught) all of my life. I began looking for something that would allow me to control my future and that allowed me to profit from success or failures. After some research, I chose a trade and went to Barber School. This decision was a difficult one. To leave perceived security and follow a different path. But it was the best decision I could have ever made.
Over the next few years I saw more ups than downs. I was able to make a good living. I learned more every day. Not just about my chosen trade, but about everything. In a Barber Shop you have a community, a valuable resource. I started to add to my income in simple ways, buying and selling of items from behind the chair. Then in 2007 I purchased my first set of storage units (from behind the chair and with no money in the bank). Most gut wrenching decisions of my life. Other than my house, this was my first real estate purchase. If it did not go well, I would lose the house. But through hard work, it went well.
Over the next few years my portfolio of property slowly began to increase. After reading the Fastlane in 2014, with a new perspective (scale), I doubled my properties. Bringing them to the point that, in the fall of 2014, I could no longer afford (never thought I would say that) to be tied to the Barber Shop 50+ hours a week. I retired from the Barber Shop to manage the properties. In the summer of 2017 I had the opportunity to sell my storage units, now 8 properties, and I took it. After reading UNSCRIPTED in the fall of 2017, I realize that I now live the Unscripted life.
I still own/manage some residential and commercial properties, as well as a company that I started in 2007 with my business partner that manufactures and wholesales leather items to a niche market.
I have joined the forum to give a little back. To share from my experiences, and to hopefully add some value to a larger community.
I am excited for what the future holds, and look forward to what is ahead.
@MJ DeMarco
@million$$$smile
I believe that I have always been an entrepreneur. But I spent many years in the slowlane. In 1999 I was in restaurant management, doing very well. One day I stopped and looked around at my peers, who were twice my age, and realized I did not want to be in that same place at 50. Working 70+ hours a week and wondering about job security. I decided to make a change. A change that went against everything that I had been told (or taught) all of my life. I began looking for something that would allow me to control my future and that allowed me to profit from success or failures. After some research, I chose a trade and went to Barber School. This decision was a difficult one. To leave perceived security and follow a different path. But it was the best decision I could have ever made.
Over the next few years I saw more ups than downs. I was able to make a good living. I learned more every day. Not just about my chosen trade, but about everything. In a Barber Shop you have a community, a valuable resource. I started to add to my income in simple ways, buying and selling of items from behind the chair. Then in 2007 I purchased my first set of storage units (from behind the chair and with no money in the bank). Most gut wrenching decisions of my life. Other than my house, this was my first real estate purchase. If it did not go well, I would lose the house. But through hard work, it went well.
Over the next few years my portfolio of property slowly began to increase. After reading the Fastlane in 2014, with a new perspective (scale), I doubled my properties. Bringing them to the point that, in the fall of 2014, I could no longer afford (never thought I would say that) to be tied to the Barber Shop 50+ hours a week. I retired from the Barber Shop to manage the properties. In the summer of 2017 I had the opportunity to sell my storage units, now 8 properties, and I took it. After reading UNSCRIPTED in the fall of 2017, I realize that I now live the Unscripted life.
I still own/manage some residential and commercial properties, as well as a company that I started in 2007 with my business partner that manufactures and wholesales leather items to a niche market.
I have joined the forum to give a little back. To share from my experiences, and to hopefully add some value to a larger community.
I am excited for what the future holds, and look forward to what is ahead.
@MJ DeMarco
@million$$$smile
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
